Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Flashing Girls Prompt Disneyland to Can 'Jack Sparrow' Actors

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    hahaha. Yeah... um. no.

I also hear that they got rid of Tarzan because all the women wouldn't leave him alone. Which I believe speaking for a man who wore only a piece of fabric or what-not.
    Guy can handle lions and tigers in the jungles, but not cougars??
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post

Lisa, I keep tellin' ya : Always destroy the evidence!!!

Nice Rock Lobster!!!!
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

he can.

they can't. lol

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    Hmmm....This brings up a host of things I would like to flash away. Buzz being one of them...

Maybe I could flash Nemo out of the subs!
    I'll help out in that effort!

By the way, any truth in the rumor about that new "Flashin' Over DCA" attraction? One can hope...

(Just kiddin' DCA fans)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post

In this case, a picture is worth two thousand words.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Now we know how to get rid of things we don't like at the parks... flash them.

Seriously though... if it had been a daughter of mine doing that.... pain... lots of pain. Behavior like that is simply beyond words at Disneyland and I don't care how cute you think Jack Sparrow is.
    I'm giving y'all fair warning now. My shirt is coming off on Innoventions Friday morning. It should be safe to enter after 11 AM.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    ...but I have seen the way those girls acted around Jack. It was more than a little intense.
    Yeah... I've seen some of those girls too... (reminds me of the Twilight opening night show actually). If some of the more amorous were getting a bit to forward, I can see Disney deciding to pull a character. They don't want those kinds of behaviors in their parks at all. And I have heard some crazy things from teenage girls in lines waiting for Jack Sparrow.

Flashing... I don't know. The article is full of inconsistencies and just doesn't feel right... but the basic premise of a character being pulled for inappropriate behaviors of guests towards them is believable. Budget cuts may be the stated reason, but I doubt that really is the motivating factor here unless the entire pirates line is just dead, which it could be considering the "fad" nature of it. The Pixies have taken on the fad role for the next little bit.

This of course begs the question... will the female Pixies be getting similar inappropriate behaviors talk from the male crowd at the parks?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah... I've seen some of those girls too... (reminds me of the Twilight opening night show actually). If some of the more amorous were getting a bit to forward, I can see Disney deciding to pull a character. They don't want those kinds of behaviors in their parks at all. And I have heard some crazy things from teenage girls in lines waiting for Jack Sparrow.

Flashing... I don't know. The article is full of inconsistencies and just doesn't feel right... but the basic premise of a character being pulled for inappropriate behaviors of guests towards them is believable. Budget cuts may be the stated reason, but I doubt that really is the motivating factor here unless the entire pirates line is just dead, which it could be considering the "fad" nature of it. The Pixies have taken on the fad role for the next little bit.

This of course begs the question... will the female Pixies be getting similar inappropriate behaviors talk from the male crowd at the parks?
    Other than Esmeralda, has there ever been a female character removed because men were getting too frisky with them?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Flashing is common i heard often on "Flash Mountain" and "Monorail Girl"
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I am telling the truth when I say I was only trying to get the attention of the MC'ers on board the Mark Twain. It really had nothing to do with those cute canoe guys going by.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Flashing is common i heard often on "Flash Mountain" and "Monorail Girl"
    You beat me to it... there used to be an entire website of "Flash Mountain" pictures (it's gone now). That was quite a while ago, and the ride is still here. So I don't think that tactic works on attractions.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    You beat me to it... there used to be an entire website of "Flash Mountain" pictures (it's gone now). That was quite a while ago, and the ride is still here. So I don't think that tactic works on attractions.
    Well, there go the plans for this weeks meet.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• The Pirate Girl

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    PoC movies are done, the pirates and pirates lair will be forgotten... how things go..
    Well, the movies aren't done. They're going to have a fourth in the future. Possibly around 2010 or 2011.

And this is sad.

But I don't know if it's been suggested yet... but try flashing HISTA... xD
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I've seen the Jack Sparrow face character in NOS after dark.

IMO (like I and others said in the many Tom Sawyer Island to Pirates Lair debates) the pirate thing is a fad. It is one that is now waning. Disney seldome wants to admit that they "follow fads" (or that they even create them) and so this apparent epidemic of flashing (yeah right) has been served up as a story for the face character's removal...to Disney this sounds like a better reason than saying "well the Pixies are the next and more current cash cow, Jack has served his purpose and we're done with him for now."
    I 100% disagree; a 4th Pirates movie is in the works, and they are going to continue to milk it. The merchandise is still everywhere. It's certainly their most successful line in terms of broad appeal in all demographics; it's got everyone hooked from little boys to teen girls to adults of both sexes. He was definitely a popular character for meet and greets. All reasons I have heard so far for cutting him have had more to do with money and budgets and the hiring of all the new girls for the fairies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I also hear that they got rid of Tarzan because all the women wouldn't leave him alone. Which I believe speaking for a man who wore only a piece of fabric or what-not.
    While I don't know many women that wouldn't enjoy a hunky shirtless jungle man, I believe the popularity of the entire Tarzan "line" or whatever was waning. You're lucky if you see Jane in the park at all, and good luck finding much Tarzan merchandise. The musical pretty much tanked as well. This is in contrast to Jack Sparrow, who was nixed even though POTC stuff is still all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Also the boys were not "fired." They're still kickin' around in different roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    If the guys are still working at the Park, then it does sound like (for once) money wasn't the reason Jack Sparrow was canned. Unless Jack involved some form of extra hazard pay due to the crazed fans...
    THIS is a very good point, and now I'm getting a little confused. If "the boys" are still on the character payroll, then this wasn't about keeping the budget down in the character department? Unless you mean they're operating rides or something now. But the removal of the money issue points us to other reasons, such as operations and what kind of situations were coming up when they were out in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I was going to say this; it didn't even make them take off the camera on the ride, much less the entire ride. Maybe because so many people buy their ride photos. If Jack Sparrow was peddling jewelry at the same time of his meet and greets, maybe he'd still be around.

The pulling of such a popular character, and if the actors are still working as characters in the park and haven't been laid off because of the budget, is starting to make me believe that this whole inappropriate behavior thing could've been a factor. Maybe not the whole cause of the absence of Jack, but you can imagine the complaints that came to City Hall by people (and parents!) witnessing the randy behavior of their fellow parkgoers.

But of course you guys are also right that this article has some blatant errors and that this reporter needs to get their fact-checking hat on.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Not So New Member

The actual article the KTLA report was taken from in on the San Diego Union -Tribune website
    disney lady

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast