Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

Out of all the Magic Kingdom Parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

• no flash photography...

Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

how many magic kingdom parks are there?

• Collision speed....FULL!

There are five of them; only been on one of them. Can't say which is the best.

• Banned User

Out of Paris, WDW, & DL, I like Disneyland's the best.

• =)

I'm going to say ours, even though it's the only one I've experienced.

* The MK version is the original, and it's got two tracks, but they're both shorter than ours, and a lot bumpier by all accounts. The special effects aren't as interesting either, from what I hear/see. And no music, right?
    * The Tokyo version looks cool, but there's no music, I don't think.
    * The Hong Kong version is basically the same as ours inside, I think, except I prefer our exterior.
    * The Paris one is radically different than all of them, and probably a huge blast, but it could never take the place of Disneyland's in my heart. Also, I don't think the overhaul it got a few years ago ("Mission 2") has been very well-received.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm going to say ours, even though it's the only one I've experienced.

* The MK version is the original, and it's got two tracks, but they're both shorter than ours, and a lot bumpier by all accounts. The special effects aren't as interesting either, from what I hear/see. And no music, right?
    * The Tokyo version looks cool, but there's no music, I don't think.
    * The Hong Kong version is basically the same as ours inside, I think, except I prefer our exterior.
    * The Paris one is radically different than all of them, and probably a huge blast, but it could never take the place of Disneyland's in my heart. Also, I don't think the overhaul it got a few years ago ("Mission 2") has been very well-received.
    You're correct that there is no music in both the WDW version & the Tokyo version. Paris' Mission 2 wasn't all that well received because it completely jumbles up the theme of the attraction.

• The Fantasyland guy

I have only been on WDW and DL's. Out of those two, DL wins. WDW is too much like Matterhorn for me to enjoy.

If I wanted to ride the matterhorn, I would ride the matterhorn.

• Launch sequence engaged

I have ridden Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris prior to the "Mission 2" overhaul and Disneyland's.

As nostalgic as the Disneyland ride is for me, and as much as I love the upgraded version (I love Giacchino's soundtrack!), DLP's original Space Mountain was simply the best. The comprehensive Jules Verne theme, the implementation of the canon, and the outstanding music knocked me out of the park!

The Mission 2 re-theme eliminated all that, but I am still going to have to say that was the best Space Mountain. If I had ALL control of Disney, I would restore Space Mountain: Mission 2 to Space Mountain: De La Terre a la Lune.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

I been to the WDW and compare to DL, DL has it best hands down.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Banned User

Disneyland's is smooth and has the best effects, but is a little short
    WDW's is huge and has two tracks, but isn't that interesting when it comes to effects
    Tokyo's is neat looking with the new effects inside, but looks like a standard rollercoaster in the dark, without a soundtrack no less.
    Paris' Space Mountain is certainly unique, but I hear it bashes you around like there's no tomorrow
    Hong Kong's Space Mountain is a clone of ours with different effects and a smaller loading station, almost a petite DL Space Mountain

Currently Disneyland's Space Mountain is best, i'd say, but WDW will probably start to edge up after it's refurbishment next year.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Currently Disneyland's Space Mountain is best, i'd say, but WDW will probably start to edge up after it's refurbishment next year.
    If it happens...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    If it happens...
    Well, if it does happen, I'm betting it won't be the lavish refurb that was rumored.

It's too bad. WDW's Space Mountain needs some love.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I have only been on WDW and DL's. Out of those two, DL wins. WDW is too much like Matterhorn for me to enjoy.

If I wanted to ride the matterhorn, I would ride the matterhorn.

Well thats why I like Space Mt. at WDW it is the Magic Kingdoms matterhorn. Yes I have been on the Disneyland Clone of HKDL and Tokyo.

The one I want to go on is Paris with a loop.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Well, if it does happen, I'm betting it won't be the lavish refurb that was rumored.

It's too bad. WDW's Space Mountain needs some love.
    Yeah, most likely not. Their Space Mountain does need some love, but fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view), not as much as Disneyland's needed back in 2003.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Yeah, most likely not. Their Space Mountain does need some love, but fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view), not as much as Disneyland's needed back in 2003.
    Eh, I don't know. Space Mountain at Walt Disney World has been running longer than all of the others, and it's been running longer than Big Thunder Mountain as well. I think, above all, reinforcement of the track or at least replacing some sections would be smart. It may not have had to deal with Pressler as much as ours did, but I'm sure it needs almost as much care as ours. It is a fun ride, but I'd probably enjoy it more if it was smoother.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-30-2008, 10:51 AM