It's a small world~

When is the exactly time that the IASW area will snowing...

And What is the different between the Christmas tree lighting show and Castle lighting show??

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: It's a small world~

Quote Originally Posted by andyjean View Post
    When is the exactly time that the IASW area will snowing...

And What is the different between the Christmas tree lighting show and Castle lighting show??
    I believe it only snows after the fireworks, but if not it snows when the castle is lit up. Times I believe are 5:30, after the parade and 9:25 after the fireworks.

The tree lighting is when the tree just turns on its christmas lights at night, but it is gorgeous!

and the castle lightingis when the Sleeping Beauty Castle is turned into Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle with the Snow on it and all.

There are alot of people who can explain and help you more. I'm just not feeling good right now.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I thought it snows before the second parade along with the castle/tree lighting, and then after the fireworks?

• That's a lot of look.

There is a tree lighting ceremony at 5pm. I haven't seen it so I don't know what goes on in terms of hoopla and snowfall.

There is a short show on Main Street at 5:30 and 7:30 pm (when the park is open until midnight) where a spoken word bit and song play. The lights along Main Street are darkened. The castle, the tree and the garlands above Main Street glow with different lighting effects as the song plays. Both shows have a short snowfall near the end while the song is playing.

Snow also falls after the fireworks. This happens on Main Street, at the Rivers of America and at Small World plaza.

Hope this helps!

ETA: Back to cover my booty by saying that you should not take these times as gospel. Always ask a CM to confirm show times when you're in the park.
    Last edited by missmonkey; 12-10-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: CYA

Thanks a lot~
    I've seen the Castle lighting show twice already... It was amazing...
    And I'm just curious the Christmas tree lighting tree will be any diffrent..
    cuz when the "castle lighting show", the Christmas tree actually change color too~~

Is ITSW area a good place to watch fireworks?? Because I always thought that main street is the best place to watch firework....
    When the snowfall, It is just so touching and beautiful..

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by andyjean View Post
    Thanks a lot~
    I've seen the Castle lighting show twice already... It was amazing...
    And I'm just curious the Christmas tree lighting tree will be any diffrent..
    cuz when the "castle lighting show", the Christmas tree actually change color too~~

Is ITSW area a good place to watch fireworks?? Because I always thought that main street is the best place to watch firework....
    When the snowfall, It is just so touching and beautiful..
    I prefer to have a view of the castle to see the projections, but many people enjoy small world for fireworks and i believe that it has some projections as well. i haven't tried it myself, but i would recommend it to people who are looking for a different spot and maybe less crowds.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   

I think it snows on the hour (don't quote me) at IASW after dark. It happens when the area goes dark, and a snowflake video is projected on IASW. Then it snows in the area for a couple minutes, then the nutcracker suite video projection usually starts afterwords. It's not as often as the nutcracker video projections, but I want to say it's at least once an hour after dusk. Anyone have better time info?

• We Want The Redhead

The Xmas tree lighting is not all together thrilling. If you're in or near Town Square, you'll hear Jack Wagner Jr. (isn't that his name?) asking all to help with the lighting. We all count from three backwards to zero, yell Happy Holidays' and the tree is lit. No special ligts, no LED snow falling, just the basic lights. That's it!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Banned User

It snows at IASW, Main Street, & ROA at 5:30pm & 7:30pm & during the fireworks.