Thread: Streetmosphere

• HauntedOne999

Streetmosphere

There has been alot of threads lately about the lack of characters in the parks. I whole heartedly agree that something needs to be done, but I would like to see streetmosphere characters. This type of character can be seen all over WDW from MK to DHS. I think DL should initiate this type of performer to its repetoir. Granted the bands seen all over DL and the Mayor are great but what about other characters?

MK has "Scoop" Sanderson the Main Street Gazette Reporter, from time to time they have had the Mayor's Wife, the Main Street Trolley Party.

and DHS has a multitude of characters up and down Sunset and Hollywood Blvd.

WHY CAN'T DL GET SOME?!?!?!?

A "Jane" type adventuerer character in Adventurland would be great.

The Mayor's Wife and Reporter would be something I would definatly love to see.

Tomorrowland could use a bumbling scientist character with like a cart of gadgets to test on guests.

Frontierland definatly needs Slue Foot Sue, Davy Crockett and maybe even Zorro

and DCA could definatly use the same type of steetmosphere as DHS

Disney characters are nice but original one would be even better and boost each lands theme. does anyone else agree?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Streetmosphere

I agree, Frontierland could do with some movie style cowboys as well, the bank robber and such, and NoS, though decent now, could do with some Haunted Mansion characters perhaps to be out and about. Seeing the Main Street characters I feel would be the most natural fit and best way to start though, with the mayor and such like they have in MK.

• HauntedOne999

Another character group I found from WDW that also is duplicated at DLP is the Suffragettes... I think they would be awesome to see on MS.... More female streetmosphere is by big push... Princesses and fairies are nice but we need more realistic women.

• Senior Minion

I agree too, I'd love to see more streetmosphere. I just think it that with cut backs in the characters in general it's not likely to happen anytime soon. Anytime they need to make a budget cut it seems like any kind of characters are the first thing they cut back on.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Or maybe once in a while there could be a police officer and a jailbird that chase eachother around on Main Street.

• HauntedOne999

here is what MK does:
    The Citizens of Main Street USA
    For the first two songs the Toontown Tuners were playing solo over on the hospitality House side of Town Square. At he end of their second song the Fire Engine pulls up with Mayor and Chief Miller, the Tuners board the Engine and they all ride over to City Hall (as the tuners are playing Hot Time in the old Town Tonight). Upon arrival Chief Miller introduces the whole group which now includes the suffragettes as "the Citizens of Main Street", as the full cast launches into "Down on old Main Street". After the song when \ Mayor Weaver tries to announce for re election the "Main Street Womens Auxiliary" steps up, after their rendition of Sister Suffragette, the Mayor is fine with them getting the vote as long as they vote for him, but when he once again launches into "campaign mode" questions arise about accusations against the mayor of corruption, which he handles humorously with the song "little tin box". When the song ends, he returns to making more typical (but still humorous) campaign promises. Then stumbles on the word Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, so the whole cast helps him with it (in song of course). Following that they close with a short and fitting reprise of "Down on old Main street". The singing citizens then talk with the guests a bit while the tuners march off.