Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Which Ride Would You Next Like To Receive A Holiday Overlay?

Absolutely love the original and holiday versions of the Haunted Mansion and IASW! The seasonal versions add a lot of spice to the holidays. Though, I'm glad that the original versions are up for all to experience most of the year, each year.

I have a ride overlay concept that would lend itself to a fantastic holiday experience. I am listing it below, along with a description of what a holiday version might entail -

Peter Pan Holiday Flight - Christmastime In Neverland -
    Guests would soar above Londontown in gondolas that are decorated in old fashioned Christmas ornamentation. London would be covered with fresh snow. The buildings and streets would shimmer with hliday decorations, lighting and holiday magic. Big Ben and London Bridge would be covered with spklendorous ornamentatioin. Carolers would chime out Christmas carols.

Moving along to Neverland, we would find a Scroogelike Capn. Hook and his gang of pirates attempting to put an end to the Christmas spirit. To the rescue would enter Peter, tink Windy and her brothers, the Lost Boys and even Santa himself fighting Hook in order to restore the spirit Christmastime.

Please tell me if you would like to see one or more rides receive a holiday overlay (other than those that already exist). Tell me which ride(s). I will be very interested to hear your idea(s).
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Re: Which Ride Would You Next Like To Receive A Holiday Overlay?

I think an easy one would be the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough. Just add a Christmas tree here and there and some wreths and stuff like that and you have a cheap and easy hoilday overlay.

Little things like that will work. A few days ago a thread was published where they should hide a Santa hat on every attraction.

Good idea for a thread Ride Warrior!!!

• =)

First and foremost, I'd like to see HM receive a holiday overlay that doesn't compromise the visual unity, effects, and overall perfection of the original. It'd be totally doable if they nixed the NBC theme and did a more subtle sprinkling of decrepit holiday decorations.

• Senior Minion

Cool thread, I guess I'd most like to see something cool for DCA. Pan sounds cool, but it's already always busy and too low of a capacity for this type of thing I think.

I know DCA's under construction, but it looks sad right now. Last weekend my sister said you just walk into the place and it feels totally mismanaged and I had to agree. I think the two no brainers would be a Christmas overlay for TSMM and WoC as both would probably require that much expense to do other than a lot of reprogramming work. Maybe tie that in with a world class christmas light display throughout PP and it could be a really cool place to be for holiday evenings.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Mrs. J. Depp

Probably Soarin' because it would be easy to make another video to show during the holidays. They could show scenes from snowy mountains and blizzards and tree farms with a pine scent and a sleigh ride with horses. And then at the end, the usual Disneyland Christmas scene.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• always, the freaky cat

Paint the matterhorn green, and turn it into a giant christmas tree?
    Put Santa hats on the dinosaurs in the Primeval World?

Seriously, I can't think of anything I'd want a holiday overlay to, although I admit it is an interesting thought. California Adventure needs something to give it a bit of Christmas cheer, but I can't think of an attraction to get an overlay. Unless they wanted to have a seasonal Christmas show at the Hyperion Theater.

• We Go On.

Enchanted Holiday Tiki Room!

No, seriously. I think it could be cool.

I hope I don't offend anyone...

• Minion

^ NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! A seasonal Christmas show is a BIG NO!!!!! Sorry, but seasonal Christmas shows always remind me of Knotts Berry Farm and other places like that!!! No offense, but I absolutly CAN NOT STAND seasonal Christmas shows. WHEWW!!!

Sorry for that rant there....... couldn't control myself!!!

• always, the freaky cat

Awww, come on! No "Mickey's Nutcracker on Ice" ?
    I saw the show at Knott's once, many years ago. Several times some of the ice skating performers fell down. So, yeah, I only want a Christmas show if it is as high-quality as the Aladdin show.

As for an Enchanted Tiki Room---I'm trying to picture that in my mind, but keep getting a mental 404 error.

• Banned User

I think a Mele Kalikimaka Tiki Room would be cool, with Santa hats on the birds and pineapple lights strung up in the waiting area. They could make palm tree wreaths for the doors and add some christmas lights strung up in the Tiki Room, and have the birds sing assorted Christmas Carols with a tropical twist.

It would be cheaper than HMH or Small World Holiday to produce, and it would boost the numbers for the Tiki Room as well, it's a win-win.

And it wouldn't take very long to put up either, maybe a week or two max. Heck, they could gradually do it and keep the Tiki Room open during the entire overlay process and not piss off the purists, and switch it to the Holiday speil when the resort celebration starts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    ^ NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! A seasonal Christmas show is a BIG NO!!!!! Sorry, but seasonal Christmas shows always remind me of Knotts Berry Farm and other places like that!!! No offense, but I absolutly CAN NOT STAND seasonal Christmas shows. WHEWW!!!

Sorry for that rant there....... couldn't control myself!!!
    What happens if they're done good?

• Minion

Well if it as high quality as the Aladdin show than that is fine.

I was thinking of a Tiki Room overlay and the post by stichon convincecd me completly!!!

• The Dudester

I can't think of any specific rides, but I do think it would be nice, once much of the remodel is done, to have DCA spruced up a bit more for the holidays. I have to believe that once the entrance is re-done much more effort to decorate it for the holidays will occur. I'm glad Santa's beach blast is gone, but I wish something was in it's place. At least you could hear some catchy tunes as you walked by before. Now it's a barren wasteland.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Awww, Santa's Beach Blast rocked! I'm a CA girl through and through and there is nothing like a CA xmas. Sand and Sun and Santa in board shorts? Hilarious!

It would be great to see more decorations in DCA and I'm sure once the refurb is finished for the whole park, Disney will be willing to put some more energy into the decoration.

I like the Enchanted Holiday Tiki Room! Great ideas Stitchon! Mele Kalikimaka is a family favorite in our house.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

When the first opened TSMM, it was mentioned they have the technology to change some of the images in the screens. I'm all for shooting Eater eggs at plates or trying to ring christmas wreaths around the Little Green Men.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast