Any ideas when Disney ticket prices will go up? Any warning?

I remember hearing some rumblings that ticket prices may go up in January 2009. DH & I want to get deluxe annual passes when our in-laws visit on January 12, but would be willing to get them sooner to avoid the increase.

Historically, when prices go up, is there any warning given by Disney? Do they announce it a week....day, etc. before it happens?

I know the issue of CA taxing amusement park tickets can be thrown in the mix, too.

Thanks for any advice- intuitive or concrete.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Any ideas when Disney ticket prices will go up? Any warning?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffatu View Post
    I remember hearing some rumblings that ticket prices may go up in January 2009. DH & I want to get deluxe annual passes when our in-laws visit on January 12, but would be willing to get them sooner to avoid the increase.

Historically, when prices go up, is there any warning given by Disney? Do they announce it a week....day, etc. before it happens?

I know the issue of CA taxing amusement park tickets can be thrown in the mix, too.

Thanks for any advice- intuitive or concrete.
    I don't recall any warning before any other rate increases. If you want today's prices, you should buy today.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

In the past, they have announced increasing AP rates prior to actually doing it.

We've received our AP renewal forms prior to the increase announcement and then are still able to renew at the "lower" price.

Kind of a "warning/notice" I guess...

You can always purchase them now online and then not activate them until you actually enter the Park. Costco/AAA also works that way.

Have fun!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

They usually increase prices around September-ish.

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, with the economy the way it is right now, I'd be surprised if they raise prices for awhile.

• Sock Puppet

They just recently raised them.

Hopefully not again until next year, but anything is possible...

I think with their monthly payment AP gimmick just getting started (and already working by getting folks to pony up for a PAP instead of a lesser one), they'll probably wait and see how it pans out before they decide on jacking up the price again anytime soon.

Disney knows that it is a FACT that when folks can pay for something on installments, they don't mind as much what the total amount is, just what the payments are.

And some folks claim that there is no down-side to the payment program...

• DLR Cast Member

It's funny, cause I work at the main gate selling tickets, and I don't even know when they are gonna change prices-- We just notice the new signs on the booths as we walk to punch in and then the leads tell us.

I would bet that prices won't increase any time soon, though, not only because prices went up in August, but also because they just printed a crapload of AP brochures, and they have the current prices in them.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Based on past history, if Disney decides to raise prices, more than likely it would be JUST the one day tickets, and they would go up on Monday, January 5th.

Multi-Day tickets prices are announced in September or October, as the prices need to be printed on Vacation Catalogs for Travel Agents, etc. Not very likely they would go up.

AP prices could also be raised, but I doubt it. If they go up, I would say it is more likely around Spring/Easter Break, based on past history.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks for all of the helpful info. We will be purchasing our tickets on January 12. Keeping my fingers crossed that APs don't go up by then.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fluffatu View Post
    Thanks for all of the helpful info. We will be purchasing our tickets on January 12. Keeping my fingers crossed that APs don't go up by then.
    Why don't you simply purchase APs and tickets right now online, if price increase is that much of a risk?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Why don't you simply purchase APs and tickets right now online, if price increase is that much of a risk?
    If it were only that easy! I won't be able to come up with money for my family's tickets until January 12, hence the wait. Yes, we do plan on buying them through the monthly payment plan, but after Christmas, we are not in a position to cough up $300. We will, however, be able to come up with the funds on the 12th.