Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Digging to Earth's center

James and the Giant Peach

This is a weird question, but was there ever any James and the Giant Peach anything in the parks? If not, would there be any chance it would ever show up in DL or DCA?
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Vasooki-land Owner

Re: James and the Giant Peach

Was james and the Giant peach disney?

Ignore that purple. I was being different.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• =)

It was released through Buena Vista, so it is Disney's property, yes. I don't know of it every being used in the parks, though, and I doubt it will be in the future. It never developed the kind of cult following NBC has, and it's even less conducive to some sort of overlay than NBC is. So I don't think it'll make its way into the parks.

Bring on James and the Pirates of the Caribbean...

• Queen Elsa

I've never hear of this movie so I wouldn't no who he was if he came to the park.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    Bring on James and the Pirates of the Caribbean...
    Hey, they both involve an ocean, right? And I'm sure the stylistic contrast would be just as well-appreciated as the contrast between NBC and HM...

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I always thought it was an interesting film, especially when I first saw it but I can see why it doesn't have a following or was never mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    I always thought it was an interesting film, especially when I first saw it but I can see why it doesn't have a following or was never mentioned again.

Because the kid had an accent.... Seriously....

I'm not down talking people who have them. That's why everybody who does have them, covers them up.

• always, the freaky cat

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    Because the kid had an accent.... Seriously....

I'm not down talking people who have them. That's why everybody who does have them, covers them up.
    Yes, the Harry Potter movies were a big flop with no following for the same reason. Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Yes, the Harry Potter movies were a big flop with no following for the same reason. Oh, wait...

I wouldn't know, I never watched them.....I don't have kids.

My point is, that kid in James and the Giant Peach was annoying. Also, James and the Gian Peach wasn't action/fantasy or whatever HP is classified as. And when there isn't as much going on visually the story needs to carry the flick. If it's hard to understand the main character beyond what someone is used to, it takes enjoyment out of seeing the movie. The sad part is is that was one of my favorite books growing up.

PS, DannyB, when you use examples, try and use more then one. Throwing some characters in space is one of the chessiest type of flicks, but one of the biggest phenom's in film history is Star Wars. Catch my drift? It helps to make your point more valid.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Well it was a Tim Burton film, but unlike/like HMH with NBC, has no real place in the parks.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Well it was a Tim Burton film, but unlike/like HMH with NBC, has no real place in the parks.

They could change the orange stinger to a giant peach. Or the parchute drops to peach drops. How about California Peachin? Maybe they could do a ride about the Roxford Peaches and the peach logo could have a kid standing on it with a foul mouthed centipede, lady bug, yadda yadda yadda, I'm going to bed....

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Being a HUGE fan of the book, James And The Giant Peach, I was completely disappointed with how the movie was put together. Mechanical sharks? Please. Horrible aunts who get run over by a massive peach who then show up alive at the end of the movie? Please. The entire film had so many flaws when compared to the book it was laughable.

I know I'm coming off as a snob, and I'm sorry for that to those of you who like(d) the film, but to me it was one of the worst things Disney had put out at its time. I'd be happy if Disney forgot about it (like they have thank God) completely and perhaps, perhaps, in the future tried again with it, but next time make sure to put more effort into capturing the charm that Mr. Dahl did when he wrote it.

- Joe

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Being a HUGE fan of the book, James And The Giant Peach, I was completely disappointed with how the movie was put together. Mechanical sharks? Please. Horrible aunts who get run over by a massive peach who then show up alive at the end of the movie? Please. The entire film had so many flaws when compared to the book it was laughable.

I know I'm coming off as a snob, and I'm sorry for that to those of you who like(d) the film, but to me it was one of the worst things Disney had put out at its time. I'd be happy if Disney forgot about it (like they have thank God) completely and perhaps, perhaps, in the future tried again with it, but next time make sure to put more effort into capturing the charm that Mr. Dahl did when he wrote it.

- Joe
    I was just a little kid when the movie came out, but I was a big Roald Dahl fan, and I remember being disappointed with the movie as well. I haven't seen it since I saw it in the theatre. That said, I don't think it was a very bad movie in and of itself now that i look back on it. I think the problem was that there really was no market for the stop-motion stuff, sadly. Nightmare was not very successful when it first came out, and it's following was still pretty small when James came out. I honestly think James didn't get a following later on, like Nightmare did, because it didn't have any gothytype subculture elements. Nightmare wouldn't be nearly as sucessful if it didn't have skeletons and old rag dolls and spiders everywhere.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• HauntedOne999

I personally like the movie... although it had the same creative team as NBC it was not done by Tim Burton, which I believe was the reason its didnt become a cult classic like NBC. The only place anything based off the movie could fit in is in the entrance of the Bountyful Farms/Bugs land area in DCA, but that would be a stretch as movie focuses on the UK and New York.

The film would have to be re-released in theaters and posibbly 3d to make an impact, but i doubt that disney would put out the money on hope it would become popular. Heck at least release an anniversary edition DVD... I would buy it.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast