Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Flashing Girls Prompt Disneyland to Can 'Jack Sparrow' Actors

Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    Wait so if I start flashing on IASW then will they get rid of it WILL THEY?
    I think it's pretty much been established (for those who were paying attention) that flashing has not and will not lead to anything being removed.

There for all flashing in DLR is for purely recreational purposes.

• Mrs. J. Depp

It shames me to be a girl sometimes when so many girls are nasty and inappropriate all the time and especially at a family place.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    It shames me to be a girl sometimes when so many girls are nasty and inappropriate all the time and especially at a family place.
    The comments in this thread actually got me thinking about this a lot. My wife and I have had several conversations about it actually and I'm noticing a trend. Guys have their fair share of inappropriate behavior as well... but I'm noticing that at concerts (be the celebrity male or female) it's the girls pushing and screaming right in the front and in tears. When Robert Pattinson walks by it is the girls screaming "Edward bite me!" as if he really is Edward. When Jack Sparrow walks by, it's the ladies being really inappropriate towards him openly and loudly sometimes.

Please don't think I'm excusing guys, because I'm not... I have heard plenty of really foul and inappropriate things from guys at Disneyland.

The difference is... the guys seem to be a little more, um, quiet about it. My wife thinks it is because guys have been accused of this kind of behavior for so long and so often for so many things that it gets hidden better and she thinks that girls get this mindset of "it's not bad if I do it because I am a girl."

Discussion? With respect to situations at the resorts?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about when I complain about marketing seeming to be making the decisions. Smart if you're dealing with movies... BAD BAD BAD if you are dealing with a theme-park.
    Agreed. I wonder what is going to happen if sales on Cars merchandise starts rapidly dropping off? Will Disney regret Cars Land?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Looks like Jack Sparrow won't end up getting the booty.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Looks like Jack Sparrow won't end up getting the booty.
    true... but he was gone in a flash!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

The comments in this thread actually got me thinking about this a lot. My wife and I have had several conversations about it actually and I'm noticing a trend. Guys have their fair share of inappropriate behavior as well... but I'm noticing that at concerts (be the celebrity male or female) it's the girls pushing and screaming right in the front and in tears. When Robert Pattinson walks by it is the girls screaming "Edward bite me!" as if he really is Edward. When Jack Sparrow walks by, it's the ladies being really inappropriate towards him openly and loudly sometimes.

Please don't think I'm excusing guys, because I'm not... I have heard plenty of really foul and inappropriate things from guys at Disneyland.

The difference is... the guys seem to be a little more, um, quiet about it. My wife thinks it is because guys have been accused of this kind of behavior for so long and so often for so many things that it gets hidden better and she thinks that girls get this mindset of "it's not bad if I do it because I am a girl."

Discussion? With respect to situations at the resorts?
    I would say case by case basis... it really depends on the individual and the situation because everyone will project/react differently. However... there are certain things that are age/sex specific... where a certain age or sex can say it but if the opposite were to try it it wouldn't work. You saw this all the time on Jungle!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Agreed. I wonder what is going to happen if sales on Cars merchandise starts rapidly dropping off? Will Disney regret Cars Land?
    Entirely possible, which is why I worry about all the Cars shorts coming out over the next little while. They need to just drop cars... let people forget about cars... pretend they don't know about cars at all... until 2011 when the movie comes out... and then not do a MASSIVE merchandise push until 2012 when the land opens up. Then they can re-release the movie to theaters, do a big merch push and open the land all at once and after a few months, pull back to just normal levels. Limit the cars stuff to that area of the park... don't saturate tv or stores with it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

...I'm noticing that at concerts (be the celebrity male or female) it's the girls pushing and screaming right in the front and in tears. When Robert Pattinson walks by it is the girls screaming "Edward bite me!" as if he really is Edward. When Jack Sparrow walks by, it's the ladies being really inappropriate towards him openly and loudly sometimes.
    Yup. But it was ever thus. Remember the girls going nutzo for the Beatles? The Monkees? Hell, Davy Jones had his arms ripped off by souvenir-seeking females so many times that he kept a closetful of prosthetics. And how about that Warner Bros. cartoon where Chicken Rancher Porky got Bing Crosby Chicken to sing, which made the Lady Chickens swoon so much that they laid mountains of eggs in three seconds?

Sixty-five years ago it was Bing, today it's Pirates. Why else do you think Swab hasn't been around? It's tough to text when you're locked in a babe's closet with your wrists duct-taped to your feet.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The Monkees? Hell, Davy Jones had his arms ripped off by souvenir-seeking females so many times that he kept a closetful of prosthetics.

WOW! Davy Jones was a Monkee? I always thought that was Davey Jones.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    In all honesty, I think this is a matter of the reporter taking liberties and stretching the truth. Brandon didn't lie in his previous article, he's still an honest guy.

Someone 'leaking' false information like Obama in the Lincoln attraction.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    WOW! Davy Jones was a Monkee? I always thought that was Davey Jones.
    Pirate puns, matey. Pirate puns.

(HMF be needin' more grog.)
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Why can't disney create a sexy girl character that the guys can complain about and flash =(

• Mrs. J. Depp

Why can't disney create a sexy girl character that the guys can complain about and flash =(
    I'd hate to get all the resident princess/pixie obsessers involved, but I think they would all beg to differ!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Far too curious

What? Tinkerbell isn't enough?

I've heard a rumor of Jessica Rabbit being in the park for a very brief amount of time a while back...but I honestly kind of doubt it's true.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast