Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Lightbulb PeopleMover Idea

PeopleMover...

I thought of this cool idea for the PeopleMover back in Tomorrowland!!! How about they rip out HISTA and replace it with the queue fo the PM. Then there could be stops at the Tomorrowland Terrace and at the Main Entrance of Tomorrowland. So there would be 3 stops, but only one load area. The track would take guests out of the load area, through Space Mountain, the Pizza Port, the Innoventions Building, then to the first stop and the Tomorrowland Terrace. After that, it would circle the Orbitron thing (hopefully Astro Orbitor will be put back up there) and out to the main entrance. There would be another stop there and then it would go back out and into the load area through the upper section of the Star Traser and StarCade. That way there is alot more scenery and where places there isn't scereny, there could be some scenes and AAs of different discoveries that have been made about space.

By the way....... I will start putting posts up at different times that all tie in with the space theme that Tomorrowland should go with. One of them is the Autopia Redo I posted a few days ago.

Anyway........... put your ideas here on this thread!!!!!

• We Go On.

Re: PeopleMover Idea

Here's my idea: With the refurb that Tomorrowland will most likely be getting after DCA's huge overhaul, there is a rumor that there may be second level walkways. If that is so, have the entrance to PM and Astro Orbitor (on top of the station) be accessible from there. I'm not very keen on the "stops" idea. The Peoplemover never stops, that's the one thing about the ride that makes it very unique. From the minute you enter the queue and onto the load platform and finally on the ride, you never really stop completely in the process. The Peoplemover is meant to be a tour of Tomorrowland, and the ride would be a good length without the stops (or "exit platforms"). Besides, Tomorrowland isn't that big. It takes longer to travel segments of the ride than to actually walk to those destinations which are very close in reach.

• When Will It Return?

Here's my idea: Put it back the way it was. If the tunnels that were used can't be used anymore, make the necessary adjustments either to the tunnels or to the track layout.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I like the idea of the second level walkways-I think it will add more vibrancy (is that a word?) to TL which it sorely lacks.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

The second level walkways are a brilliant idea, especially if the Starcade 2nd level is reopened and the Astro Orbitor is put back on top of the PM load are. It could add the life that is lacking in Tomorrowland today.

• Animation Domination

I don't think it's a good idea to rip out HISTA, it's just needs some new replacement. Why did Captain EO leave after a decade and we still have HISTA. Maybe Disney will remove HISTA next year? Who Knows.
    Incredibles PeopleMover anyone.

• Banned User

stops for the PM? not needed or justifyable. Bring it back, but updated with ideas taken from Wall-E (dont theme the ride after Wall-E though). I've already posted my ideas about Tomorrowland and the PM, as many of you already know. They need to involve the geniuses at Pixar in the Tomorrowland overhaul.

Good idea!
    Bring back the Peoplemover.
    And of course the rocket jets need to go back up where they belong.
    They should resemble the Orion space vehicle.
    Let's bring Back the Future.

• HauntedOne999

whatever is done to PM I hope that it is done kinda like the TTA in MK... have vignettes along the track and make a story to for it... like a nod to Horizons, World of Motion, or Carousel of Progress... TL needs attractions that give s sense of the future and that there is a great big beautiful tomorrow.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Walt Disney Fan

I like your idea of where to put it but I don't think it should stop.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

A CM told me that rumor was an Incredible theme. Those egg-things would be the cars.

• Minion

Really bc I heard it was gonna be like the WDW people mover with a ceilimg to it and no roofs on the cars!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Here's my idea: With the refurb that Tomorrowland will most likely be getting after DCA's huge overhaul, there is a rumor that there may be second level walkways. If that is so, have the entrance to PM and Astro Orbitor (on top of the station) be accessible from there. I'm not very keen on the "stops" idea. The Peoplemover never stops, that's the one thing about the ride that makes it very unique. From the minute you enter the queue and onto the load platform and finally on the ride, you never really stop completely in the process. The Peoplemover is meant to be a tour of Tomorrowland, and the ride would be a good length without the stops (or "exit platforms"). Besides, Tomorrowland isn't that big. It takes longer to travel segments of the ride than to actually walk to those destinations which are very close in reach.

I believe the "stops" he was alluding to would be transfer points that would take advantage of the same sort of load/unload that HM, PM and ATIS use, with a moving belt next to the vehicle.

PM was not just supposed to be a tour of Tomorrowland, but a hint of transportation of the future. In that case, I could see the PM actually having "stops" that actually allowed people to go from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland (near the Matterhorn entrance).

My idea for a new PM is more like "tomorrowland's trolley system" and each cab would have a little LCD screen in them (much like monsters) that not only would provide video of what ride/shop or what have you that your crossing through, but also provide "futuristic commericals" for the city of the future.. funny stuff, nods to the past, that kind of thing.. I can totally see a Rocket Rod commerical mentioned someplace in the course of the ride.

I personally think it would be a lot charming than turning them into Incredib-eggs.

• Planning my next trip

Quote Originally Posted by AnimationGuy View Post
    My idea for a new PM is more like "tomorrowland's trolley system" and each cab would have a little LCD screen in them (much like monsters) that not only would provide video of what ride/shop or what have you that your crossing through, but also provide "futuristic commericals" for the city of the future.. funny stuff, nods to the past, that kind of thing.. I can totally see a Rocket Rod commerical mentioned someplace in the course of the ride.

I personally think it would be a lot charming than turning them into Incredib-eggs.
    Sounds like a wall-e ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast