I want to buy a Disneyland sweatshirt or jacket but cannot find one I want

Ok so I was at the park the other day and wanted to buy a Disneyland (not Disney resort or Disney parks) sweatshirt or jacket. I went to every single shop and would have to say the "DisneyLand" sweatshirts and zippered jackets were very very lacking in my opinion. I could not find one sweat shirt or jacket (for a male) I would have felt comfortable spending the $40- $60+ dollars on. I know we have such talented designers and artists in the company can't we make some really kick butt Disneyland Sweatshirts or Jackets? What ever happened to the "Vintage" Disneyland lines?

Since merchandise is such a big part of the Disney bottom line, can't we do better in terms of selection and styles for "Disneyland" or even some of the other available Sweatshirts and Jackets.

Comments? ideas? I know we must have some fashion designer students or professionals here!

If anyone has some ideas where I can get a really cool Disneyland Sweatshirt or zip up jacket (light jacket, or flannel) Please let me know! Thanks again
    Last edited by CAspace; 11-28-2008 at 10:59 AM.

• Minion

Re: I want to buy a Disneyland sweatshirt or jacket but cannot find one I want

I agree. I'd just like a simple Disneyland logo with the old 60s castle icon.

Not rubberized, not glitter, not metallic, no weird slogans or cross-park resort promotions or ugly airbrushed characters or photoshopped strangeness... just the classic logo.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Oh, I've told this to the merchandise execs plenty o times. They do not listen or claim that they've tried it and never sold. I told them that you don't need a character on everything. They disagree.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Animatronic

I agree! All I want is a simple Disneyland jacket, only it should be distressed, drenched in glitter, say "Disney Parks" and have Snow White with an edgy slogan like "My men may be short, but I have seven", and it should cost like $700.

Oh wait, that kind of stuff is already all over the park. I see your point. Something well made, tasteful and classic would be nice.

Glad to hear that it isn't just me having this problem with finding a Disneyland Sweatshirt or simple jacket. I really was trying hard to find something that I would like to wear. I had the money in my hand and was willing to spend it in a second if I found something.
    Perhaps Disneyland needs us to mock up a design for them. MerlinJones's idea of the basic Disneyland Logo with the castle would be a start.

• Ready for takeoff

I usually have the same problem but finally found a sweatshirt I liked. It is blue with just "Disneyland" across the front. They had a green one just like it, but I prefered the blue one.

It was $58, but I had a 20% off coupon, so it was not so bad.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-28-2008, 11:26 AM