Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unigue way to tell my parents im paying for the family to go to Disneyland

So this Christmas my sister and I decided that we were going to pay for the family to go to Disneyland. Since we are both older and out of the house we do not get to go on many family vacations anymore. We use to go to Disneyland about twice a year from 1990-2002 but haven’t made it out there since 2005. So we came up with the idea of taking them.[/font]

I was wondering if anyone could help us out with giving this gift to the family on Christmas. We want to give it to them in unique way instead of just opening it as present. I was thinking of maybe a riddle or game of some sort.

So if you have any ideas on how I could do this I would greatly appreciate it.[/font]

Thanks Jungle Skipper
    Last edited by Jungle Skipper; 12-15-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelled words wrong

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Unigue way to tell my parents im paying for the family to go to Disneyland

I'm going to steal an idea I saw posted here on MC previously...How about getting everybody Mickey Ears with their names on them and give those as a gift...along with the tickets?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Well I am not sure how technological advanced you are but if you could set up a video, I think that would be pretty neat...like lets say you're watching some sort of Christmas type of cartoon and then you edit to display the gift ;p

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I'm going to steal an idea I saw posted here on MC previously...How about getting everybody Mickey Ears with their names on them and give those as a gift...along with the tickets?
    I was about to tell you that before I scrolled down and saw it already written. That is a very cute idea.
    You could also get one of those really big Mickey dolls I've seen everywhere and sneak him under the tree with a card around his neck explaining your gift. When they come back for presents they'll notice him and think WHAT'S MICKEY DOING HERE???? It would be fun!

You are so sweet to take them as a gift. Have fun surprising them!

• Haunted Mansion Lover

You could play the hotter-colder game. My dad when I was little would always hide one gift somewhere special and play that game to find it.

Or you can get tshirts made with your family name and when they all open them say we need these for when we go to Disneyland this year!
    Foolish Mortal

• Banned User

This past summer, my parents took our entire family to Disneyland. It too, was a Christmas present. The way they told us was by giving everyone a large envelope with a letter in it, like a "D" or an "L", etc. We had to lay the letters on the floor and unscramble them to get the message. Everyone got a letter which ultimately spelled out "Disneyland 2008". After we had it spelled out, they told us their plan! It's a cheap, easy, and fun way to tell them!

• Hello

Cool Re: Unigue way to tell my parents im paying for the family to go to Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    This past summer, my parents took our entire family to Disneyland. It too, was a Christmas present. The way they told us was by giving everyone a large envelope with a letter in it, like a "D" or an "L", etc. We had to lay the letters on the floor and unscramble them to get the message. Everyone got a letter which ultimately spelled out "Disneyland 2008". After we had it spelled out, they told us their plan! It's a cheap, easy, and fun way to tell them!
    That is genius!

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Thats an awesome Idea, I think I may use it for the annual passes I got my family this year
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I think it would be cute to maybe have a puzzle made that says "we're going to DisneyLand!" and let them unscramble it. You can get those made at Walmart photo centers.

Or....how about wrapping one of those DisneyLand vacation planning dvds? When they open it, it'll make them think for a second.

How about buying a small piece of luggage and putting either Mickey mouse or the dvd in there? That'll really drive home that dvd!

Maybe box up a Disney Christams ornament for each person along with the ticket, or an IOU. In future years, when they are added to the tree, everyone will remember the generous gift you gave and the fun they had.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    I love this idea!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

You all have such creative ideas!

If you have a family photo from the last trip, you could always frame it and add a caption about the next family trip to Disneyland.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• "I Break Things"

don't tell them... simply tell them they are all driving/flying out for a California vacation and surprise them when they get out here!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Once, some close friends of mine gave me a gift that became a treasure hunt through their apartment. I opened the box to find another wrapped box inside, which had a piece of paper inside telling me where to look for the next clue, until the last clue pointed me to my present. Honestly, I don't even remember what the present was, I just remember the fun of trying to find it.

Set up a Pepper's ghost display of the tickets, actually that would probably be slack But then give it to them after. (I'm obsessed with the effect all of a sudden)

But maybe what techskip said and just say you're going for a drive to Cali and just surprise them when you get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast