Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad Going to Disneyland and its raining! :(

I go to disneyland about 4 times a year for i dont even remember how long. But I have never been when it rained (it doesnt rain in so cal ) Well my wife and I are going this saturday and they say its going to rain . we already have everything paid for and planned for that day and cant reschedule. How will the rain affect the park? Will certain rides and attractions be closed? what about the parades? Can anyone give me ideas on what to do on a rainy day at disneyland? Thank you fellow Disney fanatics.

• Following the Second Star

Re: Going to Disneyland and its raining! :(

If it rains the parade will be canceled for the rainy day cavalcade. I don't know about what rides will be closed though, all I know is the teacups are closed. Also characters don't come out.

But remember, this is southern California. When they say it will be raining all day with chances of thunder storms, it usually drizzles a bit. Not all day, just off and on. So I wouldn't worry about it ruining your trip. But if it does rain, bring an umbrella. Disneyland is still fun in the rain, and typically not that crowded.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• I'm not really here

Rainy days are the best to ride grizzly and splash. Because you're already wet =D

Most of the rides operate as normal, you just grin and bear it.

I don't know about the parades, but as usual, the fireworks depend on the wind.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Rain usually isn't a big deal, might mean crowds are down even. Things likely to be closed are the Teacups, and Alice in Wonderland dark ride. Parade and fireworks might be impacted, but overall the main issue is really just the staying dry bit...the rides and the park are still fun even with the rainy weather, and it might scare off some folks, so less of a wait for things.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Alice will be closed. And as for parades you might get a chance to see Mickey's Rainy Day Cavalcade which is basically the characters riding the parade route on an Omnibus.

I don't know where you are coming from. But while it "never rains in Southern California" what may be surprising to some people is that our rainstorms can often be COLD. Temps are expected to rise not much higher than 58 degrees for this particular series of storms that are coming in. Combine this with the dampness and things cab get quite chilly. The nice thing about all this though is when it clears up the mountains should have a beutiful blanket of snow. A wonderful sight if you haven't seen that before!

So dress warm and most of all have fun!

Thats true i didnt even think about how it might be less crowded because of the rain thats a plus. and as for the cold im not worried about that i live in the high desert and its like 30 degrees at night right now, and if i want to see snow capped mts i just look out my window lol. thanks for the input and reassurance that the park will still be enjoyable.

• Grim Grinning

I much prefer Disneyland when it's reaining, I was only there once when it was raining but it was awesome. Lines were super short so it was more enjoyable.

• We Want The Redhead

Disneyland in the rain is FUN. Especially if it starts mid-day. Tens of thousands of people scream out the exits and leave you to the park alone. The CMs stand in front of the attractions and BEG you to ride! It's true! if it in fact starts once you're there, neat little panchos go up for sale at The Emporium.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• I'm not really here

Disneyland is also REALLY beautiful in the rain. It glistens and sparkles. Especially if the sun comes out while things are still wet.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Depending on the level of rain, it can be a great time at the park. A lot of locals tend to stay home so the park isn't as crowded. Even a forecast of good rain seems to keep a lot of people home, whether it rains or not. A little rain and it isn't bad at all. Others here have shared which rides close and I think I've heard that Big Thunder can close during rain, but it depends on how much rain. Not sure about Matterhorn.

The "Rainy Day Calvacade" is cute, but sort of sad if you really wanted to see the holiday parade. Keep your fingers crossed that it hasn't rained enough by the early parade and go see that one just in case the later show isn't running for rain. Fireworks? I don't think they go off in the rain. Fantasmic can though.

The best plan is to just enjoy your day anyway. Take the time to go and see things you don't normally do - like the shows on Main Street, Innoventions, Tiki Room. Enjoy a longer lunch if it's a downpour. And if all else fails, they have ponchos to help keep you dry. (of course, those that wear the ponchos on the indoor rides leaving the seat wet for the next person are one of the things I *hate* about rainy days at DL)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• =)

I like to think I could have a great time at Disneyland if all of the following conditions were met:

* I'm wearing contacts, not glasses.
    * I don't have my DSLR and three lenses.
    * I'm properly dressed to stay warm.
    * I have a change of clothes stored in a dry locker.
    * I have an umbrella.
    * It only rains during the part of the day when I'm wearing tennis shoes. (Long story.)
    * I'm in an even better mood than I usually am at Disneyland.

Unfortunately, the chances of all of these being met are slim. =/ However, perhaps you'll be fortunate enough to be less sensitive than me, like many posters are! And if you are, have a blast!

Do everything you'd normally do, just do it while wearing a raincoat, with water proof shoes and an umbrella. It'll be a great day rain or shine and if it is rainy, expect the park to be less crowded! An added bonus!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• We Want The Redhead

I jus checked, while there was a very slight chance of sprinkles on Saturday, the Weather Channel is no longer predicting ANY precipitation for saturday. Cloudy and cool, but dry.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The Trams running from Mickey and Friends Parking Structure become the Wettest ride in the Disneyland Resort. BLECHHHHH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I jus checked, while there was a very slight chance of sprinkles on Saturday, the Weather Channel is no longer predicting ANY precipitation for saturday. Cloudy and cool, but dry.
    Cool well hopefully the weather scares some people away from going so its not so crowded. i dont mind a few sprinkles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast