• Minion

Talking Attraction Proposal: Country Bears White Water Raft Adventure in Frontierland

HI.

As much as I enjoy the Pooh attraction, I miss the Country Bears and all their singing. The land that is currently occupied by Big Thunder Ranch and the petting zoo can be utilized. A water water raft adventure could be built. This would be similar in structure to DCA's Grizzly but much better. The Country Bears operate The Country Bears Whitewater Adventures Company that offers tours through the wilderness promising a calm ride.....and the ride is all but calm. Throught the adventure, you would see the bears signing and laughing and talking. I know it would be easier to add the Country Bears to DCA's Grizzly but the Country Bears deserve their own home in Frontierland. The Disneyland Railroad could also pass the attraction or go through it like it does in Splash Mountain. Frontierland could use the boost as well.

Re: Attraction Proposal: Country Bears White Water Raft Adventure in Frontierland

Hey I like your idea! or at the very least, it sounds LOADS better than the proposed "Woody" dark ride for the space... hmm, just what DL needs ANOTHER C TICKET DARK RIDE....

A water ride in that area would be terrific & a nice place to cool off in the place when it's stinken hot too. As for the bears, if they haven't yet been shipped off to wdw or used as spare parts by now, then maybe, just maybe they will make a return somewhere someday.. fingers crossed anywho

• The one, the only...

Re: Attraction Proposal: Country Bears White Water Raft Adventure in Frontierland

Joecool, I like the idea. And it IS better than the Woody idea. As Woody would say, "Remember we are toys!" (Not full sized people! It scares me with I see that full sized Woody walking in Frontierland. I hope that everyone "played nice" with their toys!) I would still like to see that Country Bears dump Pooh and return to their former location. How can we get the Pooh out?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• white and nerdy

on paper it sounds good, but for the amount of theming and scenery you are talking about, bears singing and all, I don't think a white water rapid ride would work.

Besides, its hard to make a very uniuqe rapids ride. I'm not saying it wouldn't be better than the Pooh ride, but a popcorn stand would be better than the pooh ride at this point.....

Perhaps a different ride type instead of rapids. I would like to see the country bears come back.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    on paper it sounds good, but for the amount of theming and scenery you are talking about, bears singing and all, I don't think a white water rapid ride would work.

Besides, its hard to make a very uniuqe rapids ride. I'm not saying it wouldn't be better than the Pooh ride, but a popcorn stand would be better than the pooh ride at this point.....

Perhaps a different ride type instead of rapids. I would like to see the country bears come back.

Ok... But Splash Mountain works...this ride would be just a bit faster than Splash and Disneyland needs new attractions that are themed not a Woody dark ride....Bring Back the Country Bears! THey deserve a home in Frontierland!

I would love to see a Splash Boat type ride in Disneyland. Like Perilous Plunge at Knott's Berry Farm, or Tidal Wave from Magic Mountain, or Escape from Pompeii in Busch Gardens. Ooooh. They could make another "mountain" ride where you have to escape before the mountain takes you. There can be intense fire scenes, shaking, water breaking loose, and it all ends with a big splash down where everyone gets wet. That would be cool.

But I would like to see the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown again.

• Former Epcot CM

Excuse me, get this thread out of the Disneyland Resort board RIGHT NOW and move it right in to the Walt Disney World Resort board! OUR FRONTIERLAND IS STARVING!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Ooh boy!

I don't think it'd be very logical to have two water raft rides at the same resort.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by openattheseams
    I don't think it'd be very logical to have two water raft rides at the same resort.

The attractions would be so different....DCA's Grizzly is unthemed. There are 2 free-fall rides in the same park Maliboomer and Tower of Terror...

• Ooh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    The attractions would be so different....DCA's Grizzly is unthemed. There are 2 free-fall rides in the same park Maliboomer and Tower of Terror...
    Ah yes, you are correct.

But what would happen to DCA's attendence? Maliboomer is always walk-on but Tower of Terror has lines. I think a themed water raft ride in Disneyland would make people think "Why did they even both building a water raft ride in DCA?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I like the idea, the area is way underused now. I don't think having two water rides at the same park is out of line. That's kind of like saying why do we need Space Mountain we already have the Matterhorn. Especially when I saw lines this summer at Splash Mountain reaching two hours. Doesn't Six Flags MM have at least two water rides?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Ah yes, you are correct.

But what would happen to DCA's attendence? Maliboomer is always walk-on but Tower of Terror has lines. I think a themed water raft ride in Disneyland would make people think "Why did they even both building a water raft ride in DCA?"
    ^ has a good point I think.

And right now, the Disney suits are far more concerned about DCA's attendance than Disneyland's.

A river rapids ride in Frontierland by itself is a good idea, but adding in DCA's factor it wouldn't be likely.

I do wish that the Woody dark ride doesn't happen, though...bleh.

• Minion

Ah yes, you are correct.

DCA's troubles stand alone. The attractions would not be the same....at all from the design of the rafts..I picture actual raft that could sit 8 ....two people side by side.... to the Country Bears and maybe an Indian Village.
    The theming will distinguish the attractions. Singing Country Bears!

The Bears still live in the Magic Kindgom. I really doubt Disney would bring the Country Bears back to the Disneyland.

• Minion

Talking Re: Attraction Proposal: Country Bears White Water Raft Adventure in Frontierland

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe
    The Bears still live in the Magic Kindgom. I really doubt Disney would bring the Country Bears back to the Disneyland.

There is hope there are redoing and bringing back the Subs to Disneyland so the Country Bears could return.
    Yes, Florida still has the Bears thankfully.