•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Does this addition to the Opera House spiel confirm Al Lutz's Lincoln rumours??

So the fireworks were cancelled tonite because of the winds.... and so I found myself wandering around. For some unknown reason I wandered into the Opera House just as the Steve Martin movie began. I went in and sat down. The girl working it said the usual crap about the kid riding his bike, yadda yadda yadda, and the bit about no video or pictures, then she added this bit, which I have never heard before:

Ladies and gentlemen, there is also no eating or drinking in the theater. This is to preserve the integrity of the theater. It is the Lincoln Theater, and it has been here since 1964.
    Is this a new addition to the spiel, to remind people of the fact that Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln did once in fact exist at Disneyland? Or was this female Cast Member just ad-libbing? Or have the monkey masters of mediocrity up in the ivory towers of the Team Disney buildings finally pullled the bananas out of their ears? Does this new spiel confirm Al Lutz's "return of Abe" rumors that was in his most recent update? Has anyone else heard this small change before? Has anyone even been in the Opera House to see the movie in the past 2 years? Or is this just more mystery from the monkey masters of mediocrity? Hello?

La lalalalalala
    I'm an executive in the monkey horde of TDA ..
    I can't hear anything you say...
    lalalalalalalalalalaaa

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Does this addition to the Opera House spiel confirm Al Lutz's Lincoln rumours??

Well I believe that Lincoln is coming back no matter what Disney Says, they have lied before.

• When Will It Return?

Re: Does this addition to the Opera House spiel confirm Al Lutz's Lincoln rumours??

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X
    Ladies and gentlemen, there is also no eating or drinking in the theater. This is to preserve the integrity of the theater. It is the Lincoln Theater, and it has been here since 1964.

Does this new spiel confirm Al Lutz's "return of Abe" rumors that was in his most recent update?
    What part of that quote has anything to do with anything Al Lutz said, other than a possible return of Lincoln to the theatre, which has been talked about since before the 50 Magical Years show even opened in 2005? Are we now taking ANY hint of Lincoln coming back as a confirmation of Lutz Almighty?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Halloween 2011

I think she was injecting a little more history into the "50 Magical Years" film and tying it to the lobby display. The Opera House structure served as the original lumber mill to the park during construction, so it has been there since 1954. It first opened its doors to the public in 1961 with sets from "Babes in Toyland". Then from 1963-1964 it served as the headquarters for the "Mickey Mouse Club". Lincoln opened in 1965, and I suppose that they were building the Lincoln Theater before that, making the date of late 1964 technically correct.
    Last edited by dougeebear; 12-12-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: date error

• Minion

We were at Disneyland last night and we saw fireworks....
    Crazy Works For Me!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    What part of that quote has anything to do with anything Al Lutz said, other than a possible return of Lincoln to the theatre, which has been talked about since before the 50 Magical Years show even opened in 2005? Are we now taking ANY hint of Lincoln coming back as a confirmation of Lutz Almighty?
    But Mr. Lincoln was in the theater in 2004, before the 50th film and the current display covered over Walt's office.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    So the fireworks were cancelled tonite because of the winds.... and so I found myself wandering around. For some unknown reason I wandered into the Opera House just as the Steve Martin movie began. I went in and sat down. The girl working it said the usual crap about the kid riding his bike, yadda yadda yadda, and the bit about no video or pictures, then she added this bit, which I have never heard before:

Is this a new addition to the spiel, to remind people of the fact that Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln did once in fact exist at Disneyland? Or was this female Cast Member just ad-libbing? Or have the monkey masters of mediocrity up in the ivory towers of the Team Disney buildings finally pullled the bananas out of their ears? Does this new spiel confirm Al Lutz's "return of Abe" rumors that was in his most recent update? Has anyone else heard this small change before? Has anyone even been in the Opera House to see the movie in the past 2 years? Or is this just more mystery from the monkey masters of mediocrity? Hello?

first off i know exactly which Cm that is and she happenes to be a very good friend of mine. She and I both love Mr. Lincoln and would always mention him in our speils. And the Opera House Spiel is not crap... and it has always been in the spiel that there be no photos or video recording it is only the CMs who dont want to do their job properly that dont say it. I personally have asked serveral guests to leave for refusing to stop recording.

also the Opera house has a multitude of regular guests who come in on a regular basis to see the film.

and I will just say this much... if and when the annual pass center in the bank moves expect the opera house to close for Lincoln's return.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-11-2008, 03:33 PM