View Poll Results: Which Disney Resort Is Better?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland Resort

36 83.72%
  • Walt Disney World Resort

4 9.30%
  • Other

3 6.98%

• Disneyland's #1 Fan

Question The Big Quesiton: Which Is Better? Disneyland Resort Or WDW?

Well Which Disney Resort Is Better? Walt Disney World Or Disneyland Resort? Choose Carefully.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: The Big Quesiton: Which Is Better? Disneyland Resort Or WDW?

Neither.... They're both so different from each other that it's hard to compare.
    And this is a very touchy subject!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• =)

This is indeed a touchy subject, although it's rather obvious which one usually wins when these threads are posted in the Disneyland forum. I'd imagine the reverse is typically true in the WDW forum.

I'm not going to vote, since I haven't really been to WDW. (Long story.) Theoretically speaking, though, I'd say WDW is stronger as a resort, but Disneyland is much stronger than any of WDW's parks.

• When Will It Return?

Other.

Tokyo Disney Resort blows both of them away. Too bad so few from this country will ever actually see that place.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

Sigh.

They all have their strong and weak points, one isn't better than the other.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I a not going to decide which is better.

I like Disneyland Resort because of the closeness of all the parks, hotels, and downtown Disney. Everything is so close together and pretty much the whole resort is within walking distance.

I like WDW because of the amount of things to do there. Also, there are so many types of transportation, and it feels very "magical".

There are goods and bads of each.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

WDW is cool because its big, it also sucks how big it is.
    DL is cool because I can get an AP for it and go all the time and its easy to go to both parks.
    Really WDW is cool to go to ever 10 years and what not but DL is my favorite since I can go all the time and there's always something new.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    WDW is cool because its big, it also sucks how big it is.
    DL is cool because I can get an AP for it and go all the time and its easy to go to both parks.
    That's how I feel about it.
    I would say WDW wins because of size and how you can travel from park to park...but DLR is right here for me to go all the time...

• Circle of Ancients

I refuse to vote in this thread because I love both Disneyland AND WDW. Some reasons are the same, some reasons are different.

Both have "The Magic" that you crave from a Disney park
    Disneyland is the "Original" and you can still feel Walt's hand in much of the park
    Disneyland has a higher concentration of rides than WDW
    I can spend a week at WDW and still not see everything I want to see
    At Disneyland, 3 days in a row is MORE than enough
    WDW has Disneyland trumped on Restaurants/Hotels/non-theme park activities

Overall, WDW may get a very slight edge for me, but it's probably because I've been to Disneyland probably 200+ times and WDW only 3 times.

• Sock Puppet

They're both great parks so I can't choose the better park. WDW is huge and has tons of stuff to do beside theme parks and has alot of greenery which makes it look pretty. But it's a little too big in size. Disneyland is great because you can go to 2 parks in 1 day because they are close together. Also it Walt Disney's original park so when you walk inside the park, you think how Walt Disney felt about the park. But you're too close to the outside world. Well Disneyworld has tons of room to make it feel like your in it's own little place. Walt Disney World is where I went on all my Disney thrill rides like Splash,Space, and Big Thunder Mountain. Since I live near Disneyland I go every year it feels magical going every single year. But to choose one WDW by a little bit because WDW is the 1st place that I went on all the Disney thrill rides. But Disneyland is a good park too.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I've not been to WDW - and I'd like to go......but seriously, I choose Disneyland being the best, because it's where Walt Disney himself 'played'. He rode the attractions - he was there.......so to me, that constitutes Disneyland to be better.

Not enough people have the courage to make a stand here. Disneyland blows away WDW. To compare apples with apples, I'll compare WDW's MK with DLR. DLR is smaller and has more rides which means more riding and less walking.

I took my family to DLR in Dec 06 and we had a blast. Thunder Mtn, Pirates, HM, Splash, and Pooh are so close that you can just go back between those classics and ride them multiple times in an hour. Space Mtn is incredible with the soundtrack and lighting they have there.

I took my family to the MK at WDW for one day two weeks ago. I used to work at Typhoon and grew up on WDW, so one would think I'd be biased toward Florida. Not so fast my friends. The above mentioned rides are so far apart from each other that we only got on Splash and Pirates once and never made it to Thunder Mtn (thanks to Spectro blocking our way-oh well). Speaking of Pirates, the Florida version should be renamed Pirates of Lake Okeechobee because at least 50% of the DL version of the ride is missing. No treasure room!

I was working at Disney in Orlando when DCA was announced. I was highly critical of the design decision and ride choices. I felt that mgmt was just handpicking the most popular rides and hotel (Grand Californian, anybody?) in Florida and plucking them into DCA. After visiting DCA, it does have a Florida feel to it with the ridiculous amount of walking, but honestly, the rides there make it unnecessary for me to go to Epcot or DHS.

Orlando also has too much of a corporate feel to it. When I called the restaurant reservation line for my DL trip to inquire about accomodations to my daughter's celiac disease, I got huge help that included thorough instructions on what to do when we ordered to all of the restaurants we could go to. When I called WDW dining line, I had to wait on hold for "busy calling time" at 1 PM on a Wednesday late in October. The hold time was about 10 minutes. Next I was told that there was no list of restaurants within the MK they could give me and that I just ask for a manager. WDW dining didn't give me any warm fuzzies. I had to search Google to find out that Pecos Bill's had several food choices for my daughter. Not cool. I think the busy calling time at midweek may have been due to WDW cost cutting which has led to few employees left to answer calls.

Bottom line: WDW is too big. Too many hotels, too much staff, too many parks. All of my future travels home to Florida will involve going to Universal and Sea World and maybe a trip to Typhoon for old time sakes.

• =)

I suspect I'd probably feel similarly to you, WesternMouse, if I were to visit WDW...and I'd say so. It's not an issue of courage for me...it's just that my one and only trip to WDW was when I was in first grade, and I was very sick the whole week, so really the only memories I have of the resort are sleeping on a hill somewhere in one of the parks, getting a shirt as a reward for taking my medicine, being somewhere in the World Showcase, and riding Splash Mountain. I really don't have enough personal experience to judge the place.

Yet.

• A Weather Eye Open

seriously, why ask in a DL forum? i guess there's no neutral place to ask, but you know what the answer is going to be.

I like DL. i'm biased because i'm a california girl, and i've never even been to WDW. not that i DON'T like WDW and wouldn't LOVE to visit it one day; i'm just one of those people who nearly always loves the original more than the sequel. I'd also like to see TDL, since i've heard so much wonderful stuff about it on here.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Disney Night Owl

Well if Tokyo Disneyland were thrown into the mix, then I totally agree with PeoplemoverMatt even though I have never been. That park just seems so incredibly amazing, I hope I can pay a visit someday.

Now as for the actual poll between Disneyland and WDW, I chose Disneyland. When growing up, I was so eager to get to WDW because it totally seemed like WDW would blow my mind away and not even compare to Disneyland. Now to be fair, I didn't go to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. I found EPCOT interesting but I was somewhat let down compared to what I had seen in pictures and videos. It was definitely an interesting and fun experience, but didn't meet my expectations. As for the Magic Kingdom, it felt like a larger watered down replica of Disneyland. It felt too big and vacant, filled with the same rides. I will totally admit that WDW's Splash Mountain is better than Disneyland's, but other than that...it was really no contest as to which of the two has more heart to it.

However like others have said, I am of course biased since I've been going to Disneyland ever since I was a baby. Nostalgia owns all for me and Disneyland was the pioneer park, so it will remain a classic and favorite to many Disney fans. Nothing can top that, no matter how big and better it tries to be. Quantity just doesn't match quality.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.