• always, the freaky cat

Holiday Visits--Nov 30 & Dec 4

We arrived in the afternoon on Nov. 30 via Monorail Blue, our first trip on one of the new monorails. Below us, some Nutcrackers weren't sure which way they should be going...

Then we hopped on Finding Nemo submarine voyage. My kids like to dance to the music at the end of the ride.

We went through Innoventions, where we got to see Asimo for the first time. Upon exiting Innoventions, we noticed it had become dark, and Jupiter, Venus, and the moon were shining down on Space Mtn. (I started a separate thread about this)

Then we tried to see the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. The line stretched out in front of the castle. I took a picture from where the line ended before we decided that we didn't want to wait 45 minutes.

We returned on Dec. 4, after the kids got out of school. After riding Space Mtn. and Buzz, we headed over to Indiana Jones. However, the vehicles stopped, and for over a half hour, we sat there with a view of the still-rolling boulder...

I thought that, perhaps, as we sat there waiting (and waiting) that the cast members could have at least brought us all free churros. Instead, we received readmission passes. We headed over to Small World. Due to a tour group that was waiting to ride, we ended up waiting just as long as we would have if we had gotten in the regular line. They took our readmission pass anyway. (I really would have rather had a churro.)

I had kind of hoped to visit the castle on this trip, but it was closed. Since we didn't arrive until late afternoon, I don't know if it was closed 'cause they were working on it, or if it was closed in preparation for the fireworks. I had also hoped to head over to DCA to solve my Muppet clues, but we never made it, which means I'll just have to go back before Dec. 16. We ended the night with the fireworks, which were presented at 7:45pm.

• Cherry Tart

Re: Holiday Visits--Nov 30 & Dec 4

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post

I thought that, perhaps, as we sat there waiting (and waiting) that the cast members could have at least brought us all free churros.
    Ahh, only in a perfect world my friend. Only in a perfect world.

Great photo, I love that you can see the lights in the back! The one time I was stuck on Indy when it broke down, we were right at the beginning.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Hmm... I think it would be pretty cool to get stuck in front of the rolling boulder. I've gotten stuck on a few rides and looked at nuttin' for 20 minutes.

• =)

Thanks for the boulder pic especially! Another one to add to my reference collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Then we tried to see the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. The line stretched out in front of the castle. I took a picture from where the line ended before we decided that we didn't want to wait 45 minutes.
    Wow, I just walked right in during the afternoon on that same day. I didn't make note of the time, but the park began to fill up very rapidly at some point after being surprisingly deserted all morning.

Thanks for all the great pics!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Banned User

GREAT report! I like the Indy pic!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Ahh, only in a perfect world my friend. Only in a perfect world.

Great photo, I love that you can see the lights in the back! The one time I was stuck on Indy when it broke down, we were right at the beginning.
    I got evac'd off of Indy when I was younger. It was near the bridge. The lights came on and little Kritter decided to take his seatbelt off. That when I started clutching onto my dad for dear life because I didn't want the ride to start back up and fall into the lava.

• always, the freaky cat

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I got evac'd off of Indy when I was younger. It was near the bridge. The lights came on and little Kritter decided to take his seatbelt off. That when I started clutching onto my dad for dear life because I didn't want the ride to start back up and fall into the lava.
    How did you take your seatbelt off without it being released by a cast member? Ours were locked, which was probably a good thing. One of my companions was getting very impatient, and I'm sure if he could have taken his seat belt off, he would have, and walked right out by himself.