• Senior Minion

Ask not what DL can do for you, but what you can do for DL...

So we always have these threads about what you'd like to take from DL, but how about looking at it from the other way? What would you like to give to DL to make the happiest place on earth a little happier for its guests. It could be anything, from something small to a whole new land or retheme of a current land. Most of us have changes we'd like to see happen, but what is that thing or things that are most near and dear to your heart that you would give to DL if you could?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Re: Ask not what DL can do for you, but what you can do for DL...

I pick up liter when I see it lying around. Not anything huge, but the happiest place on Earth deserves to be the cleanest as well.

I'd have to think about what I would "give" DL though. I like this thread already.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sock Puppet

Well, since I don't own the Park, and can't actually make those decisions, I'll stick with what we can and actually do.

In order to help make the Park a better place, we:

Pick up litter when we see it blowing around. I'm not saying that we will put the custodial staff out of work, but if it is within reason (maps, food wrappers, cups, etc..) our kids will pick it up and toss it in a trash can (without even being asked!). But no, no dirty diapers!!! LOL

Give kudos to City Hall when a CM does their job in an effective manner.

Thank CM's that put us on a ride and let us off.

Let the appropriate CM's know of a safety issue that needs tending to.

Turn in found items to lost and found.

Say, "Happy Birthday" to guests that are wearing their b-day buttons/stickers.

Always have our AP's out and ready to give to the CM at the entry gate (Why is that such a hard thing for folks to do???).

Have our bags open and ready for inspection BEFORE we get to the CM at the "security checkpoint table" (see above comment).

Of course there is more, but you get the idea.

Sure, we're not adding a new land or making other ground-breaking changes, but we feel that we help out the Park and its guests by doing a few simple things that ANYONE can ACTUALLY do if they wanted to.

Maybe it's not what the OP was looking for, but it is what WE DO in an attempt to help make the Park a little happier for both the CM's and the guests.

We pick up trash as well, and teach out daughter to do the same. I try very hard to thank every CM who I come into contact with. We also try to say "excuse me" when we bump into people. Our daughter looks for people who look like they need help finding things and tries to help them as much as a 7 year old can

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Well, since I don't own the Park, and can't actually make those decisions, I'll stick with what we can and actually do.

In order to help make the Park a better place, we:

Pick up litter when we see it blowing around. I'm not saying that we will put the custodial staff out of work, but if it is within reason (maps, food wrappers, cups, etc..) our kids will pick it up and toss it in a trash can (without even being asked!). But no, no dirty diapers!!! LOL

Give kudos to City Hall when a CM does their job in an effective manner.

Thank CM's that put us on a ride and let us off.

Let the appropriate CM's know of a safety issue that needs tending to.

Turn in found items to lost and found.

Say, "Happy Birthday" to guests that are wearing their b-day buttons/stickers.

Always have our AP's out and ready to give to the CM at the entry gate (Why is that such a hard thing for folks to do???).

Have our bags open and ready for inspection BEFORE we get to the CM at the "security checkpoint table" (see above comment).

Of course there is more, but you get the idea.

Sure, we're not adding a new land or making other ground-breaking changes, but we feel that we help out the Park and its guests by doing a few simple things that ANYONE can ACTUALLY do if they wanted to.

Maybe it's not what the OP was looking for, but it is what WE DO in an attempt to help make the Park a little happier for both the CM's and the guests.
    i totally agree that these are great ways to help both the parks and their operators, and the other guest enjoying their time there. Thank you to everyone who does these things when they visit!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    ...what is that thing or things that are most near and dear to your heart that you would give to DL if you could?
    Management that gets it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler