Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough Closed

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    You are indeed wrong. It was only closed for one day. It was open yesterday and what you reported was a day late.
    Well excuse me! Seeing as I had heard no reports of it being open, I went ahead & posted it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

OK. Here's the thing. I am not trying to be mean here please understand that.

I have DIP Jr every other weekend. He has a SoCal pass which means I wouldn't be able to take him to DL until January if I didn't take him yesterday.

I didn't see this post until late in the evening when I logged into Micechat. Had I seen this post before picking him up I probably would have decided to do something else. The main thing I wanted to do at DL was to take him to the castle walkthrough for the first time in his life.

Forgive me if I was a little harsh but when I logged onto Micechat and read this I was a little concerned. What if other people were making plans to go to DL and like me didn't go because the castle walkthrough was reported as being closed? I wanted to make it clear to others reading that in fact the attraction was not closed.

Atrractions go down all the time. The walkthrough is no different. People are making closures of this attraction a lot bigger deal than it has to be.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Any new closures?

I'd love to debate the fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    MiceChat wants to be a place when Disney fans can come and discuss things Disney and get information. I don't think suggesting for people to go elsewhere for information is something that MiceChat would like.

If you aren't sure you may want to say "this may or may not be true" or "I've heard" rather than saying the exact opposite of what the News Crew is reporting. We all have "sources" and it's best to keep it in the rumor catergory before we go preaching it as gospel.
    Oh, I agree entirely, don't get me wrong. I didn't at all mean that people shouldn't depend on MiceChat - I sure do! All I meant to suggest was that it's a big exaggeration to say that there is "CONSTANTLY" bad information on MiceChat. There's certainly some incorrect stuff that works its way into the mix, and that's always unfortunate and sometimes just plain aggravating, but on the whole, this is an incredibly informative site.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oh, I agree entirely, don't get me wrong. I didn't at all mean that people shouldn't depend on MiceChat - I sure do! All I meant to suggest was that it's a big exaggeration to say that there is "CONSTANTLY" bad information on MiceChat. There's certainly some incorrect stuff that works its way into the mix, and that's always unfortunate and sometimes just plain aggravating, but on the whole, this is an incredibly informative site.
    I'd like to agree but my post vanished. Good chatting with you data, we are on the same page.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

MOD NOTE: Please keep to the original discussion if the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough is closed (or not). If information is incorrect, please state what you think/know and not attack members.

• ...TWO BITS!

The walkthrough does indeed close... when Disneyland concludes its normal operating hours.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    OK. Here's the thing. I am not trying to be mean here please understand that.

I have DIP Jr every other weekend. He has a SoCal pass which means I wouldn't be able to take him to DL until January if I didn't take him yesterday.

I didn't see this post until late in the evening when I logged into Micechat. Had I seen this post before picking him up I probably would have decided to do something else. The main thing I wanted to do at DL was to take him to the castle walkthrough for the first time in his life.

Forgive me if I was a little harsh but when I logged onto Micechat and read this I was a little concerned. What if other people were making plans to go to DL and like me didn't go because the castle walkthrough was reported as being closed? I wanted to make it clear to others reading that in fact the attraction was not closed.

Atrractions go down all the time. The walkthrough is no different. People are making closures of this attraction a lot bigger deal than it has to be.
    The reason I posted this was because it was rumored to be closed to get some extra work done. My friend was at the Resort, & she said it was closed all day (so I am of course going to trust her). That's why I posted the news.

If you aren't sure you may want to say "this may or may not be true" or "I've heard" rather than saying the exact opposite of what the News Crew is reporting. We all have "sources" and it's best to keep it in the rumor catergory before we go preaching it as gospel.
    How is it a rumor if the attraction definitely was closed? This is news my friend. And the news continues with the attraction now being open.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post

How is it a rumor if the attraction definitely was closed? This is news my friend. And the news continues with the attraction now being open.
    We are talking about labeling some items as news rather than rumor. I don't think explaining it to you is going to help anymore. I would strongly suggest putting your name in the hat to be added to the news crew. This site could certainly use someone in the know giving up to the minute news to our members.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

This just in....Small World just went down....is this the rumored big changes that is supposed to happen??!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Following the Second Star

This just in....Small World just went down....is this the rumored big changes that is supposed to happen??!!
    Drop it already ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    Drop it already ><
    I believe this is welcome advice for all sides. This thread has served its purpose and is no longer needed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Drop it already ><
    Sorry still ticked at it. I don't think the point has sunk in even with more than just me stating it.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Following the Second Star

Sorry still ticked at it. I don't think the point has sunk in even with more than just me stating it.
    If you're still ticked, here's an idea: Ignore the thread. It will help

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

It was closed today, but obviously not all day. It was closed till at least 7:30.

And as to the why it closed again, Tony Baxter told us that what was open before was just a preview and they weren't completly done.

His sources were NOT wrong. It was closed, just not all day.
    I think I would trust Tony Baxter over someone who is asking a barely above minimum wage CM what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    True fact.

I think the problem with any "news" like item on a message board is the time factor. We are dealing with complex attractions, that are mostly if not all controlled by equally complex computer systems. Add to that the physical parts of the attractions, and at any given time any thing can shut down. Sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for a few days. Sometimes they don't know for sure when an attraction will once again be open, or exactly the reasons for the closure.

Since we don't have a "live' real time feed on MiceChat (we'll put that on our wish list) info about attraction closings/openings can change several times and for several reasons before info about it can be posted again.

So, don't take info about closings on here as gospel. Disneyland is not static.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    Any new closures?

I'd love to debate the fact.
    Of course you realize if you turn it into a debate you know where we have to put it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-06-2008, 12:24 AM