Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
  1. #16

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Eh, I don't know. Space Mountain at Walt Disney World has been running longer than all of the others, and it's been running longer than Big Thunder Mountain as well. I think, above all, reinforcement of the track or at least replacing some sections would be smart. It may not have had to deal with Pressler as much as ours did, but I'm sure it needs almost as much care as ours. It is a fun ride, but I'd probably enjoy it more if it was smoother.
    It's in a somewhat bad shape, but it's still operational, much like with the Matterhorn. Our Space Mountain fell of the tracks, & really badly needed attention ASAP! Which, thank god for Matt Ouimet, it did.

  2. #17

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Our Space Mountain fell of the tracks
    What?


  3. #18

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    What?
    The reason Disneyland's Space Mountain closed so suddenly like that in 2003, was during routine morning testing, one of the trains actually fell off the track.

  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    The reason Disneyland's Space Mountain closed so suddenly like that in 2003, was during routine morning testing, one of the trains actually fell off the track.
    Okay, we'll go with that.

    Are you sure you aren't confusing that with Tokyo? TDL's has a rocket derail sometime in 2003, I believe.

    Not to mention, the Space Mountain closure happened before Matt became president. It was around the time Rasulo replaced Pressler.

  5. #20

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Are you sure you aren't confusing that with Tokyo? TDL's has a rocket derail sometime in 2003, I believe.
    Nope, I am talking about Disneyland in Anaheim's Space Mountain.

  6. #21

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Source, perhaps? I've never heard of anything like that happening with our Space Mountain.


  7. #22

    • Animation Domination
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    FOX Network
    Posts
    31,133

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Looking at clips from YouTube to see other Space Mountain attractions. Disneyland has the best Space Mountain.

  8. #23

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Paris before Mission 2.


  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Source, perhaps? I've never heard of anything like that happening with our Space Mountain.
    I can't remember a source, but why else would it suddenly close like that?

  10. #25

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I can't remember a source, but why else would it suddenly close like that?
    Because it went 101 in a way they couldn't quickly fix and they realized it really desperately needed some attention...or because they'd been planning to shut it down for a long while...or because a car really did derail! I dunno. I'm just saying that we can't make assumptions, and I personally never heard about a car derailing inside.


  11. #26

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Because it went 101 in a way they couldn't quickly fix and they realized it really desperately needed some attention...or because they'd been planning to shut it down for a long while...or because a car really did derail! I dunno. I'm just saying that we can't make assumptions, and I personally never heard about a car derailing inside.
    Well, the car derailing is the most concrete story I've heard of.

  12. #27

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Well, the car derailing is the most concrete story I've heard of.
    Anyone can come up with a concrete story - the only thing that really matters is whether or not it's true.


  13. #28

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Currently Disneyland's Space Mountain is best, i'd say, but WDW will probably start to edge up after it's refurbishment next year.
    I highly doubt it. Thanks to the economy and the cheapness of WDW management WDW's Space Mountain will get a half-a$$ed refurb next year

  14. #29

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Well, the car derailing is the most concrete story I've heard of.
    Zing.

    I'm betting Rasulo was touring the parks to see what he needed to fix, saw the sorry state of Space Mountain, and said "Shut this mutha#%^!$& down!"

    That or Operations brought it to his attention and he gave the order.

    Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I highly doubt it. Thanks to the economy and the cheapness of WDW management WDW's Space Mountain will get a half-assed refurb next year
    Jeez. Have you even been to WDW before?

    It's not as terrible as some members make it out to be. Management does what they have to to ensure a profit. It's part of business.

    WDW is a beautiful resort with great attractions. It's not a punishment.

    I'm thinking you have it in your head that DL is godly and that nothing can ever compare to it. You, my friend, are wrong.

  15. #30

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Zing.


    Jeez. Have you even been to WDW before?

    It's not as terrible as some members make it out to be. Management does what they have to to ensure a profit. It's part of business.

    WDW is a beautiful resort with great attractions. It's not a punishment.

    I'm thinking you have it in your head that DL is godly and that nothing can ever compare to it. You, my friend, are wrong.
    I have been to WDW three times I have only been to DLR once. I live on the east coast and I have seen the DL Space Mountain and I have seen ours and the DL one is far superior.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Is Magic Kingdom the smallest of the 4 parks?
    By kcnole in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
  2. RCT2 Disneyland/California Adventure/Magic Kingdom Parks
    By ohiolandshark in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 12:16 AM
  3. TDL's upgraded Space Mountain vs. DLR's Space Mountain
    By ChrisFL in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 06:57 PM
  5. It's Official: Magic Mountain (and 5 other parks) are for sale:
    By sir clinksalot in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 02:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •