Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

fun experiences wiith characters!

have any of you guys ever hand any extraordinary, peculiar, creepy, or just AMAZING experiences with any characters? i'll start.

1) today i was walking into disneyland and saw cruella standing there. there was no one really in line to see her, so i pulled out my cam. phone to get a pic of her. i walk up, and the first thing she says is "blake darling! long time, no see!" i wasnt wearing any "name" gear, and ive only spoken to cruella once over a year ago.

2) today, i was watching the ppp and as the monsters inc. monsters are passing by, i waved at my favorite. he instantly runs over and sits right next to me and watched the parade for a good ten seconds.

3) during halloween time, i went to see what villians were out in dca. i saw the queen of hearts standing there, so i went up and got a pic with her. i then said "your majesty, why do you have a mole? you dont have one in the movie." she then made an "off with your head!!!!" hand motion and started chasing me. i was running, and she pushed me off a curb. it was fun though!!!

thats all i can think of for now... your turn!

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• Queen Elsa

Re: fun experiences wiith characters!

It almost sounds like the Cruella you saw is the same one I have that has become a friend to me. She remembers my name and is very nice to me but if any of people come up to her she snaps at them.

As for me hmmm I have one it's with my favorite Mad Hatter. I had on my Hatter hat and he saw it and told me I had it on the wrong way that I need to turn it around. So I did but he said I still had it on wrong and then he told me to come up to him. So I did and what he did was he took it off my head and put it on but the way he put it on was he cover up my face with the hat. I was trying to take it off me and when I did Tweeled Dee was right in my face and gave me a rashberry sound.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Oh geez Blake, you're going to make bust out a whole bunch of stories.

- On the same day that Blake got pushed off of the curb, my brother went up to see the Queen of Hearts. He goes up to her and says "hello" and then I said from behind him, "He prefers Alice!" This made her angry and so what she does is motions for him to get down on his hands and knees and beg!

Here are those lovely shots:

It was hilarious! One of the funniest encounters with the Queen I've ever seen.

- My friend, Ana, and I were heading into Adventureland when we spotted Aladdin. He was hanging out by himself right in front of Jungle Cruise, so I went over to get a picture. Ana didn't want one, so we left. We explored Pirate's Lair, went through Frontierland, and then spotted Aladdin again. She then decide "what the heck, I'll get a picture". He was walking by himself a little bit ahead of us, so we started calling him. "Aladdin! Prince Ali!" He stopped for about two seconds in front of Tiki Room without looking back and then started walking into the Bazaar. We decided to follow him to see where he was heading and he took the craziest path ever! Then, there was a boy who was in front of him, he said, "Hello!" and then switched spots with him so the boy got in our way. Finally, we caught up to him after yelling, "ALADDIN!". Then he replied with, "When did you two ladies get here?" He knew we were following him, and it was great to see him get into character like that.

• Following the Second Star

I....

This one time....

When I....

....OH JUST GO HERE: Brooke's Room of Bored-and-Random-ness

Entirely too many stories to tell.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Far too curious

Oh, goodness, I've got a lot...let's start with some of my favorites:

- This wasn't with one particular character, but actually with all of the fairies. I was lucky enough to meet Tinkerbell and all four of her friends one day, and had them all sign drawings I did of them. Much to my delight they absolutely loved my drawings. A friend of mine who works backstage actually said Iridessa liked my drawings so much she wants me to draw a picture for her to keep! Hopefully I'll be seeing my friend sometime again soon, so I can give it to him to give to her XP

- Now, we may be called the Hatter fangirls, but we love Alice too. Sadly, Alice rarely gets presents, so I drew her a picture, along with a thank you note for being our friend this year. She was so happy to get a present, when she and Hatter came out to do meet and greets later she gave me this. I really was not expecting to get anything in return, but I'm really happy that I did.

- Aaand...oh gosh. Our time spent with Merlin at Goofy's Kitchen. I can't really go into detail about that one(well...I could, but it'd make no sense), but it was super special awesome.

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    - Aaand...oh gosh. Our time spent with Merlin at Goofy's Kitchen. I can't really go into detail about that one(well...I could, but it'd make no sense), but it was super special awesome.
    Shame we can't go into too, because that would blow everyone else's stories all the way to China!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Disneymom

my favorite is not a funny story but a sweet one. After my daughter then 5 got hearing aids and was just learning sign language and was shy about it, we saw Cinderella and she signed to my daughter. My daughter was so amazed that Cinderella knew sign language. Cindrella told her to continue signing and practicing so she could come back and sign with her again. Made me cry. Still does.

• Disneymom

ok, I have another one. When my daughter was three went went to DLR but first we went to the beach. My daughter saw some coral and had to have some for Ariel, her favorite. When we went into the park the next day the first place we went was to Ariel. She gave her the coral and Ariel was so surprised and happy she gave her a big hug. Later at the parade Ariel remembered her and waved and picked up the coral she was still holding. Mandy is now 8 and still remembers how she gave Ariel a piece of the sea.

• Wishing I was at Disney.

[quote=SkeletonStockings;3301790]

- Now, we may be called the Hatter fangirls, but we love Alice too. Sadly, Alice rarely gets presents, so I drew her a picture, along with a thank you note for being our friend this year. She was so happy to get a present, when she and Hatter came out to do meet and greets later she gave me this. I really was not expecting to get anything in return, but I'm really happy that I did.

quote]
    That was truely one of the greatess things I've ever seen involing a character. That was so sweet of her to give you the picture that day. Her face just brightened after you gave her that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    my favorite is not a funny story but a sweet one. After my daughter then 5 got hearing aids and was just learning sign language and was shy about it, we saw Cinderella and she signed to my daughter. My daughter was so amazed that Cinderella knew sign language. Cindrella told her to continue signing and practicing so she could come back and sign with her again. Made me cry. Still does.
    this is so sweet- if you haven't already, would you go to City Hall and let them know how much this meant to you and your daughter (without giving a date/time that you met Cinderella)? Some characters have been told that they're not allowed to sign to children anymore, so maybe if they realize how much it has touched people, they'll change their minds!

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    this is so sweet- if you haven't already, would you go to City Hall and let them know how much this meant to you and your daughter (without giving a date/time that you met Cinderella)? Some characters have been told that they're not allowed to sign to children anymore, so maybe if they realize how much it has touched people, they'll change their minds!
    Why would they not be allowed to sign to kids? That doesn't quite make sense to me, considering that's the only form of communication for some children.

That's kinda funny that this came up, because during Christmas Fantasy, today, Santa would sign the words to the song. I thought that was really neat.

Why would they not be allowed to sign to kids? That doesn't quite make sense to me, considering that's the only form of communication for some children.

That's kinda funny that this came up, because during Christmas Fantasy, today, Santa would sign the words to the song. I thought that was really neat.
    the reasoning is that if that same child were to go up to Cinderella the following day, and want to sign again, what happens if Cindy "forgot" how to sign? Personally I think it's ridiculous, and think that the parent should/would be smart enough to jump in and give a story to the child

• Top Chef

Wow there are some great stories here!! I love the Ariel and the coral story! Mine is recent. I was getting my picture with Mickey and Minnie, and some of my group told them they needed to get a picture with my son's name (he isn't born yet), and Mickey and Minnie looked around. They then found out that he is still inside me, so Minnie motioned if she could rub my belly, and I agreed. SO I have tons of pictures of Minnie and Mickey rubbing my belly, looking at my belly, and waving to my belly. It was so much fun, and I have all the pictures in my baby book that I have been putting together for my son. One day he will have a lot to look at, and he will see that his mom always loved Disney even before he was born.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

having Clarabelle know me... that's pretty weird. haha

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

shows how much reading bottom to top helps...

I thought you all were talking about autograph books. I should pay more attention, but that is really a sweet story, but maybe they would not be allowed to sign because if one character signs to a child, maybe that will give the impression to the child that all the characters know sign language?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast