Magic Music Days

Who has taken part in the Magic Music Days program? When? Was it band, orchestra, choir or other? How far did you have to travel to DLR to take part? Any special experiences result besides the obvious of doing your thing in DLR?

For me it was band in the mid/late 80's. We traveled from Visalia, Ca. At that time we always changed into and out of our uniforms on the buses. It was usually co-ed changing and there was never a problem. That is until one parent "discovered" this while we were changing into our gear backstage at DL(DCA didn't even exist at that time). From then on they were very strict about keeping all us sexed up teenagers separated when changing, never mind there had NEVER been a problem or a complaint from any of the actual band members. We all thought it was pretty silly actually. After doing a preformance those uniforms would stink something awful and those buses would just get rank with everyone trying to get changed. We couldn't get changed and off the buses fast enough. Anyone pairing up and fooling around would usually wait to get on the dark rides.
    Last edited by JangoFett; 09-12-2005 at 11:42 AM.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: Magic Music Days

I went twice in the 90's- we took a bus from Mesa, Arizona. We were in 8th and 9th grade and from a conservative area, so there wasn't too much "sexing up" but we were pretty goofy.

The one memory that sticks out its riding Splash Mountain- log after log of us all in a row. One of the guys got out of his log and walked around outside before jumping back in. We also heard from "God" a few times after splashing each other back and forth (we got reprimanded 3 times in once ride). When we got off, we were all soaked from head to toe- strangers took pictures of us and we got pointed at all day ("look, its those kids from Splash Mountain")

Good times- it was a big deal for our Orchestra to get to go and we played out gigs at Carnation Plaza Gardens. Getting to see backstage is what prompted me to do the College Program.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• far, far away from DL

I was there with Marching band in 1993 and 1995 in WDW. It was great. Our band director was a *****. I remember changing into our polyester band uniforms on the bus in the back parking lot. Those uniforms were so hot. We were from Lancaster PA so it took us 24hrs straight on a charter bus. In 1995 at Disney music days my husband asked me to marry him. We were still in our yucky band uniforms. The band parents kept a very close eye on us. They thought we just might do someting, wink, wink. They followed us everywhere! I will never forget magic music days!

Sabrina

• Master of Disaster

every year with the marching band. 1998-2001! a 20 minute drive north. good times though. i allways had fun. and one time i made 2.50 in change while riding its a small world

• Hooterville, USA

We marched down Main Street from It's A Small World. Our band director was a former DL trumpet player, and he used his connections. We got to stay afterwards, and DL gave us ticket books. Must have been a long time ago!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Every year with the marching band, 1985-1988, and once with an orchestra. One year, we even got to go twice, plus the orchestra thing, so that was 3 times in one school year. A very good year, indeed!
    A signature should go here.

my marching band has been invited for the Community Showcase every year. This is going to be my 3RD YEAR!!! we always go on right before the christmas parades so the street sides are filled up with people. the first year it was at night, second time it was in the afternoon. i gotta say doing it at night is a LOT better with all the PRETINESS and lights on. but disadvantage is they move us to this other location so we kant get bak in time to watch fireworks. but OH WELL. it's alwayz a BLAST
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• I won't grow up!

got to go twice my junior and senior year 2000 - 2001. was actually my first and second time going. I went for choir, on busses from Utah. It always cracked me up everytime cause the director was alwaays so excited to get a choir from Utah cause we are so big.
    The first time we went we sang the finalle song from fantasmic and no one had any idea what it was, the night after our workshop we all went and saw fantasmic! not only wass the show compleatly breathtaking but it made the trip even more wonderful that i knew the song. I bought the soundtrack and still listen to it at the daycare where I work - my co-teachers think I am crazy

ahh... the nostalgia

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession