Thumbs up MainStreet tree lighting show, Causes me to get misty eyes. Beautiful.

I am not sure the exact specifics of how many times this occurs at night, although there is a special tree lighting show that occurs that is just incredible.
    All the lights suddenly turn off and there is beautiful music and a powerful voice over that speaks of believing in ourselves and our dreams, then the castle begins to sparkle along with the trees then the lights to the Tree are illuminated and sparkle as well as the castle lights which are then turned on.
    The voice over and the light show together are really beautiful and they invoke lots of emotions for me in the 5 minute or less show.

If anyone has any additional information about this show and a script of the words or the times that this occurs, please post it here.

What a beautiful addition to the Park, I have not noticed this in years past so I assume it is new for 2008 but please let me know,
    Thanks so much!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: MainStreet tree lighting show, Causes me to get misty eyes. Beautiful.

When they first started the snowfall effect in 2000, I, at the time wifeless and childless, remember standing there watching little children sitting on their dad's shoulder reaching out for the snow 'flakes' and I got really choked up and teary eyed. My thought about that child at that moment was "What are you experiencing right now? What are you feeling here in the 'snow' in Disneyland - the Happiest Place on Earth?" It was very memorable for me - and equally as emotional.

• We Want The Redhead

Isn't it at 5:30 and at 7:30 nightly? There is also a special light show at Small world Holiday that happens at the same time. I have seen the castle and tree lighting several times it IS spectacular. The last few times I have ben in line at the Blue Ribbon bakery chatting with out of towners. I always insist they run outside for the show as i hold there place in line for them. =They are always awe struck.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• always, the freaky cat

This past Friday, I made a point of being on Main Street at 7:30 to see this, and I was not disappointed. It really is a neat experience.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

This is the second year for the Castle Lighting ceremony. Its the first year for the tree on Main Street to be included.

I was there last year in early December for one of the 5:30 shows with my daughter and her fiance. We sat on one of the benches around the hub, facing the castle. I have to admit... sitting there in the cold and dark and listening to the ceremony and watching the lights change on the castle... yeah, I got pretty misty eyed myself. (Heck I even got misty eyed watching the testing of the tree on youtube before the tree was even up). It was awesome and beautiful to be that close to the castle last year to see it.

This year I stood in the middle of Main Street so I could see both the castle and tree at the same time, (but paid more attention to the tree since I had seen the castle last year). As cool as the tree is... I think the effect on the castle is even more awesome.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

It's easily one of my favorite things about the holidays in the park this year. I'm still dying for a shot next to the tree looking down towards the castle as all of the white LED lights go up on the tree, garlands, and hub trees at the same time. Not sure if anyone has gotten this yet, but I'm hoping to sneak down there this week for a quick attempt. I was standing behind the tree in front of the train station looking down Mainstreet to the castle and when that moment occurs, it's just breath taking. Of course, I was missing my camera at the time. Has anyone gotten this shot yet? Mastergracey? Darkbeer? Photomatt? Anyone?

• It's all about Theme!

I love the lighting moment but I think that it's a waste at the same time. If they spent so much money on the tree, they should leave it on for a while longer.

But yes, absolutely wonderful.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    I love the lighting moment but I think that it's a waste at the same time. If they spent so much money on the tree, they should leave it on for a while longer.

But yes, absolutely wonderful.
    do they not leave all the LEDs on after the last show? i thought i remembered them doing this with the castle last year.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

does anyone have the show's music?

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I was there on the 14th and yeah they must turn the tree LED's off fast, because my whole time there I didn't once see them. I only saw the colored ones.

• The "zip" in your doo dah

Disneyland Daddy's story about seeing dads with their kids watching the snowfall at Disneyland brought back a very sentimental memory for me. My son (who is now 16) was born with multiple heart defects and a compromised immune system. He had three major open-heart surgeries by the time he was 4 and a half - and we lived with daily uncertainty about his future. Well ... during those years ... I used to get caught up thinking of all the things I might never get to do with my son (i.e. teaching him to ride a bike, taking him camping, etc.) and one of the those things was taking him to Disneyland - a place that I have always loved and wanted to share with my kids. With a lot of prayer, and good medical care - that dream of taking my son to Disneyland eventually came true - and I remember so clearly how blessed I felt to be there with my wife and this amazing kid who had been through so much. We live a long way away and I don't get to Disneyland with my family as often as I would like - but reading some of your stories brought back some wonderful memories. I am truly blessed!

• We Want The Redhead

I( sincerely hope your son is well now and we can look forward to seeing him once again at the happiest place on earth. The next round of churros are on me!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Thumbs up Re: MainStreet tree lighting show, Causes me to get misty eyes. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteJ View Post
    Disneyland Daddy's story about seeing dads with their kids watching the snowfall at Disneyland brought back a very sentimental memory for me. My son (who is now 16) was born with multiple heart defects and a compromised immune system. He had three major open-heart surgeries by the time he was 4 and a half - and we lived with daily uncertainty about his future. Well ... during those years ... I used to get caught up thinking of all the things I might never get to do with my son (i.e. teaching him to ride a bike, taking him camping, etc.) and one of the those things was taking him to Disneyland - a place that I have always loved and wanted to share with my kids. With a lot of prayer, and good medical care - that dream of taking my son to Disneyland eventually came true - and I remember so clearly how blessed I felt to be there with my wife and this amazing kid who had been through so much. We live a long way away and I don't get to Disneyland with my family as often as I would like - but reading some of your stories brought back some wonderful memories. I am truly blessed!
    Thanks Monte for sharing this incredibly touching story with us.