Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lightbulb Princess Fantasy Fair is the question

I miss the days where I'd see Cinderella and the other girls out infront of the castle. I would prefer to have them do away with the entire idea. I look at is as another que line for people to wait in.

How do you feel about PFF?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Princess Fantasy Fair is the question

I think it's great, when the princesses were in front of the castle - it just blocked the flow of 'traffic'.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Sock Puppet

I remember when I was around 7 or 8 years old and watching the Snow White Waterfall and out of no where Snow White was there chating it up with me. The time we spoke for felt like an eternity, but it was the perfect setting.

Now it feels very rushed; nothings more upseting than seeing Snow White yawn waiting for the next family to enter the PFF. Even worse the yawn traveled to Auora.

Yeah, I miss the time when they were free-range princesses, before they were banished to Princess Hell--life just isn't Faire.

• =)

I don't have any personal connection to the characters, so I'm not bothered at all by the princesses not being present in the rest of the park, but what does bother me is the amount of space the Fantasyland Theater occupies - that could be put to better use, IMO.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Oy, the faire! I too love my characters free-range (wow, that sounds weird!). It lends a lot to spontaneity and you don't feel like your hustled from station to station (the one time I went to PFF I felt rushed.. which is weird cause i sat in line for 20 some minutes). I miss seeing the princesses near the gate playing duck duck goose w/ Cruella & Aladdin (seriously, one of my fav memories ever (I need to find that tape))
    I've been seeing more princesses breaking free lately, but it's very rare. I mean PFF is here to stay considering how much money it brings in, but it's just lame.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

My reply is similar to that of Data...totally not interested in the princesses, but the space could be much better used. I supposed one could say, meeting them in more kind of natural settings like about the castle or Fantasyland would be more "magical"....but I just think they could do a lot with the stage area and seating that just sits there.

• Following the Second Star

I just hope they don't lock up anyone else. Merlin is locked up in a cage backstage until June, and I don't want anyone else to get locked up as well

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

I thought it was kinda silly when they started it, but when I actually did it with a friend who was awesome enough to keep me company, and I loved it! Aurora and I chatted it up, talked about bracelets and princes and the like for what seemed hours. I think that was one of the best experiences I've ever had with a character too. Not like any of my character encounters have been bad anyways .

p.s. She wants to be Superstar Barbie
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

• I'm not really here

I prefer the Princesses out in the actual land. Characters can, and do, add life and realism to a land. They give it that "there are people living here" feeling.

The Princesses only caused traffic jams when they put multiple out at the same time and handlers failed to control the crowd initially. If Princesses were put out 1 in front and 1 in the courtyard and handlers quickly made sure a concise line formed (not impossible as Cptn Sparrow's handlers frequently had to do this), traffic jams would be kept to a minimum.

Besides, the Fantasyland Theater is a gigantic waste of valuable real estate. There is room enough there for 2 good sized C/D ticket attractions. One for Frontierland and one for Fantasyland.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

My experience with the princesses back from my last trip to the land in June of this year, i met Cinderella over at DCA (Near the theater where Aladdin is held), and Aurora, Belle and Snow white were at the disneyland entrance (before you go under the railroad into main street) at the same time, though i did not get to meet Aurora since i think they said they need to go back to the faire or to a parade or something. No traffic problems with the crowds, but i think the park was not busy at that time.

but hearing they were "Banished" to PFF is kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I prefer the Princesses out in the actual land. Characters can, and do, add life and realism to a land. They give it that "there are people living here" feeling.
    Yeah, I just like to see them randomly every so often for those reasons. While organized meet & greet functions make it easier for people to get what they want, more or less confining certain characters to a single out-of-the-way location all day long is a shame.

Besides, the Fantasyland Theater is a gigantic waste of valuable real estate. There is room enough there for 2 good sized C/D ticket attractions. One for Frontierland and one for Fantasyland.
    I've long had my eye on that real estate for all of the possibilities that it offers, but on second thought, isn't Disneyland a big enough park to maintain such a facility just in case it is needed for something? It's not the only unused parcel of land in the park, as we've discussed before.

Quote Originally Posted by wantsback2dis View Post
    My experience with the princesses back from my last trip to the land in June of this year, i met Cinderella over at DCA (Near the theater where Aladdin is held), and Aurora, Belle and Snow white were at the disneyland entrance (before you go under the railroad into main street) at the same time, though i did not get to meet Aurora since i think they said they need to go back to the faire or to a parade or something. No traffic problems with the crowds, but i think the park was not busy at that time.

but hearing they were "Banished" to PFF is kinda sad.
    Well, it's still possible to see them where you mentioned, occasionally, as well as in parades and shows, of course, but for the most part they have been limited to PFF for a while.

I also think it should leave. I waited in line for about an hour and a half to see Snow White, and to find out once i got in that she wasn't there So i waited again in that rediculosly long line until i saw her. I also saw Jasmine yawning. The poor princesses must be so bored in there

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I don't have any personal connection to the characters, so I'm not bothered at all by the princesses not being present in the rest of the park, but what does bother me is the amount of space the Fantasyland Theater occupies - that could be put to better use, IMO.
    I 100% agree with this; they've had so many great shows there in the past, and I think that the theatre needs to be put to good use with real performances such as the Pocahontas or Snow White shows they had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Meettherobinson View Post
    I remember when I was around 7 or 8 years old and watching the Snow White Waterfall and out of no where Snow White was there chating it up with me. The time we spoke for felt like an eternity, but it was the perfect setting.

Now it feels very rushed; nothings more upseting than seeing Snow White yawn waiting for the next family to enter the PFF. Even worse the yawn traveled to Auora.

The Princesses only caused traffic jams when they put multiple out at the same time and handlers failed to control the crowd initially. If Princesses were put out 1 in front and 1 in the courtyard and handlers quickly made sure a concise line formed (not impossible as Cptn Sparrow's handlers frequently had to do this), traffic jams would be kept to a minimum.

I agree also that the situation at PFF feels more rushed. You have to go from one princess to right to another, and everyone who is there came to the PFF specifically to see the princesses, so you know you've got a long line of people behind you with nothing else to do but wait for you to finish. When you see the princesses out by the castle, in an actual "land", you wait in line for one princess at a time and you have the rest of beautiful Disneyland around to to look at or experience while you wait. Walking by and just spotting a princess you would like to meet feels like much less pressure and is not like rushing to get PFF "done".

Also, when you see them out and about in the park and you wait for them one at a time, you know exactly what princess you are getting. It's not just a hit-or-miss triple bone thrown at lovers of "princess merch", you can pick which princesses you would like to wait for and which you would not.

And a third thing that I think is really important is that the PFF princesses stand in front of painted flats for backdrops. A much prettier picture is taken out of doors, with the trees and DL all around you and behind you. One of the reasons I don't really like seeing character pictures from the MK in WDW is that most of the character meet and greets are inside the tent at the Toontown faire, and I think that outdoor settings (like the new fairies spot, or the gardens around the castle) make for much better memories and souvineirs (aesthetically).
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Also, when you see them out and about in the park and you wait for them one at a time, you know exactly what princess you are getting. It's not just a hit-or-miss triple bone thrown at lovers of "princess merch", you can pick which princesses you would like to wait for and which you would not.

And a third thing that I think is really important is that the PFF princesses stand in front of painted flats for backdrops. A much prettier picture is taken out of doors, with the trees and DL all around you and behind you.
    Oh you said that so beautifully! Excellent points that I totally agree with.

I HATE the hit-or-miss nature of the PFF. You peek in and see your princess in there, then by the time you get up there, it has totally changed and you get Prince Phillip instead. ^sigh^

And how cool is it to walk through the castle and hey presto!!! there's Princess Aurora with Phillip, dancing and taking pictures with people. THAT is magical. A faux receiving line in order to sell princess merch just really doesn't do it for me. At all. On any level.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast