Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No fireworks on 12/3

Does anyone know why there were no fireworks last night? With it being the holiday season I would have expected fireworks. Instead, there were three "snowfalls" at the castle. And is this a normal occurance on Wednesdays?

• Banned User

Re: No fireworks on 12/3

Quote Originally Posted by disneydodgerbum View Post
    Does anyone know why there were no fireworks last night? With it being the holiday season I would have expected fireworks. Instead, there were three "snowfalls" at the castle. And is this a normal occurance on Wednesdays?
    They were probably canceled due to high winds.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

We went to DL today, on the paper schedule available at the gates, it lists fireworks times for Mon, Tue, and Thur at 7:45 pm. No times were listed for Wed.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    We went to DL today, on the paper schedule available at the gates, it lists fireworks times for Mon, Tue, and Thur at 7:45 pm. No times were listed for Wed.
    That's really weird.

• no flash photography...

I was there on 12/03/08 and there were no fireworks listed on the weekly time guide.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Maybe they are cutting back -- the fireworks are very expensive. I heard it costs Disney literally 10s of thousands of dollars per show.

Disney if you are reading this if you go back to fireworks only in the summer it will save you guys a bundle...

and make a lot of people angry in the process
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Senior Minion

I didn't they had fireworks during the week most of the year, just summer and holidays.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    and make a lot of people angry in the process

Actually, I was in City Hall at about 8:30pm last night, and there were people in there complaining about the snowfalls at the Castle!!! I couldn't believe it, and I could tell the CM at the City Hall desk couldn't believe what he was hearing either. One lady was somehow really ticked off that the snowfalls were not listed on the entertainment guide, and that a CM doing guest control had said the 5:30 snow show was the first and last one of the night, only to see one happen as late as 7:45pm. She felt like she had totally been misled, and the City Hall CM explained that the 7:45pm snow show was a 'surprise' to both guests & CMs, but the lady wanted to complain anyway. The CM gave her the address to Guest Communications, but noted that she's basically complaining that the park gave its guests and CMs an unlisted 'surprise' that they didn't need to give. Amazing.

Anyway, whenever there's an 8pm closing, I don't expect fireworks. To me, it's more unusual that they are scheduled anytime there's an 8pm closing. Having 8pm closings Mon-Thurs but having fireworks every night but Wednesday seems weird but it's not something I'd scream bloody murder about.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• no flash photography...

I was not upset there were no fireworks last night. i enjoyed the last snowfall and castle/tree lighting. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Actually, I was in City Hall at about 8:30pm last night, and there were people in there complaining about the snowfalls at the Castle!!! I couldn't believe it, and I could tell the CM at the City Hall desk couldn't believe what he was hearing either. One lady was somehow really ticked off that the snowfalls were not listed on the entertainment guide, and that a CM doing guest control had said the 5:30 snow show was the first and last one of the night, only to see one happen as late as 7:45pm. She felt like she had totally been misled, and the City Hall CM explained that the 7:45pm snow show was a 'surprise' to both guests & CMs, but the lady wanted to complain anyway. The CM gave her the address to Guest Communications, but noted that she's basically complaining that the park gave its guests and CMs an unlisted 'surprise' that they didn't need to give. Amazing.

Anyway, whenever there's an 8pm closing, I don't expect fireworks. To me, it's more unusual that they are scheduled anytime there's an 8pm closing. Having 8pm closings Mon-Thurs but having fireworks every night but Wednesday seems weird but it's not something I'd scream bloody murder about.
    unfortunately you cannot please everyone, but as long as you can at least try to please the majority of people then Id say yuor doing your job right
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Banned User

i saw fireworks listed monday, tuesday, then it skiped to thursday until sunday. Eh, mid-week, they probably did that for money saving reasons

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post

"It's unfair Disneyland threw a surprise! I was not informed! Give me something!"

really? Isn't Disneyland partly supposed to be full of magical surprises? Plus, I don't think the holiday peak season is in a full complete swing just yet. The crowds will be coming. I mean, it's finals week in a lot of schools...

It's good they compensated(sp?) with a snow and light show. I agree, having fireworks scheduled with an 8pm closing is odd. I wonder how people felt when Disneyland used to close, what, 2 days of the week in the 70s/80s?? Would they go so far as to punch a moose?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Fireworks were never scheduled for this Wednesday. There was an event going on as well as Candlelight load-in.

• Cast Member

It feels like the kind of guest or *gasp* AP that just isn't satisfied no matter what you do.

I get to see and sometimes occasionally talk to guests in my duties that are like that.

I just simply ask in my mind, "why do you still come to Disneyland if you are going to complain like that?"

That's the kind of guest nobody wants.

You REALLY can't please all of the people all of the time.

For the rest of the lot, glad you enjoy what Disneyland is even as it's price increases more and more. Because, believe me, that money doesn't go the cast members you see and interact with.

Bye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast