• Loves Disney

Tips For New Years eve/New year

My girlfriend and I are thinking about heading the Disneyland for New year eve/ New year and wanted to ask for help on what we should do. How early should we show up and is it possible to by tickets in advance? We do not have annual passes and are even considerate ting to if advance tickets are not available. I was telling her that we both may have to be there at opening. We are not really planing on going attractions just more wanting to be somewhere inside Disneyland for the new year celebration. I would love to hear Suggestions or what people have done in past years for that day please.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Tips For New Years eve/New year

I don't think you can lock up the tickets for that day. You need to get there early plain and simple to guarantee admission. Sounds like a great way for you 2 to celebrate, just make sure you are there in the morning. Nothing like seeing the park closed to new guests to ruin your New Year's eve.

Have fun!!

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, just get there early, plan on staying the entire time and have a BLAST!

We've done a few of the NYE celebrations at the Park. We also did DCA last year just for kicks.

Good times!

Oh, and BTW, don't even think about asking how to avoid the crowds!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Everybody always says to get there early, but to be honest, we've rarely ever made it on NYE before 2 or 3, and we've never been denied entry. Just to be safe, if you're worried about such things, plan on getting there by lunchtime. Also plan for heavy crowds and long lines for rides and food. All day. As long as you know what to expect, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

I was there last year for the first time on NYE's and didn't find it too bad at all. Of course there were high winds which cancelled fireworks so I did see a lot of people leaving. I did end up leaving around 10ish so didn't witness how things got once the NYE festivities started, but I did get my noisemaker and NYE hat.

• Loves Disney

Thanks for the information all. Once inside if we leave and get a hand stamp are we quarantine re entrance? We are planing on having lunch and dinner in downtown Disney instead of the park and re entry though monorail entrance.

• Rock Star Minion

Don't go!!

Ignoring that obvious advice:
    1. Get there early. Park opening.
    2. Don't leave. If the park is full, the fire marshal will not let you re-enter until enough people leave. you'll stand in the re-enter line for possibly a long time.
    3. Nap on a bench.

Certainly buy tickets in advance if possible. Online. One less line to get into that day. But do note that you can't buy tickets for a specific day (though it's been debated around here that NYE should be a special closed event, to make Premium AP holders pay for the privilege of being packed like sardines).
    AP'ers do not get any special privileges on Fire-Marshal-crowded days. I think they're last on the list, actually.

You'll get pretty tired making out all day. Do the FastPass circuit and go on some attractions.
    Last edited by sediment; 12-15-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    Thanks for the information all. Once inside if we leave and get a hand stamp are we quarantine re entrance? We are planing on having lunch and dinner in downtown Disney instead of the park and re entry though monorail entrance.
    get the handstamp for sure if you leave the park during the day, because it will give you priority over people who haven't been in yet if they sell out, but if it gets packed enough they may have to stop letting in EVERYONE (including handstamps), so i wouldn't advise leaving the park too late in the game.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)