Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Cal Poly DL Lover

Re: It's Gonna Be A Long One! Our Trip Report Nov. 9-23, 2008

Sounds like a good time so far. And so detailed day-by-day.
    I'm still hooked!

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great TR! Thanks for sharing!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Animation Domination

Great TR you guys probably did everything in the resort. Like I said before I almost did every ride at Disneyland in one day all I needed was 6 attractions.

I can't wait to see more photos.

• Animation Domination

Most of my trips on Splash I take the front. I don't care if I get soak.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Mariezp- Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful shots with us. Your shots of the smoke from the fires were eery. It must have been a strange day to be in Disneyland.

• 1375 miles away

November 16, 2008

Our traveling companions are leaving today. Don got up early to have breakfast with an old friend he knew from long ago who lives here in California. I got woke up when he called this morning to ask Alex if she wanted to go to church and said he would be back to pick her up. I am ashamed to admit that we tend to skip going to church while we are on vacation. It is just so much harder to get up and at em early when you are somewhere besides home. (not that we do that great at home) Don apparently hasnít got any problem waking up early. He has been up every morning at about 5 am. Guess he is still stuck on Texas time. Poor guy has been leaving the room every morning (and slamming the door) and wasting time down in the lobby while DH sleeps. (The girls are all bunking in one room and the guys in the other. I cannot sleep with DH on vacation because he snores like a bear. Then I lose sleep and weíre all miserable!)

Anyway, having company on our trip has been fun but honestly I will be glad when it is just the four of us so we can get back in our groove. I am pretty sure they will be glad to get out of here too! While they seem to have enjoyed the time here, I donít think they are in any danger of becoming Disney nuts like we are. My DD will sure miss Savannah but she will get over it pretty quickly. Weíll just have to see how DS takes the separation from Alex. Iím not expecting it to be good. He is such a fine young man. He would love for them to be more than friends but I overheard her dad telling his friend on the phone that Alex had told him in the beginning that all they are is friends and that they really do not have much in common, which is true. I just donít think he sees it that way. (Yaíll feel free to send up a prayer for him that the RIGHT girl comes along. Iím pretty sure she is not the one.) Anyway, after they leave, it should be a slight relief for him, though I doubt he will admit it, because he will be able to relax and be himself instead of trying to impress someone the entire time. I know he should at least be glad about taking over Donís bed and not having to sleep on the fold out couch and not being woke up every morning by the slam of the door.

This morning started out very crazy! I was sitting up taking down notes about our trip when DH finally woke up and asked me where DS was. Well, I thought he had moved into the bedroom or went down stairs but it never entered my mind that he was no where in the room! DH went into a full blown panic to the point of making himself physically sick. Me, being the more logical and calmer of the two of us, began rationalizing what had happened and where he could be. This is what I came up with. He is much too big for someone to drag out the door and no one hear anything. He has never done anything like this before so he must be down stairs at the convenience store or must have went to church with the Thibeauxs. I have to admit I did have a slight panic thinking of us being so far from home and him gone. Savannah had stayed a the hotel with us so eventually she got a call through to Alex and confirmed that he was with them.

A short time passed and in came the Thibeauxs with DS in tow. I calmly said to DS ďYou do know you are in some big trouble, donít you?Ē to which he responded, while he hung his head low, ďYeah, I know, Iím dead meat! I donít know what came over me. Alex came in and I got up, followed her down stairs and the next thing I know I was getting in a car.Ē He obviously had not been very awake and things happened pretty fast. He did say he had tried to call but without his phone he had dialed the wrong number and did not end up reaching us. I didnít see how I could be mad at him for going to church. Besides that I figured he was gonna really catch it from dad so I said no more. I guess this was just a reminder to me that even my level headed child may lose him good common sense when a pretty face comes along. UGH! I did ask him later if DH had talked to him and he said ďOh Yeah!Ē Anyway, enough of the family drama. Now on with the report!

Now, where were we?Ö.oh yeah, they were leaving this morning and their flight was scheduled to leave at 1:30pm so it looked like a whirlwind was sweeping through our room. They apparently do a lot of last minute packing because when they left they had done a thorough job of gathering all their stuff which was no easy chore. I had been living with a pair of messy teenagers for a week and their stuff had been scattered everywhere! We got in lots of hugs and said our farewells and they were on their way and we were left with just the four of us and a second week all to ourselves at Disneyland. Emma will be verbally grieving her lose for the next week but DS will be stoically hiding how much he misses them. He did voice it once and that will probably be the only time he mentions it. MeÖ. well, it was good while they were here but I am thinking now it is gonna be even better!

Since it was so close to lunch time and we had not even made it to the park I decided it would be a perfect time for us to try out Bubba Gump. I had an idea of how to get to the restaurant but decided to stop in at the front desk just to be sure. I was glad I did because the desk clerk gave me a coupon for a free appetizer! SoÖ off we went! The day was starting out to be a really hot one so we were very thankful that the walk was fairly short and glad to get back into the air conditioning. The dťcor in this place is really fun if you are a fan of the movie. Heck, itís a fun place even if you arenít, you just miss out on some of the inside jokes.

