Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Minion

Goodbye Parade of Dreams?

So I just got word that Parade of Dreams has had its last run. This word was spread to the entire cast of the parade. Has anyone else heard about this?
    Jeff Wayne

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Goodbye Parade of Dreams?

Sorry if you would be losing a job.... but HURRAY!! I am so over that parade.

• Creative Director

Yes.

Don't get me started.

It's a sad day. Quality just went out the window....

And I'm going to say this - while not everything is everyone's cup of tea - everybody likes different things - a lot folks on the various boards that didn't care for the parade always say, "yeah, good riddance, I didn't like it anyway..." or "it overstayed its welcome" and so on. Fine, some didn't like it - but does that make it a good thing, does that make it ok, that Disneyland is cutting the major, high quality and ONLY parade production they have for Disneyland park (because they need to cut costs, and a cheaper street show/cavalcade is on its way...as if somehow guests won't know any better)?

I'm not a fan of several parades at other Disney parks, but I wouldn't want to see them cut, and the guests get nothing, or something less in quality, in its place.

Charge more than ever...and give the guests less. It's a damn shame...
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 12-20-2008 at 04:42 PM.

• A Weather Eye Open

we haven't had any official info on this... common assumption was that it would run next year after the repaving of main street until it was replaced with the new parade being developed for the 55th anniversary, because it wouldn't make any sense for Disneyland to either go without a parade for a year or to have a new parade for just one year (actually less when you think about the repaving and the holiday season). the celebrations street party is supposed to be smaller, like the high school musical show in DCA, or party-gras street show, and is only taking place in main street i think.

perhaps they only meant that it was the last run until after the christmas season and the repaving? it is a long hiatus, after all.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

A friend of mine, a CM in the parade, also told me about this. I'd say it's about time. It has overstayed it's welcome. It sucks because there won't be a new parade until late March.

• Animation Domination

finally a new parade. Not that POD was bad or anything.

• Creative Director

I'm sick of hearing the "it overstayed its welcome" thing. It was planned for a five year run, because when you create these things as lavish and expensive as they do, it has to run for a certain amount of time.

I'm all for new parades...if the new parade is coming immediately afterward, and is of the same or higher quality in terms of concept, design, etc...
    You do all know that the Celebrate street show thing is most likely NOT going to be on the size level of a POD? It's fine as a supplement to the major daytime parade, but not as a replacement.
    And you do know it's not going to be until 2010 when the next real, major high quality parade comes to DL?

The Celebrate street show is going to be nice, I'm sure...but I doubt that is going to be something on the level of Parade of Dreams.
    So for a year, give guests less (and there are no real stage shows or other quality character entertainment in park except for Fantasmic!)...and still charge more than ever for admission.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    I'm sick of hearing the "it overstayed its welcome" thing. It was planned for a five year run, because when you create these things as lavish and expensive as they do, it has to run for a certain amount of time.

I'm all for new parades...if the new parade is coming immediately afterward, and is of the same or higher quality in terms of concept, design, etc...
    You do all know that the Celebrate street show thing is most likely NOT going to be on the size level of a POD? It's fine as a supplement to the major daytime parade, but not as a replacement.
    And you do know it's not going to be until 2010 when the next real, major high quality parade comes to DL?

The Celebrate street show is going to be nice, I'm sure...but I doubt that is going to be something on the level of Parade of Dreams.
    So for a year, give guests less (and there are no real stage shows or other quality character entertainment in park except for Fantasmic!)...and still charge more than ever for admission.

i agree with this. i don't think that this is good news unless they plan to unveil some spectacular new 55th parade early, as soon as the repaving is done! i think POD is a really high quality parade and i don't think a 4 year run is too long at all. the street show is not going to be an adequate replacement for such a long period if that is all they have planned.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

I for one will be majorly pissed if this happens!

• A Suitcase & A Dream

It doesn't make sense to have the parade end with just a few months lefts for it to perform in 2009. The "Celebrate Today" show doesn't seem like it's going to be a proper replacement for PoD, I don't think the average guest will be happy with DCA having a full scale parade and Disneyland having a small street show. The only way it would make sense is if PoD as we know it won't be coming back but some scaled down show stopless version. Also when is "Celebrate Today" suppose to debut? disneyland.com doesn't have it scheduled for January.

• It's all about Theme!

How dare they? Absolutely unbelievable.

This parade is the best Disneyland has ever had and there is no way POD would be going if there will be a new 55th parade in a year.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I had heard that it might not be returning a few weeks ago but it was still in the rumor phase. I mean, I guess it still is but if the rumor is that now parade CMs are actually being told it's not happening, I'm closer to believeing it.
    Count me among those that think this is a stupid move (especially if the only thing you're going to replace it w/ is that celebrate today thing). Unless we're getting some new elaborate parade to replace it, this is just dumb. I'm a POD lover but I'm cool w/ them getting rid of it, if something of equal or greater value takes it's place.

Sadly all this news is true. The cast was informed yesterday that Parade of Dreams has officially ended it's run. So we'll have to wait until March until the Celebrate Cavalcade/Street Show begins.

Personally I can't believe would do this. Let Disneyland be without a parade until NEXT Christmas. Celebrate will be nice and all, but it isn't a parade and there are no major floats involved in Celebrate. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a POD float end up in Celebrate.

• Creative Director

Sad...just sad.

I remember hearing a rumor that the Welcome song was being taken out for the Celebrate theme song during the show stop...I would much rather have that then no real daytime parade at all.

• It's all about Theme!

Absolutely horrible! This is almost as disgusting to me as Small World was. Almost.

Somebody should be fired for this. It's probably the same as the IASW Person.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast