Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14

    Disneyland College Program

    Hey guys,
    well this is my first thread so i hope im doing it right well recently i was admitted into the Disney College Program at the DLR!!!!! So i was just wondering if you could tell me a little about the basics of the program, and anything you want really I am an entertainment cast costumer and really dont know what it is. If anyone has been one please let me know more!!!! Will i get tired of it? JUST TO LET ALL KNOW I AM AN OVER OBSSESED DISNEY FREAK!!!! Thanks for all your answers!!!

  2. #2

    • A Weather Eye Open
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,547

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    pretty sure that entertaiment cast costumers take care of the character and performer's costumes and issue them out to the performers. i know there's a whole section for "heads" alone. sorry i can't be more help. college program is kind of like semester abroad, right?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)



  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    yeah, its an intership its ok, you helped

  4. #4

    • Walt Disney Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    453

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    Here I found your job description on the Disneyland College website

    Cast Costuming
    Costuming Cast Member are responsible for interacting with Cast Members by answering questions and providing directions concerning the location and proper wear of over 200 types of costumes, sorts and organizes costumes, sort soiled laundry and operate computerized Costume issue system. This position requires working in warehouse environment. Physical demands include walking, standing, climbing tall ladders and working at heights. Additionally, lifting/pushing costume inventory that may weigh 25lbs or more.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

  5. #5

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    I'm in the WDW CP for Spring 2009

  6. #6

    • Honorary Mermaid.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    418

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    Awwe congratulations!
    and i'm pretty sure it's what twobluestripes says it is, you help the characters with their costumes. Pretty straight forward.



    And I have a question for anyone who can answer.
    Can you apply for the college program if you attend a junior college? Or can you only do it if you go to a....regular.... college?

  7. #7

    • WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    152

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    I am in the WDW Cp Spring advantage 2009. Can't Wait to go. Leave 1/27/09. Good luck with your CP I bet you will have a blast!!

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    430

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    Quote Originally Posted by CastMember08 View Post
    Hey guys,
    well this is my first thread so i hope im doing it right well recently i was admitted into the Disney College Program at the DLR!!!!! So i was just wondering if you could tell me a little about the basics of the program, and anything you want really I am an entertainment cast costumer and really dont know what it is. If anyone has been one please let me know more!!!! Will i get tired of it? JUST TO LET ALL KNOW I AM AN OVER OBSSESED DISNEY FREAK!!!! Thanks for all your answers!!!
    Brenda Andrews is still the manager of the program, I believe. She's good people. You probably got contact info for her when you were accepted. I wouldn't hesitate to call her if you have questions.

  9. #9

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    Quote Originally Posted by jared_dl1209 View Post
    I am in the WDW Cp Spring advantage 2009. Can't Wait to go. Leave 1/27/09. Good luck with your CP I bet you will have a blast!!

    AWESOME!!!! I bet your as excited as i am!!! Good luck with yours too I leave 1/5/08, arriving 1/6/08 Disneyland here we come

  10. #10

    • A Weather Eye Open
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,547

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    Quote Originally Posted by jackskeleton1015 View Post
    Here I found your job description on the Disneyland College website

    Cast Costuming
    Costuming Cast Member are responsible for interacting with Cast Members by answering questions and providing directions concerning the location and proper wear of over 200 types of costumes, sorts and organizes costumes, sort soiled laundry and operate computerized Costume issue system. This position requires working in warehouse environment. Physical demands include walking, standing, climbing tall ladders and working at heights. Additionally, lifting/pushing costume inventory that may weigh 25lbs or more.
    I'm pretty sure that general cast costuming and entertainment costuming is not the same job. they may work together in the same area though! regular old costuming has to do with handling and distributing uniforms for non-entertainment cast members.

    you can find a LOT of information about that job online since they changed the structure of distributing uniforms with the new warehouse, i think I even found an old article by kevin yee on it once.

    but i haven't been able to find any information about the entertainment costuming online, which is a shame because i'm very interested to know what's available in that department in terms of construction and design. so you should let me know!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)



  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    thanks yeah if i find anything i will let you know asap. have you ever applied for a job in disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I'm pretty sure that general cast costuming and entertainment costuming is not the same job. they may work together in the same area though! regular old costuming has to do with handling and distributing uniforms for non-entertainment cast members.

    you can find a LOT of information about that job online since they changed the structure of distributing uniforms with the new warehouse, i think I even found an old article by kevin yee on it once.

    but i haven't been able to find any information about the entertainment costuming online, which is a shame because i'm very interested to know what's available in that department in terms of construction and design. so you should let me know!

  12. #12

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    Hey, i applied to the (DLCP) on November 23rd 2008, but it is January 7th 2009, and havent heard anything back yet, my interviewer told me that i would have to act quick when i received my information. Does anyone know when the start date is for the spring 2009 cast members. I kno i will be in the Hospitality or Retail side. Or does every genre begin at different times?

  13. #13

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Disneyland College Program

    ^ Hmm. I'm not sure what to say. Last year DCPers would start training in Jan. to early Feb.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] 2009 Disneyland College Program
    By ryan88 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
  2. [Question] Disneyland College Program?
    By HelloKimmie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 11:58 PM
  3. [Question] Disneyland College Program
    By jared_dl1209 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 02:28 PM
  4. [Question] Disneyland College Program
    By jared_dl1209 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM
  5. I just got accepted to the Disneyland College Program!
    By Tapdawg in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •