View Poll Results: What dynamic are you???

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • A: I'll wait til '12 and take it all in at once.

0 0%
  • B: I'll visit when I visit and see what I can see

26 72.22%
  • C: First in line, pre ordered tickets, hotel booked well in advance

10 27.78%

Impending visits over the next few years...

Okay, okay. 1.1 billion dollars is being laundered by Disney into a revamped California Adventure.

We've all memorized the schedule of opening dates, given thorough opinions on rides we haven't experienced, and all have fairly high hopes for this project(disclaimer: If you don't have high hopes for this project, please disclude yourself from the previous statement).

One thing I haven't seen discussed much, if at all, is how each of us plan to visit DCA during construction.

Personally, I've visited Disneyland basically every year of my adult life, and figure I will continue that trend. 2009 will have a new FUN Wheel, some games to walk by, and since I went early 2008, TSMM!

2010 will have the WOC show.

2011 will have the Voyage of the Little Mermaid and the entrance.

2012 will close phase 1 with the opening of Carsland.

Basically, I wanted to discuss if you plan on waiting up until 2012 to visit DCA and take it all in at once?? Or will you be waiting impatiantly like the Mervyn's 'open, open' lady at the first sign of an opening date, ready to be the first to see it?

Like I said, I do my best to visit at least once a year, and will still do so during construction. I guess you could say I'm in the middle of the two dynamics mentioned above.

How about you???

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Impending visits over the next few years...

Being two hours away I have the luxury of being able to go several times a year. But when I do go its generally for a MiceChat event (Anniversary, Rally, etc), so I'm actually there more to socialize than anything else. So my answer will be I'll visit when I visit and see what I see.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

I used to go every few years, but since I moved from Phoenix to Houston it is now a lot more expensive for our family to go. We plan on going for our daughter's sweet sixteen, but that won't be til 2015. However, my mother is talking of taking me and my daughter at the end of 2009. She was looking to go in the summer, but I told her that that would probably not be a good idea. I am trying to convince her to go near Christmas so that a lot of 2009's construction will be done, and then she can see a lot of the holiday goodies! ^_^

I know it's unlikely, but this girl will keep wishing for a Disney park here in Houston!

• =)

I'll go when I can go...but there's no telling how frequently that'll be. I generally don't visit DCA very often because I don't have an AP and I don't like paying for parkhoppers when the resort is so lopsided in terms of quality. Hopefully, the DCA overhaul will change all that, but only time will tell. Anyway, I have no qualms about entering the park while it's under construction - it might be more interesting than it usually is! But it'll be fine with me if I end up waiting, too.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    We've all memorized the schedule of opening dates, given thorough opinions on rides we haven't experienced, and all have fairly high hopes for this project(disclaimer: If you don't have high hopes for this project, please disclude yourself from the previous statement).

Personally, I will visit whenever I can manage to visit, but I probably won't go with the intent of seeing the latest greatest whatever. I don't get to go often enough or stay long enough to waste hours just so I can be among the first to see something; I'll let the next big thing come along and enjoy shorter lines.

This plan will change if I somehow manage to win the lottery and get to spend a week at the parks, of course.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Sock Puppet

We usually make about a half a dozen multi-day trips per year to the Resort, so we'll be there during the construction multiple times.

We'll enjoy DCA as we always have. We don't mind the construction walls or barriers.

And you certainly won't hear any complaints about it from us...

Bring on the bulldozers!!!

For me it depends on which side of the park and which attraction (if something is new) unless its a really cool attraction, I would go and wait, but if its over at DCA I would wait. Like for Finding Nemo I would go whenever I get to go, however for the Space Mountain re-opening I would go straight there.

My family and I visit every year, so we'll take it in little by little.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

Data: I like being around the construction. It helps me gaudge whether or not I'm building my rides correctly in RCT 3. It certainly does add a lil excitement to the park knowing something new's going in.

Light 1: I went to the park twice before I rode Nemo. And I rode Nemo last on the last day of my trip when I did finally make it on. Space is a must. At least in the first 3-4 rides. Recently, we've been hitting it first on our trips.

Ol'School Micky: 1/2 dozen?? Lucky lucky. Where do you normally stay?

We were going to wait for all the new openings... but there is always the possibility that the new attractions could be delayed... so I think we will end up going sometime in the middle.

We used to go a few times a year (living in Phoenix with APs), but we didn't renew this year. Taking a break from Disneyland. (not my idea). So. We will probably go back late next year.

We can't miss the Haunted Mansion 40th birthday event, after all. Heh.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I'm not sure if I'll continue buying a Parkhopper for my annual-ish Disneyland trip if the construction seems overwhelming.

I don't look forward to a day when DCA is crowded and requires more than a few hours to get through. I know it's a lousy business model, but I like having DCA as an uncrowded place to go during the afternoon to get away from the crowds at Disneyland.

It runs counter to everything Disney is doing, but I think as DCA grows I'll actually visit it less often. For me the ideal Disneyland trip is one long day where I hit all the attractions I like. I don't like at all the idea of it becoming too big to experience in one day.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

With a pass there is no reason to wait. I love seeing new things right of the assembly line. Count me in for ASAP!

• Keep Moving Forward

I'm usually visiting the parks at least once a week, so if that pace keeps up, I'll definitely being hitting up these new attractions when they first open. Of course, I will be graduating college towards the end of this makeover, so we'll see if the start of my career allows for this once-a-week schedule.

• would rather be on the HM

The next trip that I'm planning to DL is in spring of '10 (senior year gift to myself and my friends!) and so I'm hoping that there will be some cool improvements there (although, I haven't been there since '07 now so there'll probably be quite a few changes!) to check out, especially at California Adventure. The renovations look awesome!!!

• Vasooki-land Owner

I voted as the Mervyns lady. I have an AP, and as long as we renew, I will see it. I will face my fears and get on that ferris wheel, for the last time, and I will CAMP out for TLM if they permit.

Not really, but if you take what some people did for Twilight (which I hate. Friends dragged me to the movie. I read the book because it was a present) I would be willing to do some of that. xD
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!