Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley of the Dolls
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    they shouldn't limit the icicles to just the castle. They could put smaller icicles on the buildings on Main St. as well as frosting the windows and lamp posts. That would be cool.

    Quick question: should icicles hang from the castle gateway?

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    they shouldn't limit the icicles to just the castle. They could put smaller icicles on the buildings on Main St. as well as frosting the windows and lamp posts. That would be cool.

    Quick question: should icicles hang from the castle gateway?
    When Disney said that the snow effect will travel down Main Street this year, that is what I was hoping they would do. Hopefully nexy year!!!

  3. #18

    • Me and Tommy Kirk
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chula-juana, CA
    Posts
    1,733

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    But then the castle looks incredibly dull during the day at Christmas time. As well, seeing as you can get up close with SB castle.. it would never work.
    I would think they could still add some garlands around the nets, and some Christmas banners along the drawbridge. It could work.

    Also, they should go old school and bring back the Christmas trees in the moat.

  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Also, they should go old school and bring back the Christmas trees in the moat.
    I dissagree. I think it looks weird because why are there evergreen trees growning in the middle of a moat. You know what I mean???!!!

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley of the Dolls
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I dissagree. I think it looks weird because why are there evergreen trees growning in the middle of a moat. You know what I mean???!!!
    I second that. Although a few snow covered evergreens near the hub would be nice.

  6. #21

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    I think Disney budgets over a 5 year term, they only have so much per year to spend on this Overlay, watch next year there will be more on the building over mainstreet and more on that castle. Just as they did for Night Before Christmas Overlay they added a little more every year for 5 years.


    Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

  7. #22

    • Me and Tommy Kirk
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chula-juana, CA
    Posts
    1,733

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I dissagree. I think it looks weird because why are there evergreen trees growning in the middle of a moat. You know what I mean???!!!
    No way! The white Christmas trees (and sometimes pink or other colors) were beautiful in that moat.

    Why are you worried of things looking weird? How normal is a German castle at the end of a Victorian era midwestern shopping district?!

  8. #23

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,885
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Covered in snow in Anaheim.






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,631

    Cool Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    No way! The white Christmas trees (and sometimes pink or other colors) were beautiful in that moat.

    Why are you worried of things looking weird? How normal is a German castle at the end of a Victorian era midwestern shopping district?!
    Well because trees don't grow in water do they. No need to get defensive. It is just an opinion.

    And don't get all mad at my opinion on Main Street and Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Walt picked the spot for the castle, so saying something like that is sorta like questioning Walt Disney's ideas.

  10. #25

    • A Weather Eye Open
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,536

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    i agree that they're not ideal and it wouldn't have been that hard to get looking really good in the first place, but now that they're made and all, it's more important to me that the whole castle be decorated, front, back, and sides, in order to have good show. if money's tight at the DLR, as the recent cuts indicate, icicle fixing is last on my budget wishlist.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)



  11. #26

    • Me and Tommy Kirk
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chula-juana, CA
    Posts
    1,733

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Well because trees don't grow in water do they. No need to get defensive. It is just an opinion.

    And don't get all mad at my opinion on Main Street and Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Walt picked the spot for the castle, so saying something like that is sorta like questioning Walt Disney's ideas.
    I wasn't being defensive. Sorry if you took it that way. It was said jokingly ~ nothing personal.

    However, if you're talking about questioning Walt's ideas, don't forget, those trees were there each Christmas that he was alive. They were only removed within the last 10 years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Is it me, or does this look like Sleeping Beauty Castle?
    By animagusurreal in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 08:18 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 07:09 PM
  3. My Sleeping Beauty Castle
    By serviceelevator in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
  4. Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle - Was it a win or lose in your eyes?
    By Maleficent Fan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 11:07 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 07:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •