Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: Flashing Girls Prompt Disneyland to Can 'Jack Sparrow' Actors

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Jack appears for meet n' greets only on TSI, which closes at dusk; yet the article says the flashing was done late at night when Jack does not make appearances in the park. Methinks a reporter got snookered...
    But you do see Jack at different areas of the park. He has been seen all in New Orlene Square and on Main Street sometimes.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The short article doesn't have it's facts correct either. Sounds like the Jack Sparrows were working in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, rather than walking around NOS or on Tom Sawyer's Island.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    But you do see Jack at different areas of the park. He has been seen all in New Orlene Square and on Main Street sometimes.
    But the point is that Jack never sticks around after dark. He's usually off before dusk.

Y'know I read that article...and I just LOL-ed at everything that was wrong. And quite a bit was wrong. Also the boys were not "fired." They're still kickin' around in different roles.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Thumbs down Re: Flashing Girls Prompt Disneyland to Can 'Jack Sparrow' Actors

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Y'know I read that article...and I just LOL-ed at everything that was wrong. And quite a bit was wrong. Also the boys were not "fired." They're still kickin' around in different roles.
    Exactly. I have a strong feeling this is just another story made up by this idiot who is mad at being fired from Disney for reasons he caused himself. The other Jack's have not been let go, they are in different rolls throughout the park.

Gheez, this guy needs to move on with his life. It's stupid that news companies believe whatever comes out of his mouth.
    -Wes

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Exactly. I have a strong feeling this is just another story made up by this idiot who is mad at being fired from Disney for reasons he caused himself.
    In all honesty, I think this is a matter of the reporter taking liberties and stretching the truth. Brandon didn't lie in his previous article, he's still an honest guy.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    But the point is that Jack never sticks around after dark. He's usually off before dusk.

I've seen the Jack Sparrow face character in NOS after dark.

IMO (like I and others said in the many Tom Sawyer Island to Pirates Lair debates) the pirate thing is a fad. It is one that is now waning. Disney seldome wants to admit that they "follow fads" (or that they even create them) and so this apparent epidemic of flashing (yeah right) has been served up as a story for the face character's removal...to Disney this sounds like a better reason than saying "well the Pixies are the next and more current cash cow, Jack has served his purpose and we're done with him for now."

Didn't they supposedly get rid of the Tarzan walk around because he was being touched inapropriately and pinched in the buttocks

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Didn't they supposedly get rid of the Tarzan walk around because he was being touched inapropriately and pinched in the buttocks
    I swear that was only once it it was only because I wasn't watching where I was walking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    The other Jack's have not been let go, they are in different rolls throughout the park.
    Right! It says in the article that the Jack Sparrow's were converted into Tink Faeries. Those are some seriously versatile actors!

• Progressive Disneylander

So if this isn't true -- or some part of it isn't true -- then why would there be no more Jack Sparrow? Isn't he one of the most popular Disney characters? It's certainly not inconceivable that the actions (in general) of some female guests towards Jack Sparrow are making DL a little less 'family friendly'.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

Lisa, I keep tellin' ya : Always destroy the evidence!!!
    DisneyBroad54

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I swear that was only once it it was only because I wasn't watching where I was walking!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Right! It says in the article that the Jack Sparrow's were converted into Tink Faeries. Those are some seriously versatile actors!
    LOL!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

If the guys are still working at the Park, then it does sound like (for once) money wasn't the reason Jack Sparrow was canned. Unless Jack involved some form of extra hazard pay due to the crazed fans...
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

hahaha. Yeah... um. no.

I also hear that they got rid of Tarzan because all the women wouldn't leave him alone. Which I believe speaking for a man who wore only a piece of fabric or what-not.

• Making my own Mousekteers

All I can think is if I ride topless through Winnie the Pooh, could I get Country Bears back? Cause, seriously, I might be willing to take that hit.

Half of me just wants to dismiss this and the other half thinks there may be a grain of truth in it. I know and understand that people just make stuff up about Disney because whatever they say will make it to the papers.....but I have seen the way those girls acted around Jack. It was more than a little intense. And there have been people who have sent in letters saying they conceived they're child one Small World or PoC and if people can do that then it's not to much of a stretch to see them flashing a pirate. Meh..... stupid girls

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast