Extreme weather/temperatures at Disneyland?

Anyone know what the hottest and coldest days *ever* were at Disneyland?

Re: Extreme weather/temperatures at Disneyland?

Im not sure about hottest ever, but they say the day the park opened it was an unusually high 101. And they poured asphalt recently and it was so hot that the asphault was soft and womens heels were sinking in to the ground lol

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

At 40 I am a lifelong LA/Orange Countian. I am going to take a guess based on my experience here and say the highest was between 112 - 115 degrees and the lowest was 23 - 27 degrees.

I have no idea if I'm wrong or right but I'm probably pretty close to it. It would be interesting if someone does the reseaerch to see how far off I am.

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

According to some websites the hottest Temp was 108 degrees in 2004 and the coldest was 30 degrees in 1990.

This seems to be confirmed on weather.com for Anaheim...
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    At 40 I am a lifelong LA/Orange Countian. I am going to take a guess based on my experience here and say the highest was between 112 - 115 degrees and the lowest was 23 - 27 degrees.

I have no idea if I'm wrong or right but I'm probably pretty close to it. It would be interesting if someone does the reseaerch to see how far off I am.
    You were close!!! The research really comes from Anaheim highs. I looked for specific Disneyland figures but all seem to come from the temps in Anaheim! I am sure there is a difference.

My guess is that it is usually warmer in DLR than it is outside the park.
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

~Walt Disney~

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Jgooss View Post
    According to some websites the hottest Temp was 108 degrees in 2004 and the coldest was 30 degrees in 1990.

This seems to be confirmed on weather.com for Anaheim...
    After posting I was going to change my high estimate to about 109. So 108 sounds about right.

The low however I'm not too sure about. There are always a couple days at least in the winter when I'm driving to work in Irvine where the temp reads 28 or 29 degrees.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    After posting I was going to change my high estimate to about 109. So 108 sounds about right.

The low however I'm not too sure about. There are always a couple days at least in the winter when I'm driving to work in Irvine where the temp reads 28 or 29 degrees.
    Because temperature can vary from location to location (even as little a city block can have variations of a degree or more), weather records are taken from a single fixed position with the same thermometer every time. This reduces error in the measurements. Historically, before digital, it was taken by the same person each time to reduce error in how different people read and interpret a thermometer.

So while it may have been 28 or 29 where you were when you saw the temperature... the official record sits at 30.

With the advent of modern, networked thermometers being widely used, record keeping doesn't so much use a single fixed position any more, but actually goes by the lowest recorded more often.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jgooss View Post
    You were close!!! The research really comes from Anaheim highs. I looked for specific Disneyland figures but all seem to come from the temps in Anaheim! I am sure there is a difference.

My guess is that it is usually warmer in DLR than it is outside the park.
    It shouldn't be a large enough difference to be a concern.
    The "low" will likely be between 4AM and 6AM. If you wanted "coldest at DL when it was open to the public," that will be quite difficult if no one recorded the temperatures.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I would be very surprised if somewhere at Disneyland there isn't an official thermometer used by the park.

You would think with how sophisticated Disneyland is, someone would have the job of officially monitoring the weather and the highs and lows of the day.

I agree though, Finding the coldest temp when Disneyland actually had guests would be a difficult task indeed.

~Walt Disney~

• Rock Star Minion

Yeah, but someone would have to keep records. An electronic thermometer connected to a PC could do the trick, but the question still remains: Why?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Yeah, but someone would have to keep records. An electronic thermometer connected to a PC could do the trick, but the question still remains: Why?
    Why? Because it's there!

• Banned User

Sunny California gets cold at night in the winter. I remember going to Disneyland as a kid during Christmas time when the park was open late. Around 10pm, standing in line for Big Thunder....wondering if I could get away with mugging somebody for their gloves (I am a SoCal native...never thought I needed gloves). Now I know.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

There's a photo floating around somewhere of the snow they had in Anaheim back in the 50's or 60's. It does get pretty cold every once in awhile.

As for heat, when it's 108 outside, you won't find me anywhere NEAR Disneyland!

• Fireworks Finatic!

I remember it being in the upper 20s to around 30 degrees one morning when I got home from work here in Anaheim at 6am. This was when we had the big cold snap back in January 2006. I remember reading about Magic Mt being in the teens up there with pipes breaking and ice everywhere. Do not think Disneyland had any problems..