Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• cleaner of the hook

Who cares if it is a Finding Nemo overlay once its open, once the big bucks are spent they can do a new (theme) overlay in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by not_onwaltsblacklist
    Who cares if it is a Finding Nemo overlay once its open, once the big bucks are spent they can do a new (theme) overlay in a few years.
    Good point! Since the animatronics will be in protective boxes it will be relatively easy to change and replace them. Heck, can you imagine "Holiday Submarines" or "Submarine Christmas"?

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    Good to know. I hope the Nemo overlay goes over well. Not very futuristic.
    But it sure is better than nothing!!

I'm also a tad skeptical about the Nemo overlay...but I have faith in Matt Ouimet to get the best out of it. And, as not onwaltsblacklist (whew) said, once DL's money machine starts spinning once again, they could just change the theme. It doesn't sound like the Nemo overlay was meant to last too long anyway...Three cheers for Matt Ouimet!
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

i won't be satisfied until i see LIVE mermaids waving from the center of the lagoon and a gun metal grey paint scheme on the subs.

• .......MORE COWBELL

Why would you object to the nemo redo....peter pan is based on a cartoon and that is still popular. I think Nemo , Marlin and Dory will be around a long time

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthokeefe
    Why would you object to the nemo redo....peter pan is based on a cartoon and that is still popular. I think Nemo , Marlin and Dory will be around a long time
    If they rename tomorrowland Pixarland, then it fits. If does not fit the theme of Tomorrowland, but then neither does Buzz, really.

I suggest an Incredibles overlay for Space Mountain, and a Cars overlay for Autopia, convert Star Tours to a motion ride based on Toy Story, make the astro orbiter a bunch of bugs, and turn HISTA into some sort of pixar character menagere, kind of like muppets 3D...

Well, not really. but it would be consistant

Regardless, I welcome the return of the subs and look forward to 2007!
    Last edited by Whatever; 02-22-2005 at 11:38 AM.

• Hero-in-Training

I have to agree with the NO NEMO! asessment. I mean, it's a good movie and everything, but hardly....well, "immersive". I'm sure it would appeal to the kiddies, but let's face it - there's nothing interesting, science fiction-y or fantastical about the environment that the characters from that movie inhabit (aside from having talking fish). It's all character driven. Aside from that, there's no adventure theme. Somehow an AA dentist and his niece really aren't all that frightening when you're in a steel warmachine.

As dissapointing as Disney's Atlantis was, I think it would be a much more potent concept for the overlay, as well as having direct links to the old attraction. The film had some fantastic visuals with its combination of advanced ancient technology and handcrafted living sculptures. The movie might have not been up to snuff, but I would sure like to visit some of the environments in it. They could even redo the subs to have those big glass bubble ports to give an even better view when that mechanical Leviathan thing attacks.

I can't wait to see what they come up with for the planned "wet for dry" effect - Additionally, the testing that was taking place last year apparently was for a big finale scene using exploding mines (as in the movie).

The "Nemo" theme is really a clever marketing side line from what I hear. The tie in with Tomorrowland is to promote safe awareness & the ecology of the sea. Initially, the tour would be to still take people for a journey through liquid space so to speak. The Nemo Characters don't get involved until about half way through the ride (or so I have heard). I believe they will be able to help provide more of an "Adventure" story line to a ride that is otherwise on par with Mark Twain or the Train.

I am quietly confident this ride is going to be DL's next "E" or at least I'm holding my breath. It's been a long time between drinks

• Circle of Ancients

It still amazes me with pretty much every Pixar movie having an attraction, or land that they are just letting Pixar go.

I mean, think about it:

Toy Story 1 & 2 (Buzz Lightyear now in 3 parks)
    Bugs Live (A Bugs Land, Tough to be a Bug)
    Monsters Inc (Monsters Inc ride in DCA)
    Finding Nemo (Subs)

Think about the possibilities for the Incredibles, and Cars (Autopia layover).

I still cannot fathom the insanity!!!

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    Well, I hope they do it right, but please NO NEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe they'll have the original ending on the ride where Nemo goes belly up and gives all the other fish ick.

• something else...

What says that the ride is going to go with the storyline of the movie? I have faith in the people at WDI still...why? I dont know...but I do. At what's so bad if it does go with it? You can start with the "kids" at school and have Nemo swim out and get picked up by the boat then have Marlin in different scenes with Dory. And give the ride an original ending (im not sure how you'd incorporate an underwater dentist's office...)

...i unno, those are just my crazy ramblings

woah, listening to the beatles and i just heard "Coo coo kachoo"
    what if they added a walrus...
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• now on the mainland

Pehaps WDI and TDA gave it the Nemo theme to appease Eisner, convincing him that it'll be a success. BUT, they know that the Subs won't be done till '07, and with Eisner on his way out next year ('06) they have a chance to scratch the Nemo theme and return it to a futuristic theme. Nonetheless the Subs are being financied, and WDI is working with them. Just remember, not everyone in Disney is a short-term thinker...others might be thinking past 2006. :devil: Just a hypotheisis.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CA_man_stuck_in_VA
    Pehaps WDI and TDA gave it the Nemo theme to appease Eisner, convincing him that it'll be a success. BUT, they know that the Subs won't be done till '07, and with Eisner on his way out next year ('06) they have a chance to scratch the Nemo theme and return it to a futuristic theme. Nonetheless the Subs are being financied, and WDI is working with them. Just remember, not everyone in Disney is a short-term thinker...others might be thinking past 2006. :devil: Just a hypotheisis.
    That's my hope too... sort of like a movie set, where they will eventually fi;m the star, but to get the lighting and camera placement correct, they use a stand-in. Hopefully, Nemo was just the stand-in to show what kinds of effects could be created, and now that the technical issues have been sufficiently sorted out and the money secured, the real show can replace Nemo.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    That's my hope too... sort of like a movie set, where they will eventually fi;m the star, but to get the lighting and camera placement correct, they use a stand-in. Hopefully, Nemo was just the stand-in to show what kinds of effects could be created, and now that the technical issues have been sufficiently sorted out and the money secured, the real show can replace Nemo.
    I hope that is correct. But that is highly doubtful since we have a bunch of bean counters running the company instead of people with imagination.

• Vehicle rotating backward

While I appreciate the thought of people trying to preserve the idea of Tomorrowland, can anyone please tell me how the original attraction was any more futuristic?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast