I need some advice from you DL veterans who know what the crowds and weather are like at different times of the year. We only get to Disneyland every other year, so we have to make it good! Our last two trips have been in August, and the heat and crowds were too much. Right now we're leaning toward a 1-week visit in mid-late October this year, can anybody tell me if this is a good idea or if there might be a better time to go?
These are some of the criteria I'm using to decide:
1. We will be bringing our 2 little daughters, so we can live with shorter park hours during the week. 16-hour days just aren't going to happen
2. Reduced crowds and temperatures are a must! Highs in the 80's would be great.
3. I would love to ride Space Mountain again.
4. We would like to see Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. Will that be up this year? If so, when does it run?
5. Fireworks and Fantasmic... we HAVE to see these a couple of times, but they have them on weekends year-round, right?
That's about it. Sorry to be such an ignoramus, but I really don't know these things and would love some help from the experts
Thanks in advance!