Visiting Dec. 11-14

We will be visting DL next week beginning on Thursday and have a couple of questions.

First off we have the Costco Annual Pass certficates. We need to get this exchanged at the ticket booths and then processed at the Bank of Main Street, correct? Is this process going to take very long? What time do the ticket booths open (the park is open at 9:00am)?

How are the lines for Nemo and Toy Story?

This is our first visit during the Holidays. Anything special we might miss if we didn't know about it?
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Visiting Dec. 11-14

Nemo isn't usually too crowded when the park first opens or towards closing.

I love going during the holidays, everything is spectacular, I say that you should make sure to just take in the scenery.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 12-05-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• always, the freaky cat

On a weekday, you'll probably have about a half hour wait for either Nemo or Toy Story. It may be a little more at certain times, especially on the weekend. It will certainly be less when the park first opens.

Most of the special holiday stuff I'm sure you already know about. Some of the shops on Main Street and elsewhere have seasonal treats which are quite yummy. Make sure you go by Small World after dark.

I was there last week and my wait on a Monday around 10:30 for Toy Story Midway Mania was about 20 min both times we rode it.

Additionally we were able to get on Peter Pan which can become a long line come mid afternoon in about 15 min at about 9:30 am.

As far as Nemo, we got on in about 20 min last saturday morning about 9:20.
    If you liked the above posting then my name is Joel. If you didnt my name is Julie and I work on the monorail.

I'm not sure but I think you'll be able to take your tickets up to the entrance and then get them done @ the Bank.

TSMM and FNSV are doing pretty good right now in terms of wait times. 30-45 minutes if you hit 'em right.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Nice, thanks for all the replies!
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

And don't forget the weekly Mice Chat meet at Noon on Sunday at the Hub!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dl_appurtenant View Post
    I'm not sure but I think you'll be able to take your tickets up to the entrance and then get them done @ the Bank.

TSMM and FNSV are doing pretty good right now in terms of wait times. 30-45 minutes if you hit 'em right.
    Actually I think I've read on here somewhere else that the ones purchased from Costco you actually DO have to take them to the ticket booth first to exchange them. All other tickets purchased in advanced from either online or at the grocery stores can be used directly at the turnstiles.

I don't really pay attention to lines at the ticket booths since I have a pass, but I think a lot of people now days buy their tickets in advance so the lines might not be to bad. Still, they may not have that many of them open during the middle of the week, so I would go ahead and get to the park early, as much as an hour or so before they open.

If it doesn't take much time to process your tickets, you can spend the time in the esplanade, soaking up the atmosphere and using it has a photo op time for pics in front of the California letters in front of DCA. Remember.... they won't be there forever, get pics now!

When you go through the turnstile, be sure to pick up one of the flyers that has the times of the parades and shows throughout the day. You can pick out what you want to make sure you don't miss. Be sure and watch the castle lighting, I'd try to get the early show on that. Pictures are nice but being there and seeing it in person.... amazing.

Most of all just relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the season. You'll have several days to take it all in, so even if there are some crowds or some things break down off and on you'll still be able to enjoy the wonders of the season in the park.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Waxing Nostalgic

I have some information about the Costco annual passes as I renewed one that way. You have to go to the ticket booths; the certificate from Costco is not an admission ticket.

If you already have an annual pass that has now expired, you can bring that with you and they can just transfer all the information (including the picture) and give you a new AP and the gift card at the ticket booth; you can bypass the Bank at Main Street.

If this is your first annual pass, then you have to go to the ticket booths first, they will give you the admission ticket/AP voucher and the gift card, and then you'll have to go to the Bank at Main street to get your picture taken and finish the rest of the processing.