Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Ever meet a random friend at Disneyland?

Okay, you're visiting Disneyland from out of state or not from the local area. You randomly run into someone you know.

How often has this happened to you?

On a recent trip, we ran into some workmates of my husbands who we didn't know would be at Disneyland. We actually walked right into them in Frontierland and then literally sat down behind them in DCA.

Years ago on a trip to Disneyland Paris we ran into a school friend of my middle son's (he was about 8 at the time). He actually runs into people he knows all the time, wherever we go - so that one probably doesn't count.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Yearning for Disneyland

Re: Ever meet a random friend at Disneyland?

Yeah, it happened on my last trip in May. We were just about to go into PotC via the handicapped entrance (Grandma was in a wheelchair) and we ran into a girl from my church that I hadn't seen in YEARS.

I mean, what can you expect from a park that has a major attraction centered around "It's a Small World"?

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• =)

Earlier this year, I saw some friends in the park who'd apparently decided to go the same day my group did. It was pretty weird. On another occasion, I saw a teacher I recognized from northern California.

• Off to Neverland

My friend ran into our math teacher (that failed her) at the airport in Hawaii!!!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post

My friend ran into our math teacher (that failed her) at the airport in Hawaii!!!

Haha, I ran into my grandpa's neighbor at the Hawaii swampmeet. We both lived in LA at the time.

As for Disneyland, I think I've seen about 4 or 5 people I know from different areas of CA.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Far too curious

I've had random people from the internet see me at Disneyland. Some of them are my friends now! XD

One time, over the summer, I walked passed an old friend from high school, but he didn't see me, so I didn't say anything to him. A month or so later, I saw him there again. At first I was confused...then, after a while, I joined MiceChat and saw a picture of him in someone's trip report with the name "Light Mouse" on it >.<

• Banned User

I saw our very own Fishbulb in the loading area for Splash Mountain one time, and I saw a few elementary school friends walking through Frontierland together as well.

• Hello

Cool Re: Ever meet a random friend at Disneyland?

Well I'm not out of state but, we ran into my brother's 4th grade teacher once by the Matterhorn.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

This just happened last may, actually...ran into a friend of mine from high school, 7 years ago and I had last seen this guy a good four years back. Much fun was had indeed with him and his girlfriend.

• Walt Disney Fan

Last time we went we were at DCA by Mullohand Madness and we ran into my Mom's best friend from high school.

When we were at WDW two summers ago I ran into one of my baseball teamates in Dinoland at Animal Kingdom in one of those knock of stores they created it was so ironic

we rode a couple rides it was a blast go away from the family for just a bit
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• I'm from Canada eh!

This wasn't random, but still really cool for my son. We are from Calgary and made arangments to meet the family of my son's best friend while they were also vacationing at DL. The boys were really happy to see each other while being so far away from home.

• always, the freaky cat

I ran into a youth who I counseled at camp in northern California, just outside of the Pinnochio ride. Had no idea he was going to be at Disneyland, though I did remember that he was now a student at Chapman University a few miles away (the same school I went to). Go Panthers!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    One time, over the summer, I walked passed an old friend from high school, but he didn't see me, so I didn't say anything to him. A month or so later, I saw him there again. At first I was confused...then, after a while, I joined MiceChat and saw a picture of him in someone's trip report with the name "Light Mouse" on it >.<
    *feels special* \o/ Thanks for the ending emoticon btw. It's strange because now it seems whenever I go I see you. One day when I wasn't even aware of the Hatter crew I saw you in the parks twice. wtf moments were had.

I've seen a two exes at the parks and two coworkers (one is an ex cm) as well. Other than that most of my "random friends" at the parks are MCers and I expect to see them there.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

This happens almost every single time I go to Disneyland. I ran into BurtGummer's mom (when I worked at Starbuck's she was a regular at my store, so I've known his mom longer than him!), I've ran into many high school friends. People I haven't seen in years work there or I just randomly say hello. And, of course, I run into MCers a lot. Darkbeer is in the lead with 4 times running into him on a non-Sunday.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I met a CM (a guest had just made her cry.. terrible!) who was best friends with one of my friends from highschool. We also met these two guys in the park (who were from Northern CA, like me and my sister) who used to date the CM. It was an odd triangle.. no wait, square!

Awesome memories, though!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-04-2008, 01:23 PM