Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: 12/11-14 Whoa! It's Another Christmas Trip: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

Yay for the weirdness of KC's TR!! Gotta love it!! Can't wait for more!!

• Goofy

great pictures thanks.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Angry Re: 12/11-14 Whoa! It's Another Christmas Trip: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Hmmmm, A Kuzcochik trip report?

Internet: Hey Melonballer! Do you want to read another Kuzcochik trip report?
    Melonballer: DO I!!

(Sorry but I don't know anyone else who would appreciate the Freakazoid homage more than KC)
    Holy cow melonballer, that comment just made my night. Like I literally lol'ed

And I think it's the perfect segue to Friday.
    Because the first part of Friday was not spent in Disneyland.
    It also wasn't spent at another park
    It was spent at a studio

Friday morning Darking Chuck and I drove over to Hollywood to partake in the Warner Brother's Studio tour. We had wanted to do something different this trip and had originally planned to go b/c they had the Pushing Daisies sets up (mind you we planned this before they cancelled my show).
    Anyway, we got to the studio in the morning and our tour started at like 11:45

Our first stop was some ofthe backlot streets. We went inside a building that was used in Yes, Man, Don't Mess with the Zohan and (most importantly) Pee Wee's Big Adventure It doesn't look like much though

Some shots of the street

For my fellow Daisies fans, they use shots of this street for Emerson Cod's office

The iconic Water Tower

We got to go to the Warner Bros museum but unfortunatly they didn't let us take pics. There were tons of costumes: Dark Knight, Supernatural, Superman Returns, Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Mars Attacks. They had some models from Corpse Bride that were fantastic
    It was here, however, that we learned the devastating news that they had taken down the Pie Hole set from Pushing Daisies the day before. I nearly cried. The tour guide talked to us about it for a while too. It was just kind of depressing, like a definitive sign that all hope is gone (wow that got emo!)

On a less upsetting note, the tour guides all converged and started talking about how the Bat Tumbler had driven through the lot. So we jumped back on the cart and took off.

The guides were right and we came upon the Tumbler

Darkwing Chuck w/ the tumbler

And me w/ the Tumbler (btw: the people at the studio loved that I had an Animaniacs shirt... I like the rock it old school )

Speaking of Animaniacs love...

We drove around the studio
    Saw a bunch of people doing a run thru for ER (which would be cool if I cared about ER) and saw the remains of the Pie Hole... (an empty set w/ a single PH sign left )

We then got to see the "garage"
    Bad Treds

the batmobile from that crappy bat movie we don't mention

The bat pod... apparently we were one fo the first groups to get to see it b/c it had just been brought in that morning

The Mark 5 from that movie that I think only my mom and I saw in theaters

After driving past Ellen's part of the studio and seeing the set of the Mentalist, we got back to the studio store and our tour was over. all and all it was a lot of fun (aside from the obvious sadness). We then went off and spent tons of moola on Daisies merchandise and such

Yeah... I can't help it! I love that stupid water tower (I forgot to mention: at one point our tour guide told us that the water tower is a historic landmark and is not allowed to be torn down... Darkwing Chuck and I both wanted to tell him they also can't tear it down cause there are Warners living in it... oh the nerdiness)

Sadder yet is Animaniacs music came on my iPod as I typed this up

The Bugs & Daffy Statues outside had us signing the theme song to "The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show" You know
    "Overture Curtains Light
    This is it Tonight's the Night" and so on

We're kinda weird

Also, let it be known, I love Bugs Bunny. He is one of my cartoon idols

Then there were more gratuitous Water Tower Shots

Zany to the Max

Ashamed of my own Fangirl-ness

Maybe if I try hard enough I can get in!

I really am a total Disney girl, but I can't help loving Warners (mostly for their animation... though they don't really do much of that anymore)

We decided to head over to the El Capitan to check it out and see if there was any cool studio store stuff
    I was amazed at how clear the Hollywood sign was

Creepy Hollywood character people

Random Mermaid conservation sign

I love that the garlands at the El Cap had Bolts in it

Looking at the cast for A Christmas Carol, Chuck and I decided we really need to try to get back to see it!!!

Some random Chinese Theater pics... I never ever see it during the day

Finally we made it back to Disneyland. We ate Dinner at the DCA Winery (I never remember the name of the place) which was good and then high tailed it over to Dl to wait for Fantasmic. The parks were crazy and we later found out it was because it was the last day for SoCal passes before the holidays... or something like that.

