Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Question Disneyland on New Years Eve? (Merged threads)

If I am going to go to Disneyland on New Years eve, what time do I need to be their before they close the gates and say that their too many people?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland on New Years Eve?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    If I am going to go to Disneyland on New Years eve, what time do I need to be their before they close the gates and say that their too many people?
    I have hear some time 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Sock Puppet

There is no set time.

They lock the place down when they reach the guest capacity for that day.

The earlier, the better, I always say.

From past personal experience, they have turned folks away mid to late afternoon, and then again in the early evening.

But that could change in a moments notice...

Why risk it? Show up in the a.m. and enjoy the Park to its fullest.

See you there!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

If the weather is beautiful it could be on 'soft close' by Noon - they have various stages starting with halting one-day ticket sales. Then there are various other things to slow or stop people coming into Disneyland - halting all new ticket sales, to no new admits (readmits only) to "one person goes out, one can come in" to "Forget it, No More." It's a Fire Safety issue, they just plain run out of room to put people.

If the weather is lousy you might be able to walk right in at dusk.

And there is the Rose Parade Factor to consider, they have a big exodus out the gates at about 5 PM - Lots of people are there for the day but leave at dusk, because they are going to or participating in the Rose Parade or Rose Bowl in the morning. Meaning they might close the gates for Disneyland at Noon, but be able to let you in (or to cross over from DCA) at 6 or 7 PM when space frees up.

All the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl participants have Bed Check - if they aren't back at their hotel by Bed Check time, they don't play or march in the morning. They don't want to deal with zombies who tried to stay up all night and then play football or hike the parade route. Or fall asleep on the floats.

Some people can pull off an all-nighter with no problems at all, but most can't. (I used to...)

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Sad Re: Disneyland on New Years Eve?

Iv'e been at Disneyland on New Years for 5 years now. This 2008 Im totally having a different experience in another place.
    Im a disney fan but this year my friends are not taking the risk of the "cancelled fireworks issue"

I was there last year 2007-2008 everything was cancelled Fantasmic, Fireworks due to winds.
    I was there on 4th of July where fireworks where cancelled half show.

So this year no one wanted to go to Disneyland they say it's boring and the park dosen't offer anything spectacular. (Im sad I wont be there)

To bad I'll check here for updates on new years but wish you luck on the firework from being cancelled.

[

I've been going on New Years eve every year since 1999. My advise is if you are wanting to go on New Years Eve, get there early in the morning and enjoy the park for the day. If your having to worry about what time you have to be there and I need to be there by X:XX or else I might not be able to get in, I would advise to skip the park.

One year, I was at the park in the morning and had to leave due to work and when I came back, the gates were closed. Not a good feeling when you want to get into Disneyland and you are stopped at the gates. I was only able to get back in since I was in there earlier with a hand stamp and I had to call a friend in the park, have them come up to the front gate (not an easy task to do that night) and point me out to a cast member to get me in.

So if your going to go, get there as early as possible and try to enjoy the park.

• Goofy

this is going to be my first new years eve at the parks. I can't wait to go. at the same time im nervous.

• Animation Domination

Just stay at Disneyland or DCA don't leave the resort.

We did it last year and boy was it cold and windy! If this cold pattern continues through New Year's it's going to be even colder! Even with the cancellation of fireworks and stuff the experience was fun! Something you have to do once. Not sure if we'll do it again, but again it was fun.

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

I went to Disneyland about 2 years ago for New Years to try it out. It was Pure Madness!!! Getting there early is key, there were people camping out in front of the castle early in the morning. You probably want to get there no later than noon, depending on how busy it gets the park could stop admission. I have never seen it so busy when I went that day. It was fun. But the best was the next morning. THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NOBODY THERE!! It was awesome to walk around the park for a couple of hours with little to no wait for rides

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Went to Disneyland New Years Eve 2001 - and it was more packed than I had ever seen. July 4 is the other biggest day that I could remember...............so be prepared for HIGH crowds. I'd get there and plan to just hang out so they don't close the gates on you

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    .....so be prepared for HIGH crowds.

You must have been in the area where some guests were passing around those funny smelling cigs or the small shiney flasks!

We hung out where it was VERY crowded! Some might say HUGE crowds.

Whichever crowd you hang with, have a Tiggerific time!

See you there!

• C4C6C

I say 11:27 am.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Back in the day New Year's Eve used to be a "private party" with a separate admission ticket--but that was back in the '80's.

We booked the Fantasmic balcony dessert on NYE a few years ago (before Mice Chat), and we had a great time despite the crowds. (I think we had a simple dinner in DCA.)

So it's been a few years, but we are going to do a NYE there this year, probably in search of other insane Mice Chatters. We've got 3-day hoppers which we'll convert to Deluxe AP's on the last day.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

As others have posted, if you are going this year, be aware of the fact that the winds can pull the plug on all of the fireworks. I remember several Micechatters being bummed out that after a handful of fireworks the announcement came....2008, no fireworks, thanks for coming, drive safely, buh-bye. All of that build up and....nada. It's always a possibility in January, so heads up and be prepared.

I think there's a couple youtubes around of last years non spectacular welcome of 2008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast