Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Overdecorating the Castle...

I think the castle alone is just so beautiful, and just amazing with decorations...but come on there should be limits!

Every inch of Sleeping Beauty's Castle doesn't have to be draped in garlands and plastic string-y things!

That picture of the Monday in the Parks update of the side view of the castle is disturbing, reavealing just how much they are pushing it!

Why not just put the snow on, add the garlands over the drawbridge ONLY, forget plastic icicles, and call it a masterpiece???

Okay well everyone on this forum disagrees with almost everything i say so this should be interesting.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Overdecorating the Castle...

Its not necessarily that everyone disagrees with you, its just we are a diverse community of members, each with unique opinions and ideas, that they draw on based on personal life experiences and tastes.

Its the exchange of ideas between members, respecting the ideas of the various members that makes life and MiceChat interesting.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• =)

I think they desperately need to ditch the yucky icicles they're using and create some that look realistic. The problem for me isn't that they've decorated the castle too much - it's just that they only did part of it right.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Its not necessarily that everyone disagrees with you, its just we are a diverse community of members, each with unique opinions and ideas, that they draw on based on personal life experiences and tastes.

Its the exchange of ideas between members, respecting the ideas of the various members that makes life and MiceChat interesting.
    You act like you've never seen my threads.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    You act like you've never seen my threads.
    I don't remember your threads, but IMO the castle decorations this year are astonishingly cheap looking, gaudy and tasteless.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I think they desperately need to ditch the yucky icicles they're using and create some that look realistic. The problem for me isn't that they've decorated the castle too much - it's just that they only did part of it right.
    I agree. I think you were the one who mentioned the hollowed out icicles and all they have to do is put lights inside of them. That would look a lot better than those spiral "icicle" things.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I don't remember your threads, but IMO the castle decorations this year are astonishingly cheap looking, gaudy and tasteless.
    I totally agree. They should focus on one element of decoration instead of trying to cover the castle with everything they could think of.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    I think you were the one who mentioned the hollowed out icicles and all they have to do is put lights inside of them. That would look a lot better than those spiral "icicle" things.
    Yeah, that was my suggestion. I wouldn't be surprised if others have said the same - including at Disney. I really wonder why they didn't opt for this choice, which seems pretty obvious, and I doubt it'd be much more expensive. Perhaps there were issues with the heat of the lights melting the plastic or something. But that seems like it'd be a fairly simple issue to resolve, at least for those who specialize in such things.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic about future years. This year they covered the back and sides...maybe next year they'll fix the icicles.

• AP holder 400 miles away

the only thing i dont like is the icicles this year

• Minion

Apparently you don't understand the guiding principle of Disney:

Only too much is enough.

Generally applicable to all areas: presentation, prices ...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

mmmm well yeah it is over decorated but its just sooooo pretty....I like it just the way it is at night :-)

I love the castle also. But I AGREE. Probably only the "roof" and "turrets" should have the LED effects under the snow.

I mean it's a very small castle, why through so much ruffles in it?
    A friend told me since the first time he saw it last year on the "winter version" he didn't like it.
    As a disney fan I was defending it and said NO!! BUT IT LOOKS NICE BLA BLA... and you know what? yeah I admit it also, it's way to much.

That castle can be decorated soooooo much better , even a little less bright, more "frozen-blueish" effect. Not so much LED's , and if it's going to be on all-night and having just 2 lighting acts, hey! make the castle do something once in a while, like the LED'S in the princess floats in Fantasmic now those are cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I think the castle alone is just so beautiful, and just amazing with decorations...but come on there should be limits!

Every inch of Sleeping Beauty's Castle doesn't have to be draped in garlands and plastic string-y things!

That picture of the Monday in the Parks update of the side view of the castle is disturbing, reavealing just how much they are pushing it!

Why not just put the snow on, add the garlands over the drawbridge ONLY, forget plastic icicles, and call it a masterpiece???

Okay well everyone on this forum disagrees with almost everything i say so this should be interesting.

• Future Indy Castmember

The Castle looks fine to me. I personally think that as long it looks like icicles then so be it. I just mentally pictured the castle with realistic Icicles and I thought that it won't look good. And plus they would have to make sure it's safe for the fireworks due to some pyro that goes off from the castle itself.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• When Will It Return?

Well if you think there's too much decorating, check the back side of the castle. Apparently once again, the freak snowstorm only caught the front half of the castle.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

They have in the past, purposely forgotten to decorate the backs of castles. I remember the pink castle cake at Magic Kingdom was only decorated in the front.

I remember when I first saw the castle at Magic Kingdom after they decorated it for the, all parks celebration, of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. I thought it looked really great when I saw it in photos. However, when I saw it in person, I didn't like it much. I did think it was gawdy.

However, I compare castle decorating to the decorating of our own homes, and our own Christmas trees. We all do it different, and we all have different ideas of just how much is enough.

I am looking forward to seeing Sleeping Beauty Castle, all decorated up for Christmas. In 8 days, I will be snapping away, with my camera, and taking a lot of pictures.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast