Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Just this guy......

Yes, I went to the Capt. EO event and it was also my first date with my wife. We got their early in the morning and had a wonderful time. The most powerful memory I have, other than being with my future wife, is having breakfast at the River Belle Terrace and watching the sun rise over the Riverís of America.

I drove my wife to her place later that day and then drove back to the park to spend some more time there. I think I spent a total of 22 hours in the park.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    Maaaaan, eeeease! I know I make it a point not to trash someone I don't know personally and it would be refreshing to see that of others too. This is totally not the forum to talk about him in, bad or good, but you really should do your research before you form your opinions. Idle gossip is not grounds to form anything but an ignorant opinion. You're talking to someone very informed on the matter and if you take my word for anything, which I'm sure you won't, he's innocent. Until then, chill out. It's not your problem. Back to Disney talk please.

Actually, I felt that is was appropriate to mention him as he was the star of a Disney Attraction, and frankly the WDC through ABC has led the trial of public opinion in this matter. Yet he is innocent till proven otherwise. And there is no reason to use this forum to add to that. All that being said, you seem to have an insight I do not (and I WILL give you the benefit of the doubt as a local resident). I'm not sure if you really know either, but you do have a point that it's not right to make statements till the results are in. Right or wrong, I don't want to offend you, and your point is well taken.

BTW- I wasn't angry, I just have a sarcastic sense of humor.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I know I will probably give away my age (and probably make everyone here feel older than they feel already), but even though I was born and went to DL while Innerspace was around, I honestly don't remember it, and I can't picture DL without Star Tours in that building :P Same thing with Chicken McNuggets; I can't picture the world without them.

But, wow. Those events sound like a blast.

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Actually, I felt that is was appropriate to mention him as he was the star of a Disney Attraction, and frankly the WDC through ABC has led the trial of public opinion in this matter. Yet he is innocent till proven otherwise. And there is no reason to use this forum to add to that. All that being said, you seem to have an insight I do not (and I WILL give you the benefit of the doubt as a local resident). I'm not sure if you really know either, but you do have a point that it's not right to make statements till the results are in. Right or wrong, I don't want to offend you, and your point is well taken.

BTW- I wasn't angry, I just have a sarcastic sense of humor.
    No worries Cousin Orville! Decent of your last reply! BTW if you're really interested in any facts, PM me and I'll give you an excellent link to some good information. Until then I know we can all agree on one thing, Tomorrowland desperately needs better attractions like the ones they had with EO and Star Tours!

• That's Hawt

sorry to derail but Cousin Orville ... your avitar is haunting me! GAHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Santa Barbara, CA

It haunts me too by chanting "Hurrrry baaaaaaaaaack, Hurrrry baaack, be sure to bring your....stock certificate...if you decide to join us.."

My Avitar was Walt in an Ice cube (see my profile) till this one came in and kicked it out. I don't know where it came from, tried to delete it, begged it to go, but it keeps trying to get me to buy a cheaper computer and water down my Scotch. I called Roy and asked him to vote it off my page, but no deal. I'm afriad if I finally delete it, a Bob Iger one will pop up. That could be worse..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    sorry to derail but Cousin Orville ... your avitar is haunting me! GAHH!
    Good lord....no kidding!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    OH MY GOSH!!! I THOUGHT NOBODY ELSE REMEMBERED THOSE!!!

P.S. First post. Hi

BUT OH MY GOSH YES I WAS THERE!!!

My Dad dropped usof at Disneyland at about 7pm after a full day of Junior High I used my AP to get into DL. My friend, who paid to get in, and I waited two and a half hours to see Captain EO. We got into the pre-show area, got our vouchers for the free t-shirts that glow in the dark, and then got into the theater and made our way to the last rows against the back wall. It blew us away. In the back there was a group of people that were just milling about between showings and staying in the theater to see as many showings as they could. They asked us to join them but we were like "No that's okay" We dashed down Main Street to the exit area of lincoln where we collected out Captain EO t-shirts and spent the rest of the night wandereing around bleary eyed and hungry until my dad picked us up at the Disneyland Hotel Monorail Station the next morning at 11:00 am.

For Star Tours, same drill different friend. We waited roughly an hour and a half to ride the first time. The line stretched down Main Street and into Tommorowland. My dad and his wife showed up later and we rode again, this time waiting two and a half hours. They took off and left us there to enjoy the night. We rode the train around the park several times and leaving Main Street station at 3 am, we saw people still coming into the park here and there. There were people all over the park trying to find a nice place to nap for a little bit. The Peoplemover (sigh) was a great place to snooze. Security would nudge people and tell them to wake up and move along. I rode Big thunder Mountain at 6 am that following day. Weird. Again we were picked up across the street at the hotel.

Good times. good times

I remember a TON more. It's late though and I am too tired to write more right now.

• Waiting for the monorail

Tinkerbell, I have to say that after someone settles two molestation suits they are starting to look guilty in my book and thats before I read the grand jury testimony at The Smoking Gun website. Now we have number 3 going to court.

I remember when the first settlement went public I knew we'd lose Captain Eo. That was a much better film, even today, than HISTA.

I was there for Both, I don't have too many memories of the Eo event. I I have distinct memories of Star Tour. I remember the line down mainstreet when we got there and as we came into the hub the lazer star tours logo all over the hub (when it moved it made me dizney. My girlfriend and I slept in the Main Street Cinema, the whole place was a flop house they finally kicked us all out. We also slept in the entry/waiting area of the Country Bear Jamboree. We left when the sun came up and found the parking lot full of campers. We went home slept and drove back to the park.
    I still have my wristband!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12