Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

they shouldn't limit the icicles to just the castle. They could put smaller icicles on the buildings on Main St. as well as frosting the windows and lamp posts. That would be cool.

Quick question: should icicles hang from the castle gateway?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    they shouldn't limit the icicles to just the castle. They could put smaller icicles on the buildings on Main St. as well as frosting the windows and lamp posts. That would be cool.

Quick question: should icicles hang from the castle gateway?
    When Disney said that the snow effect will travel down Main Street this year, that is what I was hoping they would do. Hopefully nexy year!!!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    But then the castle looks incredibly dull during the day at Christmas time. As well, seeing as you can get up close with SB castle.. it would never work.
    I would think they could still add some garlands around the nets, and some Christmas banners along the drawbridge. It could work.

Also, they should go old school and bring back the Christmas trees in the moat.

• Minion

Also, they should go old school and bring back the Christmas trees in the moat.
    I dissagree. I think it looks weird because why are there evergreen trees growning in the middle of a moat. You know what I mean???!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I dissagree. I think it looks weird because why are there evergreen trees growning in the middle of a moat. You know what I mean???!!!
    I second that. Although a few snow covered evergreens near the hub would be nice.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I think Disney budgets over a 5 year term, they only have so much per year to spend on this Overlay, watch next year there will be more on the building over mainstreet and more on that castle. Just as they did for Night Before Christmas Overlay they added a little more every year for 5 years.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Me and Tommy Kirk

No way! The white Christmas trees (and sometimes pink or other colors) were beautiful in that moat.

Why are you worried of things looking weird? How normal is a German castle at the end of a Victorian era midwestern shopping district?!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Covered in snow in Anaheim.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

Cool Re: Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle fix

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    No way! The white Christmas trees (and sometimes pink or other colors) were beautiful in that moat.

Why are you worried of things looking weird? How normal is a German castle at the end of a Victorian era midwestern shopping district?!
    Well because trees don't grow in water do they. No need to get defensive. It is just an opinion.

And don't get all mad at my opinion on Main Street and Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Walt picked the spot for the castle, so saying something like that is sorta like questioning Walt Disney's ideas.

• A Weather Eye Open

i agree that they're not ideal and it wouldn't have been that hard to get looking really good in the first place, but now that they're made and all, it's more important to me that the whole castle be decorated, front, back, and sides, in order to have good show. if money's tight at the DLR, as the recent cuts indicate, icicle fixing is last on my budget wishlist.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Well because trees don't grow in water do they. No need to get defensive. It is just an opinion.

And don't get all mad at my opinion on Main Street and Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Walt picked the spot for the castle, so saying something like that is sorta like questioning Walt Disney's ideas.
    I wasn't being defensive. Sorry if you took it that way. It was said jokingly ~ nothing personal.

However, if you're talking about questioning Walt's ideas, don't forget, those trees were there each Christmas that he was alive. They were only removed within the last 10 years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12