Our waiter was great! He gave us a Forest Gump quiz to which the family only missed 2 answers. Then he brought out our drinks and our free appetizer, the Bubbaís Far Out Dip, which was some pretty good stuff. We didnít have to wait long for our food to arrive. I had the fried shrimp, DH and DS had the ďIím Stuffed ShrimpĒ and DD had the Fish n Chips which came out in this nifty little cardboard boat that she was able to take home.

We all thought the food was very good. Another of the waiters noticed DSís shirt and came over to talk Jiu-Jitsu with him so the deal was sealed. DS was even able to have some fun and give us his Forrest Gump impression. It was decided unanimously to add Bubba Gumpís to our annual must-do-list.

As we headed back to the park, we saw that the skies had filled with smoke again and it was so hot that we decided to stop in at the movie and go to the park later when it cooled for the evening. We strolled through the Garden Walk which some how doesnít seem to live up to the name. Not as much garden as I would imagine.

I hope for the mallís sake that their business picks up. I bet we didnít see 2 dozen people in the whole complex. We checked the theater but no movies were about to start so we headed back to our room, dropped off the boat and called to check the theater schedule in DTD. As luck would have it, we had enough time for a 15 minute break until the next showing of Madagascar 2, AGAIN. Can you tell we really liked this movie?

After the movie we hopped on the monorail and headed into the park. From there we hopped on the train and headed to the NOS station and went our separate ways. The guys headed to Splash while DD and I headed to Pirates again! I have really been enjoying being able to study all the different character faces. Afterwards we were going to hop back on the train and head to Toontown but along the way DD asked to have her portrait done. Since it was on my to-do-list I couldnít resist. It was really amazing to watch the drawing turn into my DD. Our artist was Gil. He is a wonderful artist who has been doing portraits at DL for 2 years. He just came from Korea 4 years ago. DD did a great job of sitting still for him. He even drew the little kitty she had been carrying around with her.

Here's a shot I took the next morning of them side by side. What do you think? Not bad, huh?

When our portrait was complete I checked with the guys and they just happened to be heading back to the room so we met them and let them carry the picture back to the room for me.

DD decided we might as well do HM since we were already there. I think she is finally catching on that itís better to save yourself a few steps rather than picking a ride that is totally on the opposite side of the park. After another ride with Jack and Sally, we took the train to Toontown.

Roger Rabbit was still closed so we headed to Mickeyís house. We caught him in a different costume and he was also in a much different mood than last time, not nearly so friendly. He must have had a long day.

From there I took DD and she played around in Chip n Daleís house and we wandered the streets while I played around with my camera getting some night shots in Toontown.

We took a ride on Storybookland and then Alice.

Then we headed back to our room. On the way out I snapped some shots from some of the displays in the windows on Main Street. They are always so pretty!

I grabbed DH and I some nachos from Denneyís to share. They are surprisingly good. DS and DD had their usual burger and chicken nuggets. We then made an attempt to watch Prince Caspian but the darn movie box was still not fixed. It didnít make to much difference to me and DD because we both fell asleep anyway.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Really nice pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post and explain a lot of them.

• 1375 miles away

It's been a pleasure, Aashee. Thanks for reading along.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Thanks for sharing! This is fun!

• HauntedOne999

Re: It's Gonna Be A Long One! Our Trip Report Nov. 9-23, 2008 Updated 12/07!

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    Did Mrs. Potts used to be upstairs on a table? The table was gone. Mrs. Potts is now located by the pots and pans on the lower level.

I've never noticed this before.

Mrs. Potts and Chip have always been in the interactive area... the table you are talking about had a kettle and some plates on it... the tables was removed due to the fact of parents letting small children walkthru the treehouse by themselves and the children climbing ontop of the table - making it easy to fall out of the treehouse

as for the second picture that is the Yell-ophone... when it worked you used to able to talk to animals thru it a la' Tarzan's yell
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Curiouser

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Great pics!

• 1375 miles away

Thanks to all for the kind comments and reading along.

Alpoe001, thanks for sharing your knowledge. Moving the table does make sense because of the possibility of lawsuits since there are a lot of folks who don't seem to pay close attention to their little ones but DD and I will certainly miss sitting down for a spot of tea.
    Thanks for the info on the Yell-ophone. I had never seen it or the tricycle before.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

• Bucket List Car

Your trip report is really interesting. Love all the photos. Keep it up!!!

• 1375 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    Your trip report is really interesting. Love all the photos. Keep it up!!!
    Thanks, xalesa! You are in luck... I am going to post an update right now!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

• 1375 miles away

I hope you all are ready for lots of pictures! Since we don't have so many people to keep up with now I was able to take my time taking more pictures... and I do mean more pictures!

November 17, 2008

Drats! DD woke up this morning with a slightly sore throat. I am hoping it doesnít turn into anything really bad. So I thought since itís just our little family now that we would probably be getting to the park earlierÖ.WRONG! I guess we have gotten used to not getting up early now!

We made it into the park at about 11:00. Glanced at the wait board and the longest time posted was 20 minutes for Peter Pan. Oh yeah! Looking like a nice quiet day in the park. Also the skies were much clearer from the fires. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day. Since the park wasnít very crowded we thought it would be a great time to check out the new Pixie Hollow. We were lucky and ended up only having about a 20 minute wait.

I took a few photos with my fisheye camera.

They did a very nice job with the fairy area. It was very cute. The first fairies we came to were Fawn and Silvermist, who just happens to be DDís favorite.

They really went all out to give some quality interaction. Bet you didnít know that Fawn can speak dog! After a good visit and some pictures we moved along the path to meet Tinkerbelle. She was a really good one. So cute!

We spotted this chracter in front of the castle looking like he was making a quick get away.

From there we made our way over to Alice, of course, snapping pictures along the way.

Next we rode the teacups.

DD's throat was bothering her so we stopped off at the first aid station to see if they might have a cough drop. Sure enough, they did and even gave me some Tylenol to give her. The man at the counter was extremely friendly and helpful. I will be sure to go back if we ever need anything.

We had PS for Carnation Cafť so we headed there to meet up with the guys. We were seated and while we were looking at the menu Oscar was making his rounds at the tables. We spoke to him last year but this time I actually remembered to have DH take a picture!

We also got his autograph and had a nice chat with him. He is such a nice man! He asked if we were coming back and we said probably not this trip but that we did have ressies for Blue Bayou. His response was ďBAH! Whatís Blue Bayou got?Ē So we had a good laugh. Truthfully, we enjoyed his company even better than the meal. The food is okay but I think we all agreed that there are other places we would rather eat in the park so itís off next yearís list to make room for something else. I had the Ĺ turkey sandwich and loaded baked potato soup. Both were fine but nothing really overly impressive. We also decided to split a Matterhorn. The guys didnít care for the strawberry ice cream so I worked on that side but when I accidentally moved the bowl DH got snippy so I lost my appetite and we ended up leaving most of it on the table. Not one of my happiest DL memories. So, sharing an ice cream is definitely NOT on my to-do-list ever again!

Next up we Rode both Pirates and the HM with the guys before they took off back to the room for a rest. After they left, DD spent a good amount of time watching the ducks at the ROA while I, you guessed it, snapped more pictures.

Then we headed to Fantasyland, cutting through Frontierland. Who should we see along the way but one of our favorite entertainers so we had to stop and listen. He is so funny and boy can he play that fiddle!

We grabbed DD an ice cream to sooth her throat and jumped in line for Dumbo.

We decided since the line was so short to go ahead and ride twice in a row which was good because as we were standing in line I noticed DDís little puppy sitting on a CMís shoulder.

DD had left him behind in our ride vehicle. The CM said she had a feeling someone would be back for the puppy. I was just glad we hadnít wandered off on several other rides and then noticed she was missing. DD would have went into a dramatic frenzy! We had started a CM autograph quest. The object was to get autographs from CMs with Disney character names. On the way out of Dumbo we were able to get Jazmineís autograph.

We headed out of Fantasyland and headed to Tomorrowland. Stopped off so DD could take a spin around in a shiny red motorcar.

Next, we rode on Buzz Lightyear.

I like their Saturn lights!

We thought about heading back in to our room but said NAH! The crowds were so light it seemed such a waste to leave. It was almost 4:00 anyway and the weather had cooled down so we just decided to stay and not take our usual break. CA would be closing at 6:00 so we decided to go over there and ride TSMM. We took in some scenery on the way out of DL.

I've seen better smiles. Maybe her lips are getting numb from smiling for the camera so much?

I took even more photos once inside CA.

When we got to TSMM, the wait was about 20 minutes. We're cool but my score is going downhill! Only 91,400 this time.

Next we rode King Tritonís. I love this carousel because all the sea creatures are so pretty and bright!

Then we headed into Bugsland. We took a leisurely stroll around the area and took some silly photos of DD posing like the bugs. It was kinda dusky so sorry the lighting is off.

This one is extra tricky when you don't have the extra legs!

We rode Heimlich, which is my favorite in Bugsland and the Lady Bug Boogie, which I think we both decided we would skip next time. YUK!

Next we headed to the Animation Studio. DD got to talk to Crush and they had a nice conversation about the currents and compared them to highways. She was very pleased with herself. We wandered over to see the Zoetroppe which we had never seen before. Very cool. We headed over to Monsters Inc.

We came out just in time to catch the last showing of the Muppets. We were the only ones in the theater.

On the way out we stopped in the candy store so I could pick up a caramel apple. We ended up leaving with the caramel apple, a white chocolate snowman apple and some truffles for the guys. The CM who waited on us was named Eric so we had to ask for his autograph. He thought I was kidding at first but then he realized I was seriously wanted his autograph. I think he thought we were a little nutty! Oh well.

From there we headed in for the night.

We tried to watch Hancock while we ate but AGAIN it still would not play. DD fell asleep immediately after she ate and I drifted off somewhere in the middle of the Journey to the Center of the Earth.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast