Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• All? NO, ALL!

Talking Stuck on Star Tours!

Well, one of the most unbelievable things happened to me on Star Tours yesterday. This is quite hilarious!

So the ride starts as normal, except the small screen on the right shows Rex, but there is no audio. I thought, hmm... no regular audio, but he will surely speak as he is an Audio-Animatronic. Well, the shield comes down, and his "mouth" is blinking, but still no sound. So the entire ride, there was no audio. People were like, what the?! And so everyone played along, and at the right time, some girl in the back yelled, "Red 24, Red 30, follow me." So, unfortunately, I gave into my annual passholder instinct and said, "OK, I've always wanted to do this!" Apparently, everyone on the attraction had been on it before, because people were cracking up and stuff. So at the end, after I yelled, "BRAAAAAAAAAKES!" Everyone was quiet, and perfectly synched up with Rex's blinking mouth, I said, "Sorry folks, I'm sure I'll do better next time," followed by everyone laughing. It was hilarious.

So then, the Star Tours attendant comes in and we tell her there was no sound, and she tells everybody waiting that tried to come in to go back out, and she told us to put an X up with our arms if there was no audio within 15 seconds of the ride. Sure enough, no audio. So the PA in the StarSpeeder turns on, and the CM says, "Sorry everyone, we will be with you in a minute and a half." So, three minutes later, the doors open, she walks in, tells everybody we are going to cabin 3, and then we hear Rex's voice saying something like, "Flight attendant, the attraction is now ready," or something along those lines, obviously a sound test. So that got the audio back on, everyone sits down and gets the normal Star Tours attraction, followed by tons of applause. C-3PO comes on the screen, "We hope you have enjoy--."

We hear the CM's voice interrupting, "Thank you for riding Star Tours! We hope you will tell all your friends about our amazingly awesome incompetence! Have a nice evening here at Disneyland!"

It was certainly a unique experience on Star Tours!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Stuck on Star Tours!

DUDE! Apparently, in space they can hear you scream! Welcome home!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

LMAO! OMG that would have been a total riot!

• All? NO, ALL!

Oh, it rocked. You had to be there!

At about what time was this?

• Minion

LOL that's great!! Especially the CM at the end of the ride!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Well, one of the most unbelievable things happened to me on Star Tours yesterday. This is quite hilarious!

So the ride starts as normal, except the small screen on the right shows Rex, but there is no audio. I thought, hmm... no regular audio, but he will surely speak as he is an Audio-Animatronic. Well, the shield comes down, and his "mouth" is blinking, but still no sound. So the entire ride, there was no audio. People were like, what the?! And so everyone played along, and at the right time, some girl in the back yelled, "Red 24, Red 30, follow me." So, unfortunately, I gave into my annual passholder instinct and said, "OK, I've always wanted to do this!" Apparently, everyone on the attraction had been on it before, because people were cracking up and stuff. So at the end, after I yelled, "BRAAAAAAAAAKES!" Everyone was quiet, and perfectly synched up with Rex's blinking mouth, I said, "Sorry folks, I'm sure I'll do better next time," followed by everyone laughing. It was hilarious.

So then, the Star Tours attendant comes in and we tell her there was no sound, and she tells everybody waiting that tried to come in to go back out, and she told us to put an X up with our arms if there was no audio within 15 seconds of the ride. Sure enough, no audio. So the PA in the StarSpeeder turns on, and the CM says, "Sorry everyone, we will be with you in a minute and a half." So, three minutes later, the doors open, she walks in, tells everybody we are going to cabin 3, and then we hear Rex's voice saying something like, "Flight attendant, the attraction is now ready," or something along those lines, obviously a sound test. So that got the audio back on, everyone sits down and gets the normal Star Tours attraction, followed by tons of applause. C-3PO comes on the screen, "We hope you have enjoy--."

We hear the CM's voice interrupting, "Thank you for riding Star Tours! We hope you will tell all your friends about our amazingly awesome incompetence! Have a nice evening here at Disneyland!"

It was certainly a unique experience on Star Tours!
    Lucky! I to went on ST yesterday, although we had audio. Not that that kept me from speaking along with the ride anyway!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

What a great story! Thanks for the laugh!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Where's Push?

Was this in cabin #4? A few weeks ago it had same problems with the audio.
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Minion

HAHA thats hilarious. Very creepy with the sound off, huh.

• Banned User

Haha that's so awesome. I would've spoken along too
    Last edited by EagleWings; 09-11-2005 at 06:19 PM. Reason: brain fart!

• Official Mice Chat person

That would be a really fun experience, to just hear the movement of the simulator and no sound effects.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

lol, great story!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

What a way to connect with other DL fans. I mean, speaking along with it and NOT complaining? That rocks! Totally Zen! I would have added dialogue. Like "Comets? We don't need no stinkin' COMETS!" and stuff, but still, this was a great laugh!

Peace.
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• All? NO, ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    At about what time was this?
    About 9:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitten
    Was this in cabin #4? A few weeks ago it had same problems with the audio.
    Nope, it was in Cabin 2. Better have George go in there so we can get the attraction updated sooner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast