• Off to Neverland

Another AP renewal question...

My premium pass expires soon and I'm a little unsure. Renewing it before it expires would be $369. If I renew it, before it expires, at the park while getting a new picture, is it still going to be $369 or will it be $389 since I'd be getting a new picture?

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Another AP renewal question...

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    My premium pass expires soon and I'm a little unsure. Renewing it before it expires would be $369. If I renew it, before it expires, at the park while getting a new picture, is it still going to be $369 or will it be $389 since I'd be getting a new picture?
    As long as you do it within 30 days of it expiring, you will pay $369, no matter if you take a new picture or not.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    As long as you do it within 30 days of it expiring, you will pay $369, no matter if you take a new picture or not.
    awesome!

Now... where is the first place I would go at the park to do this? That costumer service line place outside? And then...when I first got my pass I waited in a LONG line to get my pic taken...does anyone know any tricks to avoid this?

• Disney Pinapple Princess

Just the question I was wondering...(bank line vs. ticket booth line) as far as the long line at the bank, I notice longest lines in the morning.
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by aurora1729 View Post
    Just the question I was wondering...(bank line vs. ticket booth line) as far as the long line at the bank, I notice longest lines in the morning.
    I can renew it, with payment, directly @ the bank?

• Here Comes Trouble

I can renew it, with payment, directly @ the bank?
    I think you can do it all at the bank, however my mom has the Premium also and gets a $20 discount if she renews online prior to expiration. You can always get a new picture at the bank anytime for no charge I think (which might be when you happen to see a short line which would definatley be after the holidays)
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

Yes, you could always renew/w payment at the bank before the pass expires.
    *Do you still get the $20 discount? -I don't remember.

*Is the monthly payment done at the bank? - I have no Idea and I was thinking someone out there knew.

Mine expires next month and I want to plan my next trip to renew the accordingly.

• DLR Cast Member

Let me answer all of these in one long post:

*Now... where is the first place I would go at the park to do this?
    All the ticket booths and Guest Services now have pass printers installed in them, which means as long as you have a photo with us already, you make one stop--either out at the booths/guest services or at the bank-- and you'll have your new pass. You DO NOT have to take a new picture every year.

*I can renew it, with payment, directly @ the bank?
    Yes, and you can even do the monthly payments at the bank, too.

*Do you still get the $20 discount? Yes, as long as you're within your 30 days. You won't get your choice of backing or the 20% coupon though.

*Is the monthly payment done at the bank? - I have no Idea and I was thinking someone out there knew.
    See above response.

If there are more questions, throw them at me. I live at the main entrance, and do this stuff all day long-- in fact, I'll even be in the bank on Christmas Eve (YAY, me??!?) to process passes and all that fun stuff.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Here's another question to add to the mix:

I'm thinking about upgrading my AP on a "blockout" day. Will I be allowed admission to the parks on the same day of the upgrade given the date is still a "blockout" under the new upgraded AP level?

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    Here's another question to add to the mix:

I'm thinking about upgrading my AP on a "blockout" day. Will I be allowed admission to the parks on the same day of the upgrade given the date is still a "blockout" under the new upgraded AP level?

You are going to have to purchase the blockout at the ticket booth and then go to the bank to get the upgrade. The bank can give you the special "blockout" reentry ticket that will let you parkhop for the day.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    Let me answer all of these in one long post:

*Now... where is the first place I would go at the park to do this?
    [COLOR=Red]All the ticket booths and Guest Services now have pass printers installed in them, which means as long as you have a photo with us already, you make one stop--either out at the booths/guest services or at the bank-- and you'll have your new pass. You DO NOT have to take a new picture every year.
    I know you don't have to take a pic every year...but I'm WAY overdue for a new pic...thanx for all your info and expertise!

• DLR Cast Member

I know you don't have to take a pic every year...but I'm WAY overdue for a new pic...thanx for all your info and expertise!
    You are all very welcome. I would rather spend the time on here and get out the CORRECT info than have the wrong info get out and then I have very sad guests.

This way, it's easier for all of you to plan ahead of time for stuff, too, so it makes YOUR life easier AND my life easier.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I know this was mentioned briefly but I wanted to add this (because I did this on Monday with my expiring PAP). It is a GREAT deal, and should be considered:

You can also opt for the payment plan on the renewal of a PAP, and still get the renewal discount! Yup, instead of parting with $369.00 smackers all at once, you can either:

A.) Pay $69 "down" at renewal and then $25/month for 12 months. Or..

B.) Pay $0 at renewal and then $30.25/month for 12 months (the first payment of $30.25 will be debited within two days of renewal).

You still end up paying no more than $369, but get to make payments with ZERO interest.

It took a mere few minutes at Guest Services (DL side) and they handed me my newly printed PAP right there and I was good to go! There was no line at all outside; I recommend taking care of it before going into the park and dealing with those crazy lines at the Bank!!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 12-18-2008 at 10:55 PM.
    --Jonathan

Thanks Pattimelt! That info is golden! you are the best!

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I know this was mentioned briefly but I wanted to add this (because I did this on Monday with my expiring PAP). It is a GREAT deal, and should be considered:

You can also opt for the payment plan on the renewal of a PAP, and still get the renewal discount! Yup, instead of parting with $369.00 smackers all at once, you can either:

A.) Pay $69 "down" at renewal and then $25/month for 12 months. Or..

B.) Pay $0 at renewal and then $30.25/month for 12 months (the first payment of $30.25 will be debited within two days of renewal).

You still end up paying no more than $369, but get to make payments with ZERO interest.

It took a mere few minutes at Guest Services (DL side) and they handed me my newly printed PAP right there and I was good to go! There was no line at all outside; I recommend taking care of it before going into the park and dealing with those crazy lines at the Bank!!

haha, you sound line an advertisement. i'm probably going to do this, and i think it's a great option for people like me who are students or something and who have a steady income every month, but don't have that much cash up front. it's kind of like paying as you go, buying a month of parktime at a time, instead of paying for hte year all at once! i'm glad it's not really on credit and with interest and stuff.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)