Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Walt Disney Fan

Re: new policy about characters on rides

Goofy rides Gaget's Coaster all the time.

Everytime were over there he rides it.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Here's Alice and the White Rabbit on Space Mountain back in 1997.

• Princess Aurora Fan

I was one little girl away from riding with Alice. I think they should be allowed to ride that one. It is their ride after all. I've seen pictures taken by lilcricket of characters riding on storybook land. and the videos are pretty funny too, got to love the don't kiss the girl one!
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• Small Worlds of Walt

I'll miss seeing Alice, Hatter, Tweedle Dee/Dum riding the Teacups.

A few years back during one of the Haunted Mansion Holiday events, I was able to ride the attraction with the Behemoth. It was great to experience the attraction with a character. Also along for the trip were a couple of the witches with some of my friends in the doombuggies behind us. It was great having them comment on stuff in character in the stretching rooms and during the attraction. Although having 2 people and the Behemoth was a tight squeeze in the doombuggy.

I don't know why they would stop characters doing on attractions with guests. It creates one very special magical memory for one guest and seems to bring a smile to those that see them going on rides enjoying the park like everyone else. Well, just wait for the next batch of managers to come in and change the policy again.

There was one time I was next to Pluto on the Disneyland Railroad though during the tail end of Fantasmic with the Mark Twain going by..... Pluto ducked down and then later mocking the choreography, but that is another story....

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

"I think that was a black hole, not a rabbit hole!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

I could see management looking down on this happening since it's out of their land. What place does a little girl and a talking rabbit have in outer space?

But . . . I wouldn't see a problem with the tea cups. It is after all the Mad Hatters tea party, shouldn't he be a part of it?

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

A couple weeks ago after the Drawn To The Magic show, Cinderella walked through the Animation Studio with a little girl and her mom. They did the "Which Character is Like You?" and did the voice over thing in Ursula's Grotto. It was very nice to see a character spending so much personal time with a guest, especially a little girl!

That would be really cool if they started doing this again. It can make a person's day much more magical.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    A couple weeks ago after the Drawn To The Magic show, Cinderella walked through the Animation Studio with a little girl and her mom. They did the "Which Character is Like You?" and did the voice over thing in Ursula's Grotto. It was very nice to see a character spending so much personal time with a guest, especially a little girl!

That would be really cool if they started doing this again. It can make a person's day much more magical.

Woo more characters! I've been rooting for this for a while.

• Queen Elsa

I remember back to Disneyland's 50th I was on Fanstyland side by the King Arthers carols [ms] I saw Peter, Wendy and Capt. Hook on the carols

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I worked many times back in the day where the characters would come and ride the Astro Orbitor. It was fun seeing the kids face light up seeing Mickey and the gang walk through the Exit gates. I beluieve there are certain rides that characters can go on. They must be seen in puclic view.

Actually its a pretty old policy, about 3 years ago but I think it only pertains to Fantasyland. They didn't want characters to go on rides where their own character was shown so not to confuse guests...yes that was a real reason. Also there were incidents were guests shoved their way up to the front of the line trying to get their kid on with the character or just for a picture sometimes breaking down the ride (sometimes they jumped into the station). I know the CMs didn't care but management did but I dont think its as big of a deal anymore. Haven't seen many characters riding at the Routes except for Carousel.

Yay band cycle!

• The line's too long...

What a dumb policy by Disney; seeing the characters on the rides is a lot of fun and makes for great photo ops. They can't be serious that they're worried guests will be confused seeing Snow White on her eponymous ride, or breaking theme by having Alice on Space Mountain, give me a break...

• HauntedOne999

The rule basically is no riding an attraction unless given permission... just like at JC skippers cannot ride a boat as a passenger unless instructed by a lead (show check) or during training. If the policy was left completely open then characters would abuse it and guests who dont want to go on the attraction would miss the opportunity to see the characters.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Koubu Pilot

Last year I saw both Goofy and Pluto on Splash Mountain.

I think it was in a previous thread showing Goofy playing DDR at Starcade that a poster said a character can get permission if the actor is formally leaving and it was their last day. I don't know if that's true.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-06-2008, 08:53 AM