Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• =)

Re: Jungle Cruise - an abandoned ride?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Well, the "jugle" cruise as you call it may not be special to you in a dazzling year 2008 sort of way, so wait over on the side listening to your Ipod and uplinking Twitter updates to your blog while I ride it. Thanks. Any attraction that has such a history and a 1955 "devised with Walt's input" pedigree deserves a place in Disneyland. BTW why don't you head over to DCA and ride Midway Mania, shoot some virtual targets and have a great "special effectsy" time while I ride again. Thanks.
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm for the JC, I wouldn't want to have the business end of that attitude you're wielding pointed at me. Furthermore, if we're accepting any attraction devised with Walt's input in 1955, we really ought to bring back the Storybook Land Canal Boats in their original, muddy, unthemed form.

• Banned User

The Jungle Cruise is always full when I've been on it! And, I think it's fun. I wouldn't say it's my favorite or anything, and, sure, the "Back side of water" gets old, but, it's the memories and I love that part.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by tj9991 View Post
    Do the skippers have much organization in regard to who uses what jokes? As in, to keep the re-rides a bit different?

I've heard the same joke a few times, but usually I hear a few new ones, or slightly changed ones.
    Ahh forgot to mention that thread... there's another one on here explaining the "cookie cutter". Initially when a Skipper is trained they are given an easy spiel to memorize... a "cookie cutter". It is then up to them to expand upon the spiel, and utilize alternate jokes. Obviously jokes will overlap, but recently there has been a great deal more overlap due to the overwhelming influx of new Skips. The thread has a great more detail on it, but that is a brief summary.

If a skipper steals another skipper's joke, is a hit placed on them?
    I believe you took the "crew" comment a tad too seriously. Skips often share variations of jokes found within the spiel. The only "rule" in regards to sharing original jokes is that if a Skip choses to use an original joke then they must own it. If they are caught being "off script" then there is no finger pointing, no "well I learned it from..." .Being "off script" is a choice. The unsaid portion of that rule was that you learn how to say the joke correctly first, then experiment with it... that way you didn't slaughter the joke and embarrass the Skip who came up with it. I was always amazed by the creativity of my fellow Skips. There is no "perfection" when it comes to jokes, someone will always find a different spin that is hysterical and unique to their style. That, that was the beauty of the J.C.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    • Moon effect added to the Elephant Pool

I know every other effect that you listed but what is the moon effect?

• Animation Domination

Where's the love for Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes? They tell the same jokes as the Jungle Cruise.

• The line's too long...

Jungle Cruise would make for a great Halloween overlay, especially after dark a la Conrad's "Heart of Darkness." Heck, they should change the spiel every day after dark for a serious trip through the dark jungle for JC feels totally different at night.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Where's the love for Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes? They tell the same jokes as the Jungle Cruise.

How can they? They operate in two completely different settings.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_sub View Post
    im gonna say two things right now. 1. if the jungle cruise closed i'd cry and weep at the entrance to the ride and 2. no matter how many times i hear the back side of water joke it's still gonna be funny. lol
    Personally, my favorite trips have been at night, with skips who replaced the "back side of water" joke with some fancy flashlight effects and "Look, it's Fantasmic!"
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I still don't get the humor in the "backside of water" joke!
    Water looks (and is) the same whether you think you're looking at it from the "front" or the "back"...

• The Voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    My favorite joke after that is "Don't try that at home, you'll hit you head in the sink."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    [/list]
    I know every other effect that you listed but what is the moon effect?
    When you enter the Elephant Pool look to the island on your left, then look up. You'll notice a large light tower. That is what lights the Elephant Pool at night (when it's working that is). Prior to it's install for the 50th refurb they used a small show light on the right berm.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• The Voice of the Jungle

I thought you were mentioning they just rotated an elephant around just so that you can only see a "full moon"
    Last edited by albino_pygmy; 12-19-2008 at 07:42 AM.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    When you enter the Elephant Pool look to the island on your left, then look up. You'll notice a large light tower. That is what lights the Elephant Pool at night (when it's working that is). Prior to it's install for the 50th refurb they used a small show light on the right berm.
    Thanks TechSkip. I guess it was not working the few times I have ridden the ride at night so that is why I never saw it.

• Splash On In

HA! I've only every heard the F! joke once on JC, quite some time ago, and I was nearly hysterical. What sold it for me was when the skip then started to sing the theme.

I always thought an effect in the hippo pool of the boat getting bumped from underneath a couple times would be fun and add to the urgency of using the gun.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Pirates is could be updated too but I don't think it should...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast