Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

Who says that management will do a "half-assed" refurb? Any new effects would be an upgrade. Tokyo pulled off a "half-assed" refurb very well, it seems, no one on here has complained about it.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Who says that management will do a "half-assed" refurb? Any new effects would be an upgrade. Tokyo pulled off a "half-assed" refurb very well, it seems, no one on here has complained about it.
    Yeah but Tokyo got a pretty extensive refurb. The rumor I have heard is that WDW has cut the scale of the project back immensley.

• Banned User

when you think about it, Tokyo's refurb wasn't that extensive. New signage and an entirely new loading station.

I'm betting WDW will at least add something to the ride. They know the public won't be satisfied with a new loading station.

• Banned User

Yeah, stitchon got it right. Tokyo barely got anything for their "big" refurbishment. Only as you said, new signage, a new loading station, & a few small effects. They don't even have on-ride music yet!

Zing.

I'm betting Rasulo was touring the parks to see what he needed to fix, saw the sorry state of Space Mountain, and said "Shut this mutha#%^!$& down!"

That or Operations brought it to his attention and he gave the order.
    That doesn't seem like something Jay Rasulo would do. LoL!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Yeah, stitchon got it right. Tokyo barely got anything for their "big" refurbishment. Only as you said, new signage, a new loading station, & a few small effects. They don't even have on-ride music yet!

That doesn't seem like something Jay Rasulo would do. LoL!
    Well, this was before he decided to homogenize the parks and make them all fit under one umbrella. He was never completely evil.

Heck, from what I gather, Pressler and Harris weren't completely evil either. I've met imagineers who worked with them before, and they said that Paul and Cynthia's hearts were in the right place, but considering their background it's no surprise what they did.

• Banned User

Heck, from what I gather, Pressler and Harris weren't completely evil either. I've met imagineers who worked with them before, and they said that Paul and Cynthia's hearts were in the right place, but considering their background it's no surprise what they did.
    Well, I don't think Harris was ever as bad as Pressler.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Well, the car derailing is the most concrete story I've heard of.
    Another example of internet exaggeration taking on a life of its own. Safety was a concern, and was part of the shutdown of the attraction to get the refurb in.. but no train ever left the tracks.

DL has the best on ride experience.. WDW has a great queue and POTENTIAL.. but is entirely out of date. The post-shows are dated and ugly now, but has the long great indoor queue to set the stage, along with the show sets on the ride.

DL's building is such a compromise, but the onride experience is great. WDW would be world class if they updated the show elements, and got the track rebuilt with new space effects.

The on-ride experiences are totally different right now. DL's is more like RnRC.. virtually no spacial references at all. WDW's is more like a mousetrap where you fear the track as you dart in and out of it.

DL's is top notch.. I just wish it had the setback and queue potential WDW has. The loading station at DL is nice tho.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

The original. I can't emphasize enough how much I love that ride!

WDW has the best Splash.

DLP has the best BTM.

Haven't been to Asian parks.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Circle of Ancients

I've only ridden the ones at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom (WDW).

I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer MK's version.

I personally find Disneylands lay-out to be VERY boring. Although, it does take the cake as far as the effects and the on-board soundtrack.

WDW's would be better if it was smoother. I'm hoping with it's long-rumored re-tracking it will maintain the amazing layout, with a smoother track and the effects that make Disneyland's version great too.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    The original. I can't emphasize enough how much I love that ride!
    So you like the MK (WDW) version best then??? Because that one was built in 1975, Disneyland's wasn't until 1977.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

I personally find Disneylands lay-out to be VERY boring. Although, it does take the cake as far as the effects and the on-board soundtrack.

WDW's would be better if it was smoother. I'm hoping with it's long-rumored re-tracking it will maintain the amazing layout, with a smoother track and the effects that make Disneyland's version great too.
    That's funny, Clinks. I'm the complete opposite of your opinion, of which I of course respect...

I find DL's layout to be the best. It's smaller space forces sharp hairpin turns which makes it feel that you are going faster than you really are, which really adds to the overall experience.

And I have nothing wrong with the layout of WDW. If only it was as smooth as DL's I would say that both Space Mountains were equal. So I guess as far as WDW is concerned you and I agree.

As things stand I find that DL's version is superior. If WDW fixes things up I would predict that it would be a draw.

• Banned User

You do know they're exactly the same, aside from being opposite in track layout.

• Circle of Ancients

You do know they're exactly the same, aside from being opposite in track layout.
    What???

Disneylands and WDW's Track Layouts are NOWHERE near the same. Not even close. Are you talking about the 2 seperate tracks on WDW's version???

• Banned User

What???

Disneylands and WDW's Track Layouts are NOWHERE near the same. Not even close. Are you talking about the 2 seperate tracks on WDW's version???
    OMG, I'm so sorry. For some god forsaken reason I was thinking about Big Thunder Mountain.

Ignore me...

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

So you like the MK (WDW) version best then??? Because that one was built in 1975, Disneyland's wasn't until 1977.
    The original Magic Kingdom, not the original SM. That wasn't too clear, was it? Our normal 6-7 hour drive home yesterday took 9 1/2 hours, so I'm barely here at the moment.

My main problem at WDW is that is not dark enough, and I can see the track. Even wearing shades, I have to avoid looking straight ahead. I also think the load at DL is tres cool, and the music takes it to an even higher level. I've got no beef with the ride itself at WDW, and don't really even find it too rough. If they were both just tracks and nothing else, I may even prefer it. Of course, if they were tracks and nothing else, Space wouldn't be on my personal top 10 coaster list. The boy was stunned when I told him we only go 28 MPH.

A bientot.
    Last edited by ralfrick; 12-01-2008 at 09:39 PM.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-30-2008, 10:51 AM