Current Crowd Levels

I am curious if anyone has noticed a decline in attendance since DL converted to its holiday decor? My family (10 of us) will be there Thursday through Sunday and I am wondering if it is as crowded as it was say two years ago during the holiday season.

Thanks to all...

• We Want The Redhead

Re: Current Crowd Levels

I was there last Friday and last Sunday (12/5 & 12/7). I was especially surprised how busy the place was Friday, even in the early afternoon. Not wall to wall, but very busy none the less.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• no flash photography...

IDK, wednesday 12/03/08 was wonderful. Very light crowds. It seemed busy when we first got there, but once everyone fanned out it was the perfect day.

Weekends are usually busier. Also, the closer to christmas it gets busier.

• =)

I can't say for this year, but I went on a weekday around this time last year, and it was the emptiest I've ever seen the park.

I was at DLR Sunday Dec 7th. Crowds were definitely there, but they were managable. Then too it was the weekend of Candlelight Procession.
    The monday before Thanksgiving this past Nov was the busiest Id seen it in a very long time. It was so crowded it was almost impossible to navigate anywhere.

• Senior Minion

I'd guess it's slightly down from two years ago, but it won't be enough to notice. I'd guess it'll be pretty busy this weekend but it shouldn't be terrible, especially if you know how to take advantage of Fastpasses.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I was there yesterday. I was counting on it not being too crowded because it was cold and also the park closed at 6 PM. Wrong. I found it to be very crowded. I am planning to go again tomorrow (trying to get in as much as possible before I'm blocked) and I hope that middle of the week will be better.

• Senior Minion

Unfortunately it will probably be busy next week too even during the week as it gets closer and closer to APs being blocked.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Smile Re: Current Crowd Levels

As always, you have all been most helpful...Thanks.

• no flash photography...

keep in mind everyone has a different idea of what crowded is. I normally go on Saturdays...so even a a crowded Wednesday for some would be a walk in the park for me....

Yesterday (Monday) was rather crowded... today was much much better. today, we literally walked onto Indy, both Mountains, Matterhorn, and Buzz...Nemo was as usual busy and crowded...

PS: this is our first time at any theme park, so we are no crowd experts... any line longer than a typical grocery store line seems long to us... but comparing yesterday to today... we loved today, specially with 2 little ones, who like the rides, but dont like the lines...

I am thinking waits of longer than 45 minutes on the major attractions. I am very fluent in FastPass, and do use it to my advantage, but I also enjoy just jumping in the normal ques and waiting my turn. Either way, can't wait. No better place to be during the holidays! To top it off, we will be celebrating my Grandmother's 78th while we are there.

• Wilderness Explorer

Congrats to your Grandmother on her 78th! Make sure to get her a free button at City Hall. I wonder if they would do something special for that kind of milestone? If not...maybe 80?