Have I mentioned I adore Fantasmic? Cause I really do!
    Mickey started us off on an amazing journey into his Imagination!

I love mid-air Peter Pan, though I wish this pic hadn't come out so blurry :\

High flying action! (we ended up laughing through much of the show about how over exaggerated Peters expressions and gestures are)

My only good Princess pics were of Belle and Beast

I think this is one of my fave pics. I just love how Belle is position in that "should I trust you" kind of apprehensive way...

The side of Ariel

Turn my hair to White! (i like this one a lot too)

A not so Brave Little Tailor Mickey (you'd be scared too if a big Dragon on a stick was coming after you)

My favorite part of this picture is the Twain CM t the very bottom left. He cracks me up for some reason

The characters relegated to the back of the Twain

I love Sorcerer Mickey going crazy at the end of the show

He's so energetic

Some imagination, huh?

E'SPLODE!!!!

And with the explosion of the Mouse, we bring Friday to a close. I'll be back with Saturday's fun tomorrow

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Yet another wonderful installment from one of the Trip Report Masters on MiceChat.

I've been sneaking some peeks at your photos ahead of time, but they're so much better with your TR commentary. And I love that both you and Darkwing_Chuck dressed appropriately for the WB Tour. LOL!

I'm sorry to hear about Pushing Daisies though and that you didn't get to see the Pie Hole. That does suck.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Looking at the cast for A Christmas Carol, Chuck and I decided we really need to try to get back to see it!!!
    Looks like an amazing cast!I think Christopher LLoyd would make a good Scrooge, but I wouldn't mind seeing him as the Ghost of Christmas Past.

"Great SCOTT! When you threw that pineapple at old man Tanner, Ebenezer, you hit Biff on the head, thus causing a rift in the Space/Time Continuum!"

Great TR! I've enjoyed reading it a lot! Can't wait for more!
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• always, the freaky cat

An awesome trip report! I grew up in Burbank and saw the WB water tower nearly every day ... though never as up-close as you (I never took the tour). I would be very sad if it ever were to disappear!

Fun report and great pics. I would have to guess that the song is from the classic Barenaked ladies holiday album, specifically the "Christmas Pics" song but thats just a shot in the dark.
    If you liked the above posting then my name is Joel. If you didnt my name is Julie and I work on the monorail.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Love how we were in California the same weekend, again! Narf! I'll have to post some pics, too. I went on the WB tour a couple times, but it's been at least 5 to 7 years since the most recent tour. Both times we had an opportunity to see a show being taped later that night. Although you have a better chance at that, if you take a tour the day they are taping shows.

Paramount Studios, just a few blocks south of Hollywood blvd also has a has a nice tour - that studio is small than WB, so it's a walking tour, instead of a "golf cart" tour. Saw an episode of Entertainment Tonight being taped on the tour. I've been tempted to check out the Sony Studio tour also, but haven't done it yet.

If you haven't watched tv show being taped, that's kind of fun, too - especially if it's a sit com that you like. Those tickets are free, but for more popular shows, you have to get tickets in advance. (Audiences Unlimited usually distributes the majority of those kind of tickets) You've probably seen the line up for the Jimmy Kimmel show, next to the El Capitan Theater. The Tonight Show is quite often looking for an audience, too. Just a few idea for future trips.

• Time Travel Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    "Great SCOTT! When you threw that pineapple at old man Tanner, Ebenezer, you hit Biff on the head, thus causing a rift in the Space/Time Continuum!"
    Okay, so being the huge BTTF nerd that I am (as previously mentioned in the pics from day 1), and also having an obsession with pineapples, that just totally made my day.

Kudos to you good sir.
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Chuck View Post
    Okay, so being the huge BTTF nerd that I am (as previously mentioned in the pics from day 1), and also having an obsession with pineapples, that just totally made my day.
    What a nerd....

• Time Travel Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    What a nerd....
    At least I'm not in denial about it, right?
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great TR and it was nice to finally meet you last Sunday

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

It's awesome you got to see the Tumbler, but seeing that "other" car and Mr. Freeze's suit, makes me cringe.

Great F! pics as well. I go crazy over that show too! Keep them comin!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JChapinCP View Post
    Fun report and great pics. I would have to guess that the song is from the classic Barenaked ladies holiday album, specifically the "Christmas Pics" song but thats just a shot in the dark.
    Not the BNL christmas, though I did think to use songs from that.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    What a nerd....
    Lisa! you say that like you didn't know that already!!

And I'll post more pics later tonight when I get home from work

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast