Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Walt Disney Fan

Re: Disneyland's Best Secret?

I had the same experience about five months ago.

We had never rode before and it was a blast.

They had jungle cruise type jokes and it was a blast to be able to canoe around the rivers of America.

Sometimes it's not opened which is a bummer cause it's not a long line and it's fun
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• Disney Geek

My last experience on the canoes was spent with the cm yelling at everyone to paddle harder. He was trying to be funny but was rude instead.

• aka the scorpion eater!

I love the canoes... one of my favorite Disneyland Classics that I would so be mad at Disney Management if they ever tried to give it a movie tie in or add a loop... lol

In other words... they better not touch the canoes since its one of the few gems left in the park and one of the few attractions powered by the people riding it.

Plus where else can you get the feeling of being outdoors on the rivers of america... I am sorry but Sailing Ship Columbia and Mark Twain are fun but traveling along rivers of america on a canoe makes everything 10x better! Plus its fun not bring on a track, then having the CM tell you to row faster than the Mark Twain because its called "the determination oar" and maybe its just me but those guys who lead the boats and work as CM's for that attraction are very cute and like the one girl said have really nice arms [probably from all that rowing]

• Showus your Larboard side

My son in law always gets in trouble with the CM on the canoes. He isn't even trying to either and usually becomes the butt of their jokes also. I'm the smart mouth guy that everyone wishes would have stayed on the dock. Great ride though, love the CM's on that attraction.
    I will say that I always try to take friends and relatives to the rest area by the lockers and ice cream place off Main Street and just set and let them discover the voices and funny skits coming from the second story windows. You would't believe how many people do not know they exist. Maybe not the best secret but one I like to share with those not in the know.

Mike
    Lakeside

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by readandburn View Post
    Agreed!

The canoes are a lot of fun. You'll get to know a lot about the other people pretty quickly. There's usually:

• The lazy person
    • The uncoordinated person
    • The trying-as-hard-as-they-can-but-can't-seem-to-do-it person
    • The born-to-paddle person
    • The giggly person
    • The I-really-would-rather-be-on-Small-World person
    • The I-have-to-actually-help? person
    • The overexcited person
    • The wet person (usually behind the overexcited person)

Canoes, I salute you!

Great list, but you forgot the chuckle head who keeps trying to take pictures...C'mon Jimmy Olsen, you can row or you can take photos, but you can't do both.

Although I just went on Sunday and I have found that in my old age, I am becoming a huge pansy. My arm was sore for like an hour afterward. Ah... old age

I've always wanted to go on the canoes, but have been too lazy to even though there's always little or no wait. I guess it's the thought of rowing more than one time around the Rivers of American that make me not want to go on it.

• AP holder 400 miles away

i looove these thing! IF i make it down this weekend i wanna hit them up. unless it's raining i wont be able to. hows the weather down there right now?

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

ya know, Im not gonna lie. I've never been on this ride nor do I ever pan to be.

Why you ask? Quite simply: my fear of large bodies of water -_-

Just the thought of being that close to the water, with nothing to stop me from really falling in, makes me just wanna cry almost.

I can barely stand going to The Pirates Lair. I have to be in the middle or I'm not going at all *shakes head*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12