Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Minion

I am thinking that most of us have forgotten that te subs were origanally part of FL as well as the boat ride and autopia.

ill tell you what i haven't forgotten...all those poor souls that lost their high heels on the opening day of disneyland in the hot tar...and all the darn stray cats all over the park! their flippin lazy! gosh!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan
    I am thinking that most of us have forgotten that te subs were origanally part of FL as well as the boat ride and autopia.
    I am thinking that this statement is more incorrect than correct.

The first Autopia was a Tomorrowland attraction. Only later did other versions get created in Fantasyland.

Phantom Boats were a Tomorrowland attraction. MBC, on the other hand, was indeed in Fantasyland.

The Subs, Disneyland's first E ticket, was always a Tomorrowland attraction. To my knowledge, the Matterhorn is the only attraction to migrate between these two lands, when borders were shifted around 1971 to have it rest in Fantasyland instead of Tomorrowland. But, at this time, it is important to note that people consider the east queue for the Matterhorn the Tomorrowland side, and many consider the outward path of the Monorail to be an unofficial border for Tomorrowland 67, even though it includes MBC.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

This conceptual art does not look like the Tomorrow That Never Was Tomorrowland was INTENTIONALLY stale.
    Of course not! It looks pretty damn nice (I LOVE Space Mountain painted that way, what a gorgeous combination) but something happened int he execution, which probably has more to do with our own expectations then what was actually done. but I wish they had gone the "Space Port" route that WDWs TL has.

Gotta admit also, that the sparkly new paint job on TL with the metallic blues and whites looks really nice Like a futuristic update of the original TL.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    Of course not! It looks pretty damn nice (I LOVE Space Mountain painted that way, what a gorgeous combination) but something happened int he execution, which probably has more to do with our own expectations then what was actually done. but I wish they had gone the "Space Port" route that WDWs TL has.

Gotta admit also, that the sparkly new paint job on TL with the metallic blues and whites looks really nice Like a futuristic update of the original TL.

I think that was the problem as far as the look of TL; in the concepts, the paint looks metallic and shiny and I think that looked great and would have added a more futuristic feel. And even thought the hues ended up being what they were in the concepts, the whole place lacked that shine. It all looked so dull and earthy, IMO, much more old than new.

I for one, am SO happy that Space mountain is back to being white. I was thrilled to see that on my last trip a few weeks ago!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

This conceptual art does not look like the Tomorrow That Never Was Tomorrowland was INTENTIONALLY stale.

Sorry, but this Tomorrowland looks like it's INTENDED to be pretty darn good. It doesn't look INTENTIONALLY stale by any means.

See the colors in that first picture, while great in maybe Paris, just dont seem to fit into Disneyland and while it doesnt look stale it still looks pretty dumb more like "The Carnival that never was!". Tommorowland needs to look like a spaceport a continuation of the way it looked back in the 80s. The future is all about space travel (Space Mt., Star Tours), Scientific Exploration (Submarine Voyage), new modes of transportation (Monorail, Peoplemover), and fancy laser tag themed to Pixar movies.

Gemini Cricket, your avatar just reminded me of how much the relunctant dragon Disney character looks like the sea serpent at the end of the submarine voyage. BTW, the relunctant dragon prob has to be the most flaming homosexual cartoon character ever..... even beating out Big Gay Al on South Park.

Cris

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darthokeefe
    Found this at the "OLD" site. I know its not official but it probably is accurate this is great news!!!
    Forgive me for being naive...but, what is the "OLD" site?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    Gemini Cricket, your avatar just reminded me of how much the relunctant dragon Disney character looks like the sea serpent at the end of the submarine voyage. BTW, the relunctant dragon prob has to be the most flaming homosexual cartoon character ever..... even beating out Big Gay Al on South Park.

Cris
    Even more so than Krunk and that stallion horse on 'Home on the range'?

Forgive me for being naive...but, what is the "OLD" site?
    Mouseplanet. Al used to write his articles for them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    I cannot imagine a Nemo theme being attached to the subs lasting any memorable length of time, no return appeal except the very young.
    Where was the return appeal in the old subs?

Once you went on it the first time, you knew you were going to make it out alive.
    Same with any ride. Like on Indy, you go on it once, and you know the boulder isn't going to run you over (although I panicked until I was ten).

I still don't understand what's so terrible about a Nemo overlay. And please don't get going on "theme" issues.

Nemo was a good movie, and visually, it was spectacular. So why can't we just be optimistic for once..

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    So why can't we just be optimistic for once..
    Although it's been said many times, many ways... Disneyland is a themepark, so naturally people who enjoy the quality of each land's themes will critique the subs for their theme. And, as anyone who reads Kevin Yee has heard time and time again, there's a thing called "Immersion into Interesting Illusion." If you SUBscribe to that theory, and you don't find a Nemo ride the least bit interesting... what's to be optimistic about?

Before it closed, the Subs were a must-do attraction in my family, up there with ATIS, PotC and HM. Our Disney trip simply wasn't complete without these attractions. So, for me anyway, I am about as optimistic about the clown fish as I would be about Monsters, Inc in a permanent Haunted Mansion overlay. It flies in the face of everything I love about Disneyland.

I know that the loss of a pet would make me sad, even before it happens. And I know that someone trying to replace that pet with a bird (and I hate pet birds) would make me angry. No reason to be optimistic.

If other people have reason to be optimistic, more power to them, but if people have the right to be optimistic, they also have the right not to be.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I've said it once and I'll say it again: I don't care if they put in a Finding Nemo themed sub ride, just so long as they bring the darn things back!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456