Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

Re: new policy about characters on rides

A couple of years ago Wendy, Hook, Peter and Smee joined us on the Colombian. Wendy grabbed me and took me down stairs to help her find a treasure of some sort, while Hook kept my son captive on top and engaged him in a sword fight. It was so much fun. They all posed for pics with people on board. My son and I will never forget it! It was so unexpected...they just jumped on board at the last minute and took everyone by surprise.
    Another time both Mickey and Minnie were right in front of us on the Matterhorn. They both had to adjust their heads when they got off the ride, waved at everyone and skipped off arm in arm to who knows where. So funny!
    A NoCal in a SoCal state of mind

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    What a dumb policy by Disney; seeing the characters on the rides is a lot of fun and makes for great photo ops. They can't be serious that they're worried guests will be confused seeing Snow White on her eponymous ride, or breaking theme by having Alice on Space Mountain, give me a break...
    I think they were more worried about breaking the theme but I do agree, having a character ride with a child makes it very special for them. I doubt they will know the difference seeing that character on the ride...the worse that can happen is them saying, "look, its you!"

Now characters riding attractions like Space, a little strange if you ask me. And yes, many characters were abusing the right. It was more that they want to ride the attractions than be with the guests/children.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    I think it was in a previous thread showing Goofy playing DDR at Starcade that a poster said a character can get permission if the actor is formally leaving and it was their last day. I don't know if that's true.
    I've heard many stories of that, and I'm pretty sure it's true. I'm fairly certain that the photo of Alice and White Rabbit on Space Mountain was one of their last days as well (although I kinda agree its weird to see a character out of their element). But yah, I've heard of management allowing characters to go on certain rides for their last day.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

I have only seen characters on a ride one time. I was about a year ago when my cousin and I saw characters on the teacups. I thought that was awesome and wish I could see more characters on rides

• Dreams Do Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    It applies to every character. They used to have what they called the "Hit Squad" which would consist of 4 to 5 fuzzy characters, and they would choose a couple rides to go on with guests for the day. It would be anything from Tea Cups and Storybook, to Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain.

But that's all long gone now.
    Really Because I saw alice on teacups on 12/5/08 when I was playing in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    The rule basically is no riding an attraction unless given permission... just like at JC skippers cannot ride a boat as a passenger unless instructed by a lead (show check) or during training.

wow when did that become a rule... I use to ride other skips boats all the time.... wow that attraction is becoming more and more of a Fun killer the more I hear about all the rules they keep adding.....

One Day at Splash Goofy rode 6 times sitting in the front his character host was not happy and goofy was really soaked

Going on a ride with any of the fab 5 would be awesome!

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    Really Because I saw alice on teacups on 12/5/08 when I was playing in the park
    good to know that the policy is only restricting this a little and not complete banning it; hopefully i'll see more characters on rides, making someone's day special!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-06-2008, 08:53 AM