Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Exclamation Who thinks it is safe to call the future of Disneyland, Pixarland?

In my opinion it seems as if the only thing Disney has fro it's future is Pixar. Without Pixar Disney would have some trouble. I really love Pixar but I love staying true to original Disney but it seems as if Disneyland is more about hitting people with rides from new movies more than going back for the old such as Lion King, Little Mermaid, ect: Disney has to depend on Pixar because everything else is so low par I mean Meet The Robinsons or Bolt? People would rather have rides off of these hit Pixar movies. So my only concern is that I think the future of Disneyland wont stay to the true Disney sceme. I would rather them go back and hit all the hits they have missed, not that they wont try with the new Little Mermaid stuff coming but I just think that Disney will depend on Pixar themes for everything because these movies are such a hit. I mean I can see them thinking why go back and hit The Lion King when our present audience just went crazy over this new Pixar movie, they would much rather see a ride based off of this ya know?

I am sure I will be flamed and there might be some of you who agree but I have no problem with Pixar here and there but I can see the future of Disneyland really becoming Pixarland....

Discuss...................

-SILVER

• Far too curious

Re: Who thinks it is safe to call the future of Disneyland, Pixarland?

Actually, that's what I've been calling DCA every so often, especially with the upcoming Cars Land addition.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    Actually, that's what I've been calling DCA every so often, especially with the upcoming Cars Land addition.
    Exactly I mean Bug's Land, Cars Land? Great movies but I mean really, give me a little more originality please.....

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Well, you are right about Disney's dependency on PIXAR 100%. It's the only thing I like coming out from them anymore (movie-wise).

However, PIXAR is brilliant, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Asking Disney to go back to hand-drawn-and-painted animation is like asking you to throw out your dishwasher and start hand-washing from a stream again.

It's sad to see that Disney Movies can no longer succeed to the extent that they used to.

But PIXAR is a wonderful company, so I don't mind seeing their rides in the park. Nemo Submarines..however...is a whole different story for another thread lol

• =)

Two things:

1. Disney's feature animation lineup will, in theory, be getting a major shot in the arm with The Princess and the Frog and the films that follow. There will be potential there if things go as well as they seem to be.

2. Your post completely ignores the possibility of original attractions. Who says every attraction, or even a majority of them, has to be based on a franchise? Most of the DLR's most popular attractions aren't movie-based, or they use an existing universe to tell an "inspired by" story. For instance:

Space Mountain
    Soarin' over California
    Haunted Mansion
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones
    Tower of Terror
    Splash Mountain (few have seen Song of the South!)
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

I could go on. There are certainly popular attractions that are strictly movie-based, such as Peter Pan, and MrLiver has argued that these would be far more popular than the others I've listed if they were of comparable length, but I disagree. Disneyland is not all about Disney movies.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Goover
    Asking Disney to go back to hand-drawn-and-painted animation is like asking you to throw out your dishwasher and start hand-washing from a stream again.
    Really? Oil painting is a far older art form than animation, yet people still do it. Having a long history does not make something inferior. I love CGI - anyone who's seen that little of project mine can probably figure that out - but traditional animation is not inferior. It's just different, and it has its own advantages and disadvantages.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Well, you are right about Disney's dependency on PIXAR 100%. It's the only thing I like coming out from them anymore (movie-wise).

However, PIXAR is brilliant, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Asking Disney to go back to hand-drawn-and-painted animation is like asking you to throw out your dishwasher and start hand-washing from a stream again.

It's sad to see that Disney Movies can no longer succeed to the extent that they used to.

But PIXAR is a wonderful company, so I don't mind seeing their rides in the park. Nemo Submarines..however...is a whole different story for another thread lol

If I were to right anymore on the first post I would have written exactly what you did. That pretty much nailed my opinion. I mean I love Pixar, you can trust that I will be there day one for Up. I really do love Pixar and I wouldn't mind seeing more rides based off it but it is the rides like Matterhorn and Space Mountain that will be remembered the longest for their originality and uniqueness. I mean at least give me a new story I mean FNSV was horrid to the fact that they based the ride off the movie and what we all would really want is to go on a new adventure with the characters we love. I mean we have all seen the movie.....

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Two things:

1. Disney's feature animation lineup will, in theory, be getting a major shot in the arm with The Princess and the Frog and the films that follow. There will be potential there if things go as well as they seem to be.

2. Your post completely ignores the possibility of original attractions. Who says every attraction, or even a majority of them, has to be based on a franchise? Most of the DLR's most popular attractions aren't movie-based, or they use an existing universe to tell an "inspired by" story. For instance:

Space Mountain
    Soarin' over California
    Haunted Mansion
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones
    Tower of Terror
    Splash Mountain (few have seen Song of the South!)
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

I could go on. There are certainly popular attractions that are strictly movie-based, such as Peter Pan, and MrLiver has argued that these would be far more popular than the others I've listed if they were of comparable length, but I disagree. Disneyland is not all about Disney movies.

EDIT:

Really? Oil painting is a far older art form than animation, yet people still do it. Having a long history does not make something inferior. I love CGI - anyone who's seen that little of project mine can probably figure that out - but traditional animation is not inferior. It's just different, and it has its own advantages and disadvantages.
    \

Perhaps I didn't clarify all that great and for that I am sorry but I was really trying to hit the point that the originality of Walt's ideas will always be remembered and rides like Nemo that are already being forgot. I mean the idea of Disneyland is unique originality, with some rides being based off movies. The lack of original rides ever since the days of Walt has been horrible and that is why I worry that Disneyland will just be dependent of Pixar so that they will always have new rides to dish out instead of trying to make original rides. And we all know the original rides are the ones that will always be truly remembered....

• Banned User

Why does it matter!? Pixar is now owned by Disney, so they of course have full rights to use those characters. And quite frankly, the only good animated movies in recent years (aside from Bolt) have been Pixar movies. Disney needs a character tie in to sell merchandise, which in the end is what keeps the parks running, & regular guests will enjoy an attraction based off a popular movie, if done right. And I'm sure with John Lasetter & his creative team behind Cars Land, it will be done right!

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Why does it matter!? Pixar is now owned by Disney, so they of course have full rights to use those characters. And quite frankly, the only good animated movies in recent years (aside from Bolt) have been Pixar movies. Disney needs a character tie in to sell merchandise, which in the end is what keeps the parks running, & regular guests will enjoy an attraction based off a popular movie, if done right. And I'm sure with John Lasetter & his creative team behind Cars Land, it will be done right!
    I do agree with you but when attractions from great movies such as FNSV gets dished out in DL. That is when trouble starts.

• =)

Disney needs a character tie in to sell merchandise
    Really? I can't remember the last time riding a movie-based attraction convinced me to buy something. I did buy a Pirates of the Caribbean shirt in the early 2000s, though...

which in the end is what keeps the parks running
    I don't have exact figures, but with admission as high as it is, I'm sure that contributes just a little.

regular guests will enjoy an attraction based off a popular movie, if done right.
    Regular guests will enjoy an attraction based off a fun original idea, if done right.

And I'm sure with John Lasetter & his creative team behind Cars Land, it will be done right!
    Done right for Pixarland, yes. Not so much for DCA.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    In my opinion it seems as if the only thing Disney has fro it's future is Pixar.
    That's practically a quote of what I muttered as I climbed out of the submarine after experiencing the Underwater Nemo DVD Rerun Ride.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• (Not a) New User

Here's an idea. Instead of having all the Pixar stuff scattered around DRL, put up a "Pixar Land" or something that involves different rides from all the Pixar movies. They all ready have the Bug's Life 3-D to start. They could tear down the rest of "Bug's Land" and put up new rides or something. They could do another expansion to make room for something else, like, for example, moving the Monsters Inc. ride to this new land, the "Talk With Crush" attraction, and maybe even Midway Mania.Also, even taking just one of the new Cars ride ideas and putting it in there might be a nice addition- as long as it's not one of those kiddie rides for kids ages 1-3, like most of Bugs Land.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Here's an idea. Instead of having all the Pixar stuff scattered around DRL, put up a "Pixar Land" or something that involves different rides from all the Pixar movies. They all ready have the Bug's Life 3-D to start. They could tear down the rest of "Bug's Land" and put up new rides or something. They could do another expansion to make room for something else, like, for example, moving the Monsters Inc. ride to this new land, the "Talk With Crush" attraction, and maybe even Midway Mania.Also, even taking just one of the new Cars ride ideas and putting it in there might be a nice addition- as long as it's not one of those kiddie rides for kids ages 1-3, like most of Bugs Land.
    I doubt they would move all of those attractions over to another park. It's not worth it.

• (Not a) New User

I doubt they would move all of those attractions over to another park. It's not worth it.
    Not moving to another park. Just to where Bug's Land is. Keep the 3-D show, get rid of eveything else, and put in all the other Pixar rides in this new land. The only ride that would tranfer to another park would be Nemo's Voyage.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Not moving to another park. Just to where Bug's Land is. Keep the 3-D show, get rid of eveything else, and put in all the other Pixar rides in this new land. The only ride that would tranfer to another park would be Nemo's Voyage.
    So you're saying put the Nemo Subs in DCA? That definitely ain't going